Is Trent Richardson a head case?

Ruminator

Reaction score
That's a head-scratcher. Must be something serious. But even then, few players faced with something serious are willing to miss a big game. Don't know what his strengths are as a RB but wonder if another team would want him, if the Colts decided he's no longer a good fit for them.

Edit: Just speculation, but it seems perhaps his heart is no longer into football. Watching him even last season, he seemed to have a lot less tenacity carrying the ball compared to most RBs. Or was I just imagining it?

Chapow

Reaction score
I doubt the Colts are going to miss his 3.3 yards per carry.

Would anyone even notice if he never played another down? Dude has had an utterly forgettable career so far.

Who was the last guy that was this big of a disappointment at RB?

jkitsune

Reaction score
Chapow":1udh153z said:

Would anyone even notice if he never played another down? Dude has had an utterly forgettable career so far.

Darren McFadden? Reggie Bush?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
My guess, he was going to be inactive for the 2nd week in a row after talking big this week, and could not handle it.

Chapow

Reaction score
jkitsune":37b6t62w said:
Chapow":37b6t62w said:

Seriously?

Both of those guys have had injury issues, but when healthy, they have both been pretty damn good for pretty long stretches at times.

Richardson has done nothing. Calling his career mediocre would be generous IMO.

Maulbert

Reaction score
jkitsune":213zj6qu said:
Chapow":213zj6qu said:

Those guys have managed more than Richardson. Is Penn State-level running back bust. (Penn State had multiple RB busts in the 90's).

knownone

Reaction score
Scottemojo":27r578if said:
My guess, he was going to be inactive for the 2nd week in a row after talking big this week, and could not handle it.
This. I may be in the minority, but I actually like Richardson, Get that dude out of Indy make him lose 10 pounds and he's a pro bowler.

Erebus

Reaction score
knownone":32rc2i94 said:
Scottemojo":32rc2i94 said:
This. I may be in the minority, but I actually like Richardson, Get that dude out of Indy make him lose 10 pounds and he's a pro bowler.

How do you figure? He's had chances on two teams already, one with a good o-line, and hasn't done shit.

minormillikin

Reaction score
You can be a pain in the ass and/or crazy and stay employed in the NFL... If you're a good player.

Trent Richardson is not a good player.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Chapow":twx2056u said:

Lawrence Phillips? Ki-Jana Carter? I mean, those are some world class busts.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Most definitely a head case and a terrible bust. I highly doubt the guy is playing in the NFL this next year. He was going to be inactive for the second playoff game in a row, and rather than go along and support his teammates, he doesn't even make the trip. No way folks are going to take a flyer on that dragging their team down next year.

knownone

Reaction score
Erebus":3v23sy75 said:
knownone":3v23sy75 said:
Scottemojo":3v23sy75 said:

How do you figure? He's had chances on two teams already, one with a good o-line, and hasn't done shit.
When I watch him he reminds me of Marshawn in his last 2 years with Buffalo. Marshawn got a little bigger and lost some of his explosiveness and at times looked pretty pedestrian. So what changed? He got traded, lost some of the muscle he put on and landed in a scheme that fit him. I think Trent is capable of that kind of turn around, He showed flashes in Cleveland of being a great RB, and I don't think Indy fits him very well individually.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Chapow":1vpqtbvk said:
jkitsune":1vpqtbvk said:
Chapow":1vpqtbvk said:

Seriously?

Both of those guys have had injury issues, but when healthy, they have both been pretty damn good for pretty long stretches at times.

Richardson has done nothing. Calling his career mediocre would be generous IMO.

Yeah, no, you're right, I'm just trying to come up with disappointments to try to compare. I agree that neither have been as awful as Richardson.

How about Cadillac Williams?

Edit: Or Cedric Benson? Both showed something early on but flamed out, whether due to injury or attitude.

rideaducati

Reaction score
knownone":3ux8s81w said:
Erebus":3ux8s81w said:
knownone":3ux8s81w said:
Scottemojo":3ux8s81w said:

When I watch him he reminds me of Marshawn in his last 2 years with Buffalo. Marshawn got a little bigger and lost some of his explosiveness and at times looked pretty pedestrian. So what changed? He got traded, lost some of the muscle he put on and landed in a scheme that fit him. I think Trent is capable of that kind of turn around, He showed flashes in Cleveland of being a great RB, and I don't think Indy fits him very well individually.

I've never seen a RB that ran away from huge holes more than Richardson. He could have hole big enough to drive a truck through to his right and instead of running through that hole he cuts left into three defenders. This is a regular occurrence with this guy. Just watch the film since he was drafted. He's the "Wrong Way Feldman" of the NFL.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
knownone":84tfckrw said:
Scottemojo":84tfckrw said:
How many chances does one need?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I get the idea that anyone saying he would rather film threesomes and hit da club is probably spot on.

Treghc

Reaction score
He may be a headcase, but it doesn't matter. Truth is, he just plain sucks. There's no reason for him to be on an NFL roster.

I mean, look at this:

Trent Richardson

ScreenShot2013 10 24at91000AM original

Trent-Richardson-vs-PIT-1C.png

Trent-Richardson-vs-PIT-1E-420x312.png