The Packers on the road 2014

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
On the road, the Packers average 21 points per game. At home they average 38 points per game. I don't know the historical perspective, but a 17 point differential has to be right up there as the highest home/away differential in history. The Raiders had the second highest differential this year at 9 points per game.

On the road, the Packers allow 137 rushing yards per game and a 4.6 yards per carry, those are both bottom four in the league.

On the road, against the top defenses (Seattle, Detroit and Buffalo) the Packers scored an average of 12 points per game.

On the road, the Packers average score was a 23-21 loss. At home, a 38-20 victory.

We all knew they were a different team on the road, but I think this is more than most of us expected. Barring strange events, this game should follow a familiar pattern for the Seahawks. A one score game at half, pull away in the second half. If Rodgers is more limited than he was last week this game could be decided by the end of the 3rd quarter.

http://www.teamrankings.com

HawkMeat

Reaction score
SoCalSeahawk":34douipq said:
On the road, the Packers average 21 points per game. At home they average 38 points per game. I don't know the historical perspective, but a 17 point differential has to be right up there as the highest home/away differential in history. The Raiders had the second highest differential this year at 9 points per game.

On the road, the Packers allow 137 rushing yards per game and a 4.6 yards per carry, those are both bottom four in the league.

On the road, against the top defenses (Seattle, Detroit and Buffalo) the Packers scored an average of 12 points per game.

On the road, the Packers average score was a 23-21 loss. At home, a 38-20 victory.

We all knew they were a different team on the road, but I think this is more than most of us expected. Barring strange events, this game should follow a familiar pattern for the Seahawks. A one score game at half, pull away in the second half. If Rodgers is more limited than he was last week this game could be decided by the end of the 3rd quarter.

I hope this trend continues.

I watched two packer games this year. At the game vs. Hawks, and when they embarrassed the bears.

I've been a bit concerned about rushing, especially with how GB picked it up as of late.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
How are they on the road in the CLink against the number ONE defense in the league with 60 minutes of play time standing between them and Super Bowl XLIX?

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Any chance we see a Flynn vs Russell match up? I don't foresee Rogers finishing up this game. Our O-Line will chase him all over the field.
The way we cover in the secondary, I don't expect to see quick throws ...

Anyone listens to Jim Rome on CBS? He was making fun of the Cowboys for losing to a 1-legged QB.
How embarrassing would it be for the best Defense in the history of the NFL to lose to a one legged QB (even if his name is Rogers)?

I think our Defense will be too much for Rogers.

Chawks1

Reaction score
SoCalSeahawk":2dp5a89k said:

Excellent post. I knew they hadn't beaten a winning team on the road all year but this shines a bright light on their road wowes.

Mods should post this in main forum as this is game day related and will get more attention.

Smellyman

Reaction score
joeseahawks":1zpgmw34 said:
Any chance we see a Flynn vs Russell match up? I don't foresee Rogers finishing up this game. Our O-Line will chase him all over the field.
The way we cover in the secondary, I don't expect to see quick throws ...

Anyone listens to Jim Rome on CBS? He was making fun of the Cowboys for losing to a 1-legged QB.
How embarrassing would it be for the best Defense in the history of the NFL to lose to a one legged QB (even if his name is Rogers)?

I think our Defense will be too much for Rogers.

Who would win that race? A one legged Rodgers or James Carpentar?

That is a remarkable differential.