Kraft expects apology from NFL if no tampering found

ivotuk

Reaction score
So...they cheated and now they are setting the stage for an apology from the NFL?

"If the Wells investigation is not able to definitely determine that our organization tampered with the air pressure in the footballs, I would expect and hope the league would apologize to our entire team and in particular coach Belichick and Tom Brady for what they have had to endure the last week. I am disappointed in the way the entire matter has been handled and reported upon," Kraft said"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ring-found

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
I expect a gold plated toilet seat. But it's just not in the cards, now is it baby?

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Did the NFL apologize to Richard Sherman after he won his Aderall appeal?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Roger Goodell's phone call to Robert Kraft,
"Who Got Your Back?",,,, "I Got Your Back",, "Who Got Your Back?",,,, "I Got Your Back".

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm not sure what council Kraft hired to give him advice on how to handle deflate-gate, but I think it's backfiring.

The general public outside NE doesn't want to hear a defiant coach, QB and owner demanding apologies, they want to hear contrition and a willingness to work with the NFL on solving the mystery of how 11 of 12 footballs magically became deflated by 2 pounds of PSI.

Even if you think you're innocent as an owner, be humble and appeal to the general public.......but I know that's not the Patriot way, which is arrogantly wave your finger at everyone else. Thus the hate Robert!

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Michael Grey played back some of Kraft's rant on Northwest.com. About 24:45 in. The guy sounds stoned and I don't think he has any idea that he has been lied to and this (I hope) could get ugly if the truth comes out.

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... rey%20Show

Also, about 24 minutes in, Brian Urlacher gives Richard Sherman some love :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
From an article on ESPN:

"In the book, Kraft first exhausts what sociologists might categorize as a textbook list of excuses for people caught red-handed. "How much do you think that helped us?" Kraft wonders, rhetorically. Then later, "You know how many teams steal signals?" After his attempts to minimize and deflect fall short, the Patriots' owner says he finally decided to confront Belichick about the illegal taping.

This is how it went:

"How much did this help us on a scale of 1 to 100?" Kraft says he asked Belichick.

"One," Belichick replied.

"Then you're a real schmuck," Kraft told Belichick.

Bingo.

Well, the schmuck is back, or so it appears."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/st ... -flem-file

Wartooth

Reaction score
One word describes The whole patriots organization...
Greasy, top to bottom.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I thought I would correct the OP.
He expects an apology if cheating is not definitively proven. Not NO tampering, it has to be 100 percent guilty, or he wants an apology.

The best defense is a good offense, I guess.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
I didn't see that quote, just the one that I put in my headline which was taken directly from the article on NFLN.

I got the impression from the audio that he thinks Bill and Brady are 100% innocent and that he expects it will end up with an apology. Either way, considering their history, it's hypocritical to even be mentioning an apology. I'm pretty sure he pats Bellicheat on the back every time he rubs his grubby little fingers up and down those Lombardis.

To me, this is all for show and he's following the tried and true politician method of deny, deny, deny, then feign outrage.

"I did not have sexual relations with that Lombardi. Mike Lombardi"

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1pu2rqks said:
I thought I would correct the OP.
He expects an apology if cheating is not definitively proven. Not NO tampering, it has to be 100 percent guilty, or he wants an apology.

The best defense is a good offense, I guess.

I watched the 20 seconds of him on SC, did anyone else think Kraft was drunk, or high? Old man looked and sounded faded.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm not sure what Kraft is expecting. Even if the NFL found absolutely zero evidence, the fact remains that the rules were broken, and it's scientifically impossible that the balls deflated themselves.

The Patriots have already been found guilty, now it's only a question of determining the severity of their punishment.

If Kraft had an ace up his sleeve it was that he was in the commissioner's good graces. But after hearing Belichick fire off on Goodell for Spygate, not to mention the appearance of lying by Belichick and Brady... that Kraft-Goodell buddy system had to be on thin ice. Hearing Sherman and various media members speculate that Goodell is in Kraft's corner probably doesn't make Goodell itchy to prove them right, either.

And now Kraft makes this statement which is openly disrespectful of Goodell.

Not a smart move. If the investigation turns anything up anything of substance, the Pats could be in a world of hurt.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I've heard two schools of thought on this:

1) He wouldn't knowingly set himself up for the negative repercussions and embarrassment that will come if it's later proven the balls were tampered with, so he either knows or seriously believes they weren't.

2) He's a big bad owner trying to put his employees (Goodell on down) in their place.

I also think two other possibilities exist: he's been completely duped by Bill and/or Tom or he figures using a fall guy gets them off the hook.

It also could be some combo of any of the above scenarios.

kearly

Reaction score
Belichick jumped the shark on his Saturday presser, he basically just went all in on a 7/2 offsuit. I think Kraft senses the desperation and has decided to go all in too.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I kind of read it as a direct challenge at Goodell.

Also, Kraft's lecture of Sherman about where Sherman's money comes from can be applied to Roger too. There were some sharp canines behind those carefully thought out statements.

If Sherman responds with a Yes Massah! it would start a meltdown.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
I got a good laugh out of Belicheck's "Science" excuse. More like "Weird Science." Talk about desperation!

Then Bill Nye the Science Guy AND Neil DeGrasse Tyson both refuted his claims. Not that anybody with any sense at all would believe Bellicheat's story, but that it kicked the legs out from under his explanation.

What's really embarrassing is local Boston scientists, from MIT no less, attempted to back up their team's coach. What a crock. I'm no scientist but I was a pilot for 20 years and have a minor in Mathematics. I can tell you that there is no way in hell that those balls could lose 2 pounds by going from room temperature (Approx. 70 degrees) to outside temperature (IIRC it was 51 degrees on the field). Making claims about "atmospheric pressure" is pure bullshit. Boston is at or near sea level. And in order to change the temperature significantly by rubbing, they would have had to use a belt sander.

It is amazing how easy it is for people in positions of influence to lie over the most unimportant things. MIT scientists...really? No wonder nobody believes them when they talk about climate change, they have no integrity.

mikeak

Reaction score
Honestly it makes sense. You all KNOW that if Hernandez is deemed not guilty in court then Kraft will go up on the podium and apologize for cutting him and Kraft will proceed with re-signing him immediately to millions of dollars.....

right?