No one to coach pro bowl

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
That's appropriate, cause no one tries in the Pro Bowl and no one watches the Pro Bowl.

Largent80

Reaction score
They have made that game into a reality show. Stupid, why even do it?...Nobody cares.

kidhawk

Reaction score
NFL Announced that the Ravens and Cowboys would be providing the coaches for the pro bowl.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/555115151830315008[/tweet]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's a valid question, why the hell is the pro bowl even around?

Is it dumb pride cause it'd look bad if the biggest sport in our country does away with it's pro bowl? At least back in the day the players enjoyed a nice trip to Hawaii with their family when they were only making 100k per year.

But now even the players act annoyed and try to get out of going with inventing fake injuries.

It's time to put this dog down.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I haven't watched a Pro Bowl since Barry Sanders was in it ...It was going bad even then..

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Pro Bowl used to be awesome as hell, a fantastic experience for both fans and players alike. The whole week was nothing but football heaven. And then they ruined it. It's no wonder it's lost half the interest that was there before, to the point where even coaches don't want to participate.

Put it back to how it used to be a decade or more ago and you'll regain the interest in it.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Gosh....

Watch the Pro Bowl or the worse Gilligans Island episode for the ten millionth time?

I don't even need to think about it for a few moments.

rjdriver

Reaction score
tom sawyer":2jn3gsvs said:
Gosh....

Watch the Pro Bowl or the worse Gilligans Island episode for the ten millionth time?

I don't even need to think about it for a few moments.

Not if Ginger is in a bunch. That's a no brainer.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":ds167xlv said:
Put it back to how it used to be a decade or more ago and you'll regain the interest in it.

It still wasn't competitive, which is why fans don't watch.

Football isn't a game you can feign effort, what makes it good is the effort. Take that a way, and it's a bunch of grown men playing flag football.

It just needs to go away.

Cartire

Reaction score
The biggest problem with the pro-bowl is when they moved it from after the superbowl to the week before. That completely ruined the game. The best players on the superbowl teams cant even play in it. The superbowl hype is far bigger and over-shadows it.

It was once a great thing to cap of a season with a light-hearted, fun display of the top pros. Now its a paid vacation for some celeb-athletes.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
I guess it makes me a competition-hating simpleton, but I kinda like the Pro Bowl. I know they're just goofing out there and I don't expect more than that. I watched last year's game and it was entertaining. Where else can I see novelty combos like Phillip Rivers throwing a pass to Jimmy Graham? And someone forgot tell JJ Watt that it wasn't serious - maybe he was on 60% power but he was still balling.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Sgt. Largent":2nn8yvry said:
Seahawk Sailor":2nn8yvry said:

It still wasn't competitive, which is why fans don't watch.

Football isn't a game you can feign effort, what makes it good is the effort. Take that a way, and it's a bunch of grown men playing flag football.

It just needs to go away.

It used to be competitive, or at least more so than it is now. When it was after the Super Bowl, in Hawaii, with a bunch of money and bragging rights, it was at least decently competitive. I'd say if you halved the money the losers got and doubled the money for the winners, you'd throw some competition into it. And doubly so if you wove the game somehow into the following season, like some kind of home advantage for the winners in some way. Other leagues do something like that, and while that exact paradigm wouldn't work in the NFL, they could probably come up with something that did.

Largent80

Reaction score
It used to be played on a rotational basis in NFL stadiums. People quit caring. Then they moved it to Hawaii where it stagnated. Now it is a friggin joke. And a BAD one.