Arians: Rex Ryan Blowhard, Part 2

themunn

Reaction score
Somebody should tell him the NFC are the designated road team next year...

drdiags

Reaction score
It's all good. I like Arians if he was my team's coach. As a div rival, maybe not but I like his style. You have to have the mindset established before it becomes reality. Cardinals may not be a concern of many but Arians has established the culture they need to remain a problem for any team facing them in the future.

We will see how things go in the future but the Cardinals are ascending in my mind. Rams will remain a tough play and the 9ers are unclear to me where they go from here. NFC West will be tough for awhile. Long way from the NFC Worst days.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I love it.

Bruce is awesome. He is too honest, but so was Rex Ryan. But players will run through a wall for him.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Ironic that Arian's drive toward a particular result dampens his ability to achieve that result. If there's one thing Western culture tends to get wrong, it's in our tendency to care more about where we want to be going rather than how and why we are getting there. Carroll, on the other hand, makes his program much more about process and his differing philosophy has allowed us to succeed where so many other coaches have not. Arians behaves like he wants to be the coach you root for in a sports movie. Carroll behaves like he wants to be the best teacher he can be.

chevelle03

Reaction score
Can't believe this guy won the coach of the year award. Seriously, 2-5 in their last 7 games. I don't care how many injuries they had. If they finished strong despite the injuries, sure give him the award. But he did nothing more with his team than an average coach would have done. In fact the team that faced Carolina in the wild card round may have been the worst playoff team to ever take the field. This team has a lot of work to do before they can even think of being in the Super Bowl. I'm with the OP, Rex Ryan take 2 and that is not a good thing.

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
There is a very good reason you don't make very bold statements like that.