Good for Brent Grimes wife....

pehawk

Reaction score
http://www.phinmaniacs.com/news/miko-wi ... st-the-nfl

For all of you who follow Miko Grimes on Twitter, you know that she's not one to hold back her feelings. She doesn't care who's listening or reading - whatever she is thinking at that current time will surely find it's way to the keyboard and on Twitter. In addition to that, she hosts a radio show on Saturdays with Omar Kelly on 560 WQAM and hasn't held back any punches on the radio either. On Tuesday evening while she was on the airplane back to Miami from the Pro Bowl in Arizona, she decided to spit fire at the NFL for all the wrong that they've done.

Edited for language, follow the link for the whole story. Pehawk, please refrain from posting full articles.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pehawk":2s24zdk9 said:
http://www.phinmaniacs.com/news/miko-wife-of-dolphins-cb-brent-grimes-goes-on-a-tirade-against-the-nfl

For all of you who follow Miko Grimes on Twitter, you know that she's not one to hold back her feelings. She doesn't care who's listening or reading - whatever she is thinking at that current time will surely find it's way to the keyboard and on Twitter. In addition to that, she hosts a radio show on Saturdays with Omar Kelly on 560 WQAM and hasn't held back any punches on the radio either. On Tuesday evening while she was on the airplane back to Miami from the Pro Bowl in Arizona, she decided to spit fire at the NFL for all the wrong that they've done.
Awesome!

mikeak

Reaction score
Stupid. No more 2adays and certainly not 3 a days. She lives ina fancy house and spends money earned by her husbands employment BY THE NFL. Nobody would care what she says if her husband didn't play for the league she tries to willify.

Sure make points about domestic abuse - I get it. But don't cry because your husband missed work and therefor didn't get paid that day. Works that way for most people. If you complain don't do it publically for the employer that pays for your life every single day.

You want out - then tell your husband to stop playing and we can see how long you last in the radio.

To be clear. I agree with her on domestic violence and more should speak out. But this kind of tirad just makes me wonder how many concussions she had herself....

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Apologies to mods if it contained nasty language. Didn't catch that.

getnasty

Reaction score
There's no doubt the NFL is hypocritical, but at the same time you don't have to play in the NFL. If you don't like your employer the quit. Plus I guarantee that if Brent Grimes was like "babe i'm gonna retire today" she'd be thinking "bullshit your go make that 8 million next year".

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
getnasty":15kdcf18 said:
There's no doubt the NFL is hypocritical, but at the same time you don't have to play in the NFL. If you don't like your employer the quit. Plus I guarantee that if Brent Grimes was like "babe i'm gonna retire today" she'd be thinking "bullshit your go make that 8 million next year".

While that's a true enough statement, I try to remove thinking from my assessments. If an employer behaved that way towards you or a family member, you'd think it's messed up too. The fact we're talking about millions instead of $100k shouldn't matter. I hate the "put they're making millions" rant. It reeks of insecurity and jealousy over someone else's financial situation.

We all try and get the most money we can for our family, everyone of us, to a man.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
She's absolutely right.

I'm not watching ever again.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
getnasty":v4hoqpkk said:
It's either, take the money and shut up, or don't take the money and shut up, is that what you're saying?
Hmm, so you be thinkin' that greed trumps all, and she's talking out her ass?
Sounded more like, (to me at least), that she thought that the head honcho's really don't give a rats ass about the possibility of injuries to the players.
They subject them to a rigorous schedule of games to be played , (TNF), without proper time to let some players heal up in between, and on that, she's 100% correct, as the bottom line is it's THEIR MONEY that matters most.
She's also correct in that it's the players that take all the risks of injuries for their cut of the money, IE.Sherman, Thomas, while these other nobodies assholes in charge of everything, are calling the shots, and raking it in off the backs of those players.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Her bias is showing with regard to the defensive MVP issue.

As for the other stuff, she's way over the top, but beneath the craziness she does have a point. It's the same one Sherm has made: the NFL can be completely hypocritical in many ways, one of which is player safety.

I also think it's stupid of them to fine a guy who missed practices, etc. for family reasons, especially if he did in fact get permission first.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Army wives are giving birth without their husbands because they're deployed to a combat zone making 30k a year and this crazy B is whining because her husband didn't get paid for missing an autograph session with fans?

The whole rant was way over the top. Of course she works in sports talk radio so I guess that's to be expected.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Those poor, poor enlisted military families...

How does that play any role in her points? Oh, it doesn't? So rather than dismiss her comments as being too selfish, you need to further degrade the topic by bringing in a totally irrelevant nonlateral comment?

You know what I say to those army wives... What did you expect by getting pregnant to some dude that's going to get deployed soon?

Who's the genius that joins the military during war-time anyway?

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
sammyc521":n4hd1yoh said:
Those poor, poor enlisted military families...

How does that play any role in her points? Oh, it doesn't? So rather than dismiss her comments as being too selfish, you need to further degrade the topic by bringing in a totally irrelevant nonlateral comment?

You know what I say to those army wives... What did you expect by getting pregnant to some dude that's going to get deployed soon?

Who's the genius that joins the military during war-time anyway?

Wow. Now that's stupid.

Ok let's see, as to her points? She's a loud mouth, spoiled wife who is behaving as if some huge crime has been committed against her husband because he didn't get MVP of a football game and didn't get paid because his missed work. Oh I'm sorry, am I supposed to feel sorry for her?

There are millions of people who deal with worse stuff in their job that don't invoke anywhere near the anger she has towards the NFL. I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to show how bat shit crazy and out of touch with reality she is by giving an example of what real sacrifice is. But, judging by your response that people who volunteer during war are idiots, you probably have no idea what that is.

So what other point does she bring up? That the NFL doesn't care about it's players because it asks its players to play Thursday Night Football, once a year. I guess she doesn't realize that millions of fans like me watch TNF. It's one of the reason's she can comically complain that only 16 or her husband's 32 million dollar contract is guaranteed while also saying the fans don't have a right to complain when players hold out for more money.

This woman is nuts and oblivious to actual struggle. She nags about a lot of fluff, but her main point seems to be that the NFL is all about money yet her husband deserves more money for less work. She stirring up controversy to gain attention. It's working well. I bet her radio show producer loves the increased viewership the last couple days.

Now, do you actually got a thought on the subject or you just like playing message board police?

TestMo1337

Reaction score
It's all relative. Those points are important to her.

You're dismissing her points because there are other troubles out there... well the same could be said about anything who has a worse situation. On the grand scheme of things, yeah, her points are only important to her... which I don't have an issue with. I agree that her points are valid; the NFL is hypocritical.

I only watch TNF because the dumbass NFL schedules the Seahawks on Thursday so I have to rush home to catch the game at 530 PM PST. I hate TNF. If given the choice, I would nuke it.

Your arguments against her:
-Her husband makes a lot of money so she should be grateful
-People enjoy TNF so player safety is a non-point
-There are people who are suffering worse so she should be grateful
-Her husband missed work and was not afforded time-off so was docked pay even though he was granted permission

More reasons not to care about a preggo military wife... it's 2015, you can plan for pregnancies so you don't have to be alone if your partner gets deployed... but yes, I think a soldier and their partner are idiotic to volunteer for military service for $30K a year during wartime and then get upset that they may miss the birth of their child due to the soldier's deployment.

I read your comments as petty jealously because you feel her anger is somehow some great miscarriage of justice when her rant is no different than a lot of fans on a message board.

My name is Kettle... nice to meet you.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Why should her comments be taken serious?

Perhaps her points could be better addressed if they weren’t bordering on hysteria and with threats to expose secrets as if the NFL is some sort of crime family I might be inclined to hear her out.

Or if her hate wasn't so obvious, she could tried to justify why the NFL would take the Pro Bowl MVP away from Brent Grimes, even though the NFL doesn’t vote on the MVP, it’s the nfl media who does.

How about she answers to how the NFLPA agreed to TNF in 2011 even with the addition of two more games? (I guess when the players’ association bargained for 55% of television revenue, which added $600 million from TNF, they agreed it was worth player risks.)

Maybe she should provide some data that supports TNF being any more unsafe than a regular schedule. (Best I could find, the data doesn’t strongly support her case.)

Is the NFL hypocritical for preaching player safety? Yeah. But businesses that are considered dangerous usually are. They ask their employees to be safe where they can, but for the sake of business, they ask them to take risks, too, in which they are well compensated for it.

That’s the ultimate point she ignores. Her husband could walk away, but the money is so damn enticing, so why talk shit about her husbands’ employer and try to harm the image of the NFL that is trying its best to look good so they get paid AND her husband gets paid?

It’s not petty jealously that I’m against her rants. It’s the fact her husband is willingly playing as a modern day gladiator, but instead of ranting against her husband to get him to walk away, she’s taking it to Twitter to bash a product I like and support.

And if anyone agrees with her that the NFL is the most “SHITTIEST, SHADIEST, DISRESPECTFUL” sport, yet still watches it on any day of the week, you’re a hypocrite as much as the NFL is.

getnasty

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":gecd95v5 said:
Why should her comments be taken serious?

Perhaps her points could be better addressed if they weren’t bordering on hysteria and with threats to expose secrets as if the NFL is some sort of crime family I might be inclined to hear her out.

Or if her hate wasn't so obvious, she could tried to justify why the NFL would take the Pro Bowl MVP away from Brent Grimes, even though the NFL doesn’t vote on the MVP, it’s the nfl media who does.

How about she answers to how the NFLPA agreed to TNF in 2011 even with the addition of two more games? (I guess when the players’ association bargained for 55% of television revenue, which added $600 million from TNF, they agreed it was worth player risks.)

Maybe she should provide some data that supports TNF being any more unsafe than a regular schedule. (Best I could find, the data doesn’t strongly support her case.)

Is the NFL hypocritical for preaching player safety? Yeah. But businesses that are considered dangerous usually are. They ask their employees to be safe where they can, but for the sake of business, they ask them to take risks, too, in which they are well compensated for it.

That’s the ultimate point she ignores. Her husband could walk away, but the money is so damn enticing, so why talk shit about her husbands’ employer and try to harm the image of the NFL that is trying its best to look good so they get paid AND her husband gets paid?

It’s not petty jealously that I’m against her rants. It’s the fact her husband is willingly playing as a modern day gladiator, but instead of ranting against her husband to get him to walk away, she’s taking it to Twitter to bash a product I like and support.

And if anyone agrees with her that the NFL is the most “SHITTIEST, SHADIEST, DISRESPECTFUL” sport, yet still watches it on any day of the week, you’re a hypocrite as much as the NFL is.

This is correct

Popeyejones

Reaction score
That he didn't get paid for not doing a thing he was going to be paid to do seems like a pretty silly complaint.

As for the rest of it, I don't see anything particularly new or enlightening in any of this. I mean we all already knew that the NFL only cares about domestic violence to the degree that they feel public pressure about it, that players and teams are skirting concussion protocols, that NFL contracts are one-sided and players are forced to honor them but teams aren't, etc., etc., etc.

That what seems to spur on this rant was that her husband didn't get paid for not attending an event he was going to get paid to attend is just kind of bonkers, though.

BASF

Reaction score
I don't think some of you understand the part about him not practicing and then the NFL cancelled his autograph session which he would have been paid for. She is not complaining that he isn't getting paid for something that he didn't do. She is complaining that they took his ability to make the money from the autograph session away from him as a result of him missing practice.