Bears Set to Hire John Fox

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000459551/article/chicago-bears-set-to-hire-john-fox-as-head-coach[/urltargetblank]

Can't say as I'm shocked. This made sense from the moment he left the Broncos. Still working out the contract details, but it looks to be just a matter of time

Seanhawk

Reaction score
A very "meh" hire for me living here in Bear country. Maybe I've watched the Super Bowl footage too many times, but he just comes off as a "deer in the headlights" dolt to me.

"Come on, throw us one Russell."

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":35zawyej said:
A very "meh" hire for me living here in Bear country. Maybe I've watched the Super Bowl footage too many times, but he just comes off as a "deer in the headlights" dolt to me.

Who doesn't have that look against our defense? I think he's a far drop from being a Pete Carroll, but he's an improvement over Trestman IMO

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kidhawk":3vop8n6x said:
Seanhawk":3vop8n6x said:

Who doesn't have that look against our defense? I think he's a far drop from being a Pete Carroll, but he's an improvement over Trestman IMO

That's not saying much.

aawolf

Reaction score
I came on here a few years ago and said that Marc Trestman was a bad hire and would not get the Bears anywhere. I will now say that, if they hire John Fox, they will get to the playoffs immediately and the NFC Championship at some point in the next three years. He might not be able to fix Jay Cutler, but he will make him better and the defense will be much better. Fox is a winner and builds great defenses and running games, which is a formula for success. Great hire for the Bears if they get him.

kearly

Reaction score
Feels like a placeholder hire. Felt that way when Denver hired him too.