Matthews "mentally, physically and emotionally drained"

vonstout

Reaction score
Matthews is getting destroyed in Wisconsin because he was on the sideline for the two TD drives at the end of regulation because he was "mentally, physically, and emotionally drained". The media is saying he should be traded if it's true since ET and Sherman wouldn't come off the field even though they were injured. Speaks volumes for our guys.

Exittium

Reaction score
The only thing I have to say about Matthews is ... in the smack shack lol along with many other.

endzorn

Reaction score
I just read his postgame quotes. He was asked how he felt about the game beginning to change and part of his answer was that they were mentally, physically and emotionally drained. It had nothing to do with why he sat out.

(On having the lead with six minutes to go, what goes through your mind when things change… ) “We know it’s four quarters of work, especially with a great team like that. That makes it even more difficult, knowing it’s right there in front of us. We had it, and unfortunately we let it go. At first, right now, you’re kind of in a little shock and awe, because of what just took place. Mentally, emotionally, physically drained. This one hurts, and it will for some time, but that’s part of the deal. Only one team can win.”

OP
OP
vonstout

vonstout

Reaction score
McCarthy said he wasn't aware of any injury and he was just standing on the sidelines with his beanie on and no trainers anywhere around him. I'm just telling you what has been going on on. Madison sports talk radio.

endzorn

Reaction score
vonstout":2iaplyr2 said:
McCarthy said he wasn't aware of any injury and he was just standing on the sidelines with his beanie on and no trainers anywhere around him. I'm just telling you what has been going on on. Madison sports talk radio.
There could be a lot more to the story. I'm just saying that particular quote has been taken out of context considering the actual question asked.

Honestly, I hope he did just sit out for no good reason. All the more reason we're headed to the Super Bowl and not them.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
He was too busy making sure his hair looked good for the post game ceremony.

We saw the guys on the bench laughing it up. They thought they got away with one. That the teaser of giving them the ball 5 times was going to cut it. They all visualized the media and the heroic stature of doing the impossible, Matthews was probably daydreaming of endorsement deals and legendary cliches to use all offseason.

Heh

kobebryant

Reaction score
This is the same guy who missed a playoff game with a broken thumb.

Can you think of anyone on this D that would sit out a playoff game with a broken thumb?