Fangio wants out of SF?

Laloosh

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/554972929172058112[/tweet]

rlkats

Reaction score
And the punches keep coming crap what a year.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
rlkats":211wi87p said:
I feel bad for the good Frisco fans like yourself. There aren't many here and elsewhere IMO, but I know a few. All signs seriously point to a pending bottoming out.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
If Quinn were to leave and Fangio reaches an agreement with SF, do you think we would be interested in him for DC?

homerun1970

Reaction score
They arent bottomed yet, I do believe York is energetic and has a shovel at this point. Let's give him whats due not many people have taken a franchise that had been highly successful except for last year and completely dismantled it. I can't say that watching it is a displeasure , it has got to be painful for the fans though.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
homerun1970":36oi4dkf said:
. I can't say that watching it is a displeasure , .

You see you say that but the dynamic has really changed. I hated Harbaugh but kinda felt sorry for him at the end. It's similar with their fans, I loathed Whiner fans on webzone but they are so defeated now it's hard not to feel a bit sorry for them, hell there are threads now where the majority are defending RW from the ignorant few and there seems to be pangs of genuine respect from them.

It's like Venkman says "dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria".

Marvin49

Reaction score
ug.

Kinda saw it coming though. Can't see Vic wanting to stay if he's passed over unless its a big name that gets the job...IE Shanahan.

homerun1970

Reaction score
True some of their fans I feel for, the organization hell no they chose the path. Some of the fans I am surrounded by here in N. CA well if they cry, we are in a drought thanks for their donation.

jkitsune

Reaction score
rlkats":80znbt60 said:

I live in the bay area, so essentially all of my close friends are Niner fans. I have also never been treated with anything but friendly rivalry and respect wearing Hawks gear down here, so I don't have the same loathing for the fanbase that a lot of others do (the one exception being -at- the game. Yikes).

In that light, I honestly really feel bad for my friends with what's going on. I remember feeling like this under Bavasi (I was pretty young during the Behring days so don't remember those as much, though I'd argue Behring was even worse than this). Bavasi would make all of these moves because he genuinely thought he was making the team better, and it would just tear apart the roster and farm system, and I just felt so defeated as a Mariners fan, because you knew the team was getting worse. All you could kind of do was hold out desperate hope that Bavasi would luck into something that would offset the terrible decisions he made.

That's kind of what this feels like - I feel bad that Niners fans have to watch their team let go of an extremely good coach, and now possibly an extremely good DC, while Jed York remains in charge, subtly throwing his prior HC under the bus. I hope they just promote Vic Fangio and hire an OC. It'd be the right thing to do.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Once Quinn is off to some new HC job... I wouldn't mind Fangio as our new DC.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
hoxrox":193fly22 said:

I'd assume that Fangio wants to run "his" defense, not Pete's. I don't think he would even be a consideration. A team like ATL would benefit greatly from Fangio's talents.

Jville

Reaction score
IIRC the name Shanahan screams zone blocking.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Laloosh":2s89vtf9 said:
hoxrox":2s89vtf9 said:

I'd assume that Fangio wants to run "his" defense, not Pete's. I don't think he would even be a consideration. A team like ATL would benefit greatly from Fangio's talents.
Fangios talents are a direct reflection of his roster. Atl currently has a crap roster on D.

Marvin49

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1o7wk11j said:
Laloosh":1o7wk11j said:
hoxrox":1o7wk11j said:

Fangios talents are a direct reflection of his roster. Atl currently has a crap roster on D.

I wouldn't go that far since he didn't have most of that talent last year but still coordinated a respectable defense...

...but I don't see any way he ends up in Seattle.

Fangio is a 3-4 guy in the school of Dom Capers. Seattles D is just fine, can't see them making that dramatic a change.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Yeah Marv you are correct no way we will change anything on D ..It's not broke ..Your team was fine also but those blowhards at the top can't leave a good thing alone..

Marvin49

Reaction score
IndyHawk":39qrrvxj said:
Yeah Marv you are correct no way we will change anything on D ..It's not broke ..Your team was fine also but those blowhards at the top can't leave a good thing alone..

ug....

....Really not too happy about it right now. I wanted Harbaugh to stay but I was OK with it if they had a plan. Maybe they do...dunno....but sure seems like they are going after guys I have no interest in. Maybe they know better than I, but Gase doesn't do much for me. Never a HC on any level and only an OC for a few years and even then it was with Manning.

I keep reading "someone who can teach Colin to play QB" but how the hell does Gase even qualify. He's never played it on any significant level. He's never really had a prize pupil become a good player.

I don't get it.

If Niners are really interested in him I'd guess they like something he's sayin', but I just don't see it.

Now they might lose Fangio if they hire him.

Jeez....not lookin' good.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Imagine being hired to be the new DC of a defense that is already at dynasty level. I mean, what could you do? Tell the players "just keep doing what you've been doing guys, great job" and try to make damn sure you don't disrupt the talent and chemistry? I suppose you could throw in a few new wrinkles here and there, but man!

Latest posts