Brandon Bostick = Bill Buckner

korboko

Reaction score
I wonder if the sports media will compare Bostick with Buckner for years to come. Green Bay was ready to put on their NFCC shirts then the on site kick happened. It was surreal.

drrew

Reaction score
He'll be remembered in Green Bay, the rest of the country will forget his name by the time next season starts.

I hope for his sake this isn't the end of his career.

lsheldon

Reaction score
This game and in particular that play will never be forgotten in Green Bay. It will live on in infamy just like the Golden Tate catch in 2012. Cheese heads never forget. It may never end up with it's own wikipedia page, but it wont be forgotten.

Smellyman

Reaction score
I feel bad for him. His play sticks out more than most, but so many Packers (coaches included) had an oppurtunity to make the right play etc. He was just one of them.

Marvin49

Reaction score
lucky49":27pe963i said:
bostick= kyle williams (kind of)

This. Hopefully he doesn't get death threats the way Kyle did. I was never more embarrassed to be a Niner fan than that day.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Marvin49":2k0k7o9z said:
lucky49":2k0k7o9z said:

This. Hopefully he doesn't get death threats the way Kyle did. I was never more embarrassed to be a Niner fan than that day.

Thats what yesterday's game reminded me of completely.

Ironically, the Giants would go on to face New England after a victory in overtime too.

Marvin49

Reaction score
WendellWent":3byzav7w said:
rideaducati":3byzav7w said:
lucky49":3byzav7w said:

Who?

Returner for SF who fumbled the ball the year the 49ers lost to NYG in the NFCC game.

Twice. Once in overtime to essentially end the game.

It's not Buckner because if I recall correctly, that was the World Series (IE, the ALCS would be comparable)....and was the Red Sox who hadn't won in 50+ years. My memory could be faulty there though.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
drrew":2yuoo5oj said:
He'll be remembered in Green Bay, the rest of the country will forget his name by the time next season starts.

Just like Kyle Williams.

Honestly, to blame the game on Bostick is ridiculous. Bostick wasn't to blame for the poor playcalling for the duration of the entire game. He wasn't on a Defense that surrendered 21 points - including the 2-point prayer - in the last 8 or so minutes of the game. He wasn't Clayton Burnett, who cost his team a minimum of 35 yards on a return and a potential field goal. He wasn't Eddie Lacy, who completely disappeared in the second half of the game. He wasn't on the field for the fake field goal. Et cetera. There were plenty of dark clouds in that sky.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":ma68m4j1 said:
drrew":ma68m4j1 said:

Just like Kyle Williams.

Honestly, to blame the game on Bostick is ridiculous. Bostick wasn't to blame for the poor playcalling for the duration of the entire game. He wasn't on a Defense that surrendered 21 points - including the 2-point prayer - in the last 8 or so minutes of the game. He wasn't Clayton Burnett, who cost his team a minimum of 35 yards on a return and a potential field goal. He wasn't Eddie Lacy, who completely disappeared in the second half of the game. He wasn't on the field for the fake field goal. Et cetera. There were plenty of dark clouds in that sky.

Honestly, dunno how Clinton-Dix isn't just as much a goat. He had every opportunity to knock down the 2 point conversion and didn't. If he does, the field goal on the next drive is a game winner.

lucky49

Reaction score
Marvin49":dwrvrtso said:
Our Man in Chicago":dwrvrtso said:
drrew":dwrvrtso said:

Just like Kyle Williams.

Honestly, dunno how Clinton-Dix isn't just as much a goat. He had every opportunity to knock down the 2 point conversion and didn't. If he does, the field goal on the next drive is a game winner.

bc he also had 2 interceptions.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Is it only me, or does anyone else think that H-HC-D had no real shot at that 2PC? He was off-balance and essentially body-shielded and out-heighted by Willson.