Falcons Hiring Defensive Assistants

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/26/report-richard-smith-joining-raheem-morris-on-falcons-staff/[/urltargetblank]

According to the Link they've hired two defensive coaches, one who will be in charge of the pass defense (Raheem Morris), and the other (Robert Smith) to be the Defensive Coordinator. This (IMO is great news. This means it's much less likely that Quinn poaches from our staff when he moves over to the Falcons next week.

pehawk

Reaction score
Those are all good hires too. I'm a big Frazier guy. Kyle was a good grab offensively.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Yep, this is good news for Seattle.

The only question mark I see is Travis Jones. I wonder if he stays in Seattle as DL coach or takes the same position in ATL.

kearly

Reaction score
He's probably going to want Richard for DC (unless Smith is the guy, which is still a bit unclear at this point).

pehawk

Reaction score
kearly":f4zinu3t said:
He's probably going to want Richard for DC (unless Smith is the guy, which is still a bit unclear at this point).

Morris is their DC, reportedly.

Coincidentily Morris is who I meant to say I like. Good coach.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12230888/raheem-morris-join-atlanta-falcons-assistant-head-coach-charge-defensive-backs[/urltargetblank]

The Falcons also will hire Denver Broncos linebackers coach Richard Smith as defensive coordinator, a source confirmed to ESPN.com's Jeff Legwold.

pehawk

Reaction score
Hmm, last week it was Morris.

I know nothing of other dude.