Josh Gordon apparently prefers weed over millions of dollars

el capitan

Reaction score
Josh Gordon has failed another drug test and will be banned for at least a year.

frosted21

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":q4x1zfe3 said:
Archer":q4x1zfe3 said:
Apparently he tested positive for alcohol, which is pretty stupid. The NFL I mean.

Why would Gordon get a year for alcohol when Prater got four games?

I would assume it was a part of his reinstatement agreement, considering he had a recent DWI.

pehawk

Reaction score
According to reports, he tested positive for alcohol. Good for the NFL, no way that dudes who risk paralysis and brain damage should ever be allowed to have a drink. What, with all the prescription pills teams knowingly hand out.

Yeah, Gordon is an idiot. But, so is the NFL.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Archer":1ccewlzq said:
Apparently he tested positive for alcohol, which is pretty stupid. The NFL I mean.

You can't drink if you're in the NFL? Or, you can't drink if you've been busted for an illegal (in 48 states) drug? Or, you can't drink if you've been busted for using a Performance Enhancing Drug? Or any/all of the above? In no case does that make sense, not even Rog-sense. Imagine the furor today if Broadway Joe were to prepare for the Super Bowl the night before like he did for SB III, with "2 broads and a bottle" (his words at the time).

sc85sis

Reaction score
Apparently because he's at stage whatever in the substance policy, any substance is now included, even alcohol.

Guy obviously needs help.

Edit: they just said he's in stage three on NFL Network.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
You know who else needs help?

Thousands, nay, millions of people who drink too much and have alcohol pimped to them by the NFL during football game commercials.

I know that the terms of his reinstatement to the NFL probably included avoiding alcohol. Still, doesn't feel quite right.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2d3o5feg said:

Thousands, nay, millions of people who drink too much and have alcohol pimped to them by the NFL during football game commercials.

I know that the terms of his reinstatement to the NFL probably included avoiding alcohol. Still, doesn't feel quite right.

Quit being nuanced.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":2v6sdk17 said:
Scottemojo":2v6sdk17 said:

Quit being nuanced.
I apologize, m' lord.

kearly

Reaction score
Why was he put on an alcohol ban list if he was not dealing with an alcohol problem? Seems unbelievably unfair to the guy. If he was aware of the alcohol ban then he's an idiot for drinking, and I don't want to let him off the hook for that. But the way this looks at first glance is as if the NFL was laying a trap or wanted to rail road him in some way.

OrFan

Reaction score
The guy has a long record for substance abuse. Weed in the NFL and he had failed two tests while in college. He had a DWI last July and was forbidden to drink as well. This is why the tests for alcohol.

Some people are just too stupid to learn.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
People have different levels of tolerance when it comes to various temptations and we all learn different manners of similar skills in coping with those temptations. Maybe he's stupid but stupidity describes a flaw in such a non-specific way. He's a man who is perpetually unprepared and it doesn't appear Cleveland's organization has contributed anything positive in assisting him in this regard. He's bearing the brunt of mistakes that are not just his own.

ballhawks12

Reaction score
kearly":28xlxybq said:
Why was he put on an alcohol ban list if he was not dealing with an alcohol problem? Seems unbelievably unfair to the guy. If he was aware of the alcohol ban then he's an idiot for drinking, and I don't want to let him off the hook for that. But the way this looks at first glance is as if the NFL was laying a trap or wanted to rail road him in some way.

I agree that it does seem unfair to Gordon. However, I don't feel sorry for Gordon, as its my understanding that he was well aware of the consequences if he broke protocol.