Curious about opposing teams SB rooting interest

Largent80

Reaction score
All you fans of other teams....who are you rooting for in the game this Sunday and why?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Largent80":23izih5n said:
All you fans of other teams....who are you rooting for in the game this Sunday and why?

I've really been trying to find a way to root for the Patriots, but man...they are making it hard to root for them.

...as much as I want Seattle to lose...the Patriots are pushing me toward Seattle.

SilNWest

Reaction score
Marvin49":7x7ws87m said:
Largent80":7x7ws87m said:

I've really been trying to find a way to root for the Patriots, but man...they are making it hard to root for them.

...as much as I want Seattle to lose...the Patriots are pushing me toward Seattle.

Join us Marvin.

Tumblr me3slgeFuZ1qzunp8o1 500

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Marvin49":2umsr33a said:
Largent80":2umsr33a said:

4474065261 4f95455a3d z

pehawk

Reaction score
Marvin, stand firm. NFL fanaticism isn't your sexuality, you cant just switch allegiances based solely on who's remaining still that very moment.

tomsulasub2.jpg

This dude would be so disappointed in you if you cheered on the Seahawks. And who'd want to disappoint this dude? Certainly not JJ Stokes or Merton Hanks.

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
As a Saint I'd pull for Seattle. Just been so long since a team has won back to back.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":1dci81ah said:
Marvin, stand firm. NFL fanaticism isn't your sexuality, you cant just switch allegiances based solely on who's remaining still that very moment.

tomsulasub2.jpg

This dude would be so disappointed in you if you cheered on the Seahawks. And who'd want to disappoint this dude? Certainly not JJ Stokes or Merton Hanks.

Honestly....

...at this point I'll probably just watch without a rooting interest. Either way, something good and something bad (for me) happens.

Either...

1) Brady and Belicheat lose AGAIN and Brady is denied the 4th ring owned only by Montana or Bradshaw

or

2) Seahawks are denied the beginnings of a Dynasty...for a year at least.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin, stop lyin'. You're rooting for the earthquake. You've probably already purchased this shirt to wear on Sunday:

NewLogoPrimary-600x752.jpg

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3hmm4wvg said:
Marvin, stop lyin'. You're rooting for the earthquake. You've probably already purchased this shirt to wear on Sunday:

NewLogoPrimary-600x752.jpg

...I might root for an earthquake in Arizona that swallows University of Phoenix Stadium on Sunday. :D

RedAlice

Reaction score
Seattle. Obviously, I would like to see the Pats lose as they are my most hated team and well, you all have a half-way decent team. :D

Interestingly though, almost all Charger fans around here I talk to are rooting for the Pats because they want to see the Hawks lose. They seem to hate Pete Carroll ferociously and also Sherman. Also keep hearing that Hawks are not actually that good and don't deserve consecutive SBs. They must be mad at you for beating them this year.

So far I think everyone coming to my SB party will be rooting for the Pats, except the little 11 year old Niner fan - he will root with me and we want the NFC W to win.

pehawk

Reaction score
Is the 11 year old single? Asking for a friend.

Why wouldn't the Chargers hate the Pats more? Fascinating.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
RedAlice":3bwvovr8 said:
Seattle. Obviously, I would like to see the Pats lose as they are my most hated team and well, you all have a half-way decent team. :D

Interestingly though, almost all Charger fans around here I talk to are rooting for the Pats because they want to see the Hawks lose. They seem to hate Pete Carroll ferociously and also Sherman. Also keep hearing that Hawks are not actually that good and don't deserve consecutive SBs. They must be mad at you for beating them this year.

So far I think everyone coming to my SB party will be rooting for the Pats, except the little 11 year old Niner fan - he will root with me and we want the NFC W to win.

I dont understand why anyone would root for the Pats. They have been to 6 superbowls in the Brady and Bellicheck era now..isnt anyone sick of it. Especially the fans of teams who havent even been to the superbowl..how the hell can you root for the most spoiled fanbase in the entire NFL

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Marvin49":31qvi4dx said:
Largent80":31qvi4dx said:

I respect that.

When SF was in the SB vs the Ravens, I wanted the Ravens to win.
I was the only one at the party thinking this. They all wanted the NFC West to represent.
HUH? NO, that's not how this works, that's not how any of this works.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Rooted for the Hawks last year because they had never won one before, and I'll always root for a team that has never won one.

This year I don't really care either way. I'll watch because I enjoy watching football, but won't be rooting for or against either team (which is how I watch most games).

pehawk

Reaction score
I cant imagine ever not rooting against the 49ers. Vs Hitler, vs al Qaeda, vs child mortality rate decreases...there's no scenario where I could root for the 49ers.

I'm ashamed of Popeye and Marvin.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":whtm5nl7 said:
RedAlice":whtm5nl7 said:
They must be mad at you for beating them this year.
The Chargers beat us, I'm not sure why their fan base would be angry with us. *shrug*

Haha. I totally forgot that - hm, I don't know why they hate you then. That might explain why they don't think you are that good though.

In the Super Bowl game I'm making the Pats are of course being referenced only as the Cheaters. I'm sure it will be an entertaining Sunday.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RedAlice":35a7onnh said:
In the Super Bowl game I'm making the Pats are of course being referenced only as the Cheaters. I'm sure it will be an entertaining Sunday.
Have any good game sheets to post for this Sunday's game?

RedAlice

Reaction score
pehawk":3cif6dv8 said:
Is the 11 year old single? Asking for a friend.

Why wouldn't the Chargers hate the Pats more? Fascinating.

Why yes, he is. And he has an adorable crush on me. :) He is teaching me how to play Madden and I taught him how to play FF this season - he actually did pretty good. Sux he had to go and pick the Niners to be his team and he gets so sad when they lose.

Charger fans still seem to kind of be stuck in the idea that the NFC W as a whole sucks. And since they beat 3 of the 4 last year, that probably helps support it.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1tzu5tro said:
RedAlice":1tzu5tro said:
Have any good game sheets to post for this Sunday's game?

I'm working on my game today. Wiill happily share it when I'm done if you want to see it.