Goodell says NFL is looking into streaming

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'm sure there will be more details later, but I was listening to his press conference on the NFL network and he said that they are looking into streaming possibilities to reach people who don't have traditional televisions and a worldwide audience. There was no timeline and not a lot of detail, but it bodes well that they are even talking about it.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/561231632128942080[/tweet]

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Some NFL Network website article a while back said it probably wouldn't happen until the current TV contract was up, in like eight or nine friggin' years. Don't hold your breath.

lucky49

Reaction score
streaming actually means pissing contests in this case, believe it or not

Popeyejones

Reaction score
kidhawk":1hpaoxjr said:
are looking into streaming possibilities to reach people who don't have traditional televisions and a worldwide audience.

Can't really see how they're "looking into" the later given that they already do that. It's called NFL Game Pass. I moved to Canada for work last year and streamed all the games through the service.

BASF

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1pbonwzq said:
kidhawk":1pbonwzq said:
are looking into streaming possibilities to reach people who don't have traditional televisions and a worldwide audience.

Can't really see how they're "looking into" the later given that they already do that. It's called NFL Game Pass. I moved to Canada for work last year and streamed all the games through the service.

A very good point. I am sure that they are looking into getting around the contract they signed with Directv.

Brithawk

Reaction score
There's already some excellent HD streaming available, maybe not strictly legal but hey ho, works in the UK