2015 - Could be Best Year Ever in Pacific Northwest sports

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Seahawks - potential SB champs
Ducks - potential national champs
Blazers - currently tied for 2nd best record in NBA
Mariners - Should finally make the playoffs this year, a chance to win the WS
Gonzaga - #6 in the country with a good enough team to win it all

I know a lot of Seattle folk are conditioned to hate the Ducks, and it's hard to root for the Blazers, but damn our part of the country is going through the best era ever in sports.

Shouldn't speak to soon, but to have this many elite teams in Washington/Oregon, with 5 all having a very good shot at a title is pretty damn impressive.

mbtitleist

Reaction score
Out of those listed I really only care about the Hawks and Mariners. If somehow the Mariners were to win a World Series the same year the Hawks did I would consider my life complete.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
mbtitleist":33c3x6ps said:
Out of those listed I really only care about the Hawks and Mariners. If somehow the Mariners were to win a World Series the same year the Hawks did I would consider my life complete.
THIS!

OP
OP
H

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
mbtitleist":3v0uvewu said:

How about the return of the Sonics to top it off

Smellyman

Reaction score
Don't care much for the NBA, but Damian Lillard is making me a convert. He is an assassin and a good dude.

Lifelong Blazer fan, but had a falling out with the NBA for the last 15 years or so.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Shouldn't you wait and see if we can beat the packers out for the right to even play in the super owl before pondering such questions? The cheese heads will not just roll over. There have to be as pissed at us as we are at the cowboys. We will get their best shot this time around.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2udwb0zw said:
Shouldn't you wait and see if we can beat the packers out for the right to even play in the super owl before pondering such questions? The cheese heads will not just roll over. There have to be as pissed at us as we are at the cowboys. We will get their best shot this time around.

He is asking a hypothetical question. Why should he have to wait to ask a "what if" based question. Guess we should shut down any forum post asking who folks would prefer to match up with if we make the Super Bowl to.

as a side note I would be happy with any 3 on that list from happening. Could toss in the Sounders finally getting to the MLS Cup after teasing us so many times.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Gonzaga's not going to win it all. They're not even getting to the Final Four (I desperately want to be wrong about this btw).
Ducks win tonight.
Blazers don't even get to the conference finals (again, badly want to be wrong).
Mariners.....I'm always in 'show me mode' with this franchise.
Hawks.....back to back babeeeee!!!!!

Throwdown

Reaction score
Hope the ducks lose, couldn't care less for the Blazers, and I hope the Mariners fail.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Don't have to worry about Oregon Football or Gonzaga Basketball, both will always choke in the bright lights.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1sclbknw said:
And.... The huskies are still irrelevant. I guess their football team is decent for a rowing school. :D
Huskies actually have a major poll national title from 1991, something Oregon still has never done.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Too bad they didn't have the national championship game back in those days--GIVE ME MIAMI.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":33sf7ab7 said:
Too bad they didn't have the national championship game back in those days--GIVE ME MIAMI.
UW's defensive line would have murdered Miami.

Rainger

Reaction score
mbtitleist":2fdss9q3 said:
THIS: :thirishdrinkers: :3: