Seattle wants host the Super Bowl at the CLInk in 2019?

korboko

Reaction score
If New Jersey/York can host a Super Bowl at a outdoor stadium... I don't see why not Seattle. I heard they were adding more seats to the stadium. So, there's that.

raisethe3

Reaction score
^^^From that article, it says that it needs 70,000 seats and 25,000 hotel rooms. But as of now, the stadium holds approx 67,000 and 34,000. The temperature needs to be above average of 50 degrees. I see it going against Seattle. Average temp in Seattle is 44. It needs to hope that the temperature may only rise up. Then CLINK needs to start adding more seats so that it can start bidding to host the Super Bowl. Its a long-shot I say.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
raisethe3":5tr6b4lr said:
^^^From that article, it says that it needs 70,000 seats and 25,000 hotel rooms. But as of now, the stadium holds approx 67,000 and 34,000. The temperature needs to be above average of 50 degrees. I see it going against Seattle. Average temp in Seattle is 44. It needs to hope that the temperature may only rise up. Then CLINK needs to start adding more seats so that it can start bidding to host the Super Bowl. Its a long-shot I say.

Wait...did they make an exception for NY because I doubt the average temp is above 50 degrees..heck the last 2 years now there has been a major storm around the week of the superbowl/ They got super lucky last year

Fudwamper

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":n8e486ab said:
raisethe3":n8e486ab said:

Wait...did they make an exception for NY because I doubt the average temp is above 50 degrees..heck the last 2 years now there has been a major storm around the week of the superbowl/ They got super lucky last year

Seattle does not want to host. Its a scam, the cities end up paying out more than they make.

Melencause

Reaction score
Fudwamper":1dgkd0v0 said:
WilsonMVP":1dgkd0v0 said:
raisethe3":1dgkd0v0 said:

Seattle does not want to host. Its a scam, the cities end up paying out more than they make.

Please let us never host a Super Bowl. Traffic is bad enough as it is.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
New York was an exception because it's New York.

TBH I just don't see it happening. From watching the Santa Clara negotiations, I think the city of Seattle is pretty lucky that it likely won't happen too. As the Olympics is now dealing with, folks are starting to catch on that hosting one-off sporting events usually isn't a great financial decision (particularly when the infrastructure isn't already in place, as is the case with Seattle).

TBH if the 2019 Super Bowl isn't in Los Angeles I think something will have gone wrong.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2emnm4tc said:
New York was an exception because it's New York.

TBH I just don't see it happening. From watching the Santa Clara negotiations, I think the city of Seattle is pretty lucky that it likely won't happen too. As the Olympics is now dealing with, folks are starting to catch on that hosting one-off sporting events usually isn't a great financial decision (particularly when the infrastructure isn't already in place, as is the case with Seattle).

TBH if the 2019 Super Bowl isn't in Los Angeles I think something will have gone wrong.

Exactly. If Seattle couldn't get it when we had the Kingdome, there is now way we will ever get it now. Nor should we even want it.

kearly

Reaction score
Weather conditions are a part of the game. The NFL just had the game in New York knowing there was a significant chance of poor weather, which indicates that the NFL thinks the downside of poor weather isn't quite as big a deal as it's made out to be. While it's certainly not the SB, major playoff games are played outdoors in below freezing temperatures every postseason. And those games still have halftime events. It is different for the SB but not in a way that can't be managed.

I think every NFL city should have the opportunity to host a SB, though a few cities (Green Bay especially) would be more challenging than others. It's only fair that every NFL city would get to experience hosting a SB a few times in one's life.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
kearly":2qebp0uv said:
Weather conditions are a part of the game. The NFL just had the game in New York knowing there was a significant chance of poor weather, which indicates that the NFL thinks the downside of poor weather isn't quite as big a deal as it's made out to be. While it's certainly not the SB, major playoff games are played outdoors in below freezing temperatures every postseason. And those games still have halftime events. It is different for the SB but not in a way that can't be managed.

I think every NFL city should have the opportunity to host a SB, though a few cities (Green Bay especially) would be more challenging than others. It's only fair that every NFL city would get to experience hosting a SB a few times in one's life.
While I don't want Seattle to get financially screwed over by the NFL for hosting a Super Bowl, I agree Kip, it would be cool if every team hosted a Super Bowl. Too bad they didn't set that up from the start. Green Bay deserves to host a Super Bowl.