Do you know anyone who buys NFL jerseys of a player.....

korboko

Reaction score
and isn't a fan of the team. I know some people who bought a Russell Wilson jersey, all because they liked the player but don't like the Seahawks at all. Which is kind of odd.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Not NFL, but Ray Allen is my favorite NBA player and I have his Sonics, Celtics and Heat jerseys. Not a Celtics fan or Heat fan really, but I did root for them when Allen was on there after he was traded from Seattle.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sure.

I used to wear a Ron Cey Dodger t-shirt when I was a kid cause he was a Tacoma guy, so he was one of my favorite players.`

So I assume there are a ton of Wilson fans around the country, especially in Virginia, North Carolina and Wisconsin that don't necessarily like the Hawks, but love Russell.

Tical21

Reaction score
I've probably got around 50 jerseys now, about a dozen o which are Hawks jerseys. I'm a sports fan and football fan first. Deion is my favorite athlete and I've got ten or so different jerseys of his. I've got a Dimaggio jersey. Never thought it was all that weird.

lucky49

Reaction score
i know a niners fan who has tons of different jerseys from the rams, ravens, and others

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I have all 32 teams and then some...although a bunch are from China...I tried to pick players I like as opposed to teams. I only seem to wear my Hawks jerseys....anyone was a Percy Harvin or Tom Brady?

djb28

Reaction score
There is a guy in my town who is a Huge Dolphins fan. But also a big NFL fan. He has more jerseys of other players than he does of his own team. I always found it to be strange. But no one ever questions his "Fandom" lol

Throwdown

Reaction score
I was a diehard Sonics fan, but I own an Amare Stoudemire Suns jersey, and just recently got a Hakeem Olajuwan jersey.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
In my experience people tend to do this more (or used to, when it was in fashion) with throwback jerseys.

For a lot of people jerseys are just about color schemes and which jerseys look cool, rather than the team or player that's represented on them.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Back when they were a bit trendier, people wore jerseys of their favorite NBA players all the time. In the 90s, it wouldn't be uncommon to see guys in any city with a Jordan jersey on. I also remember that people would wear all the different MLB hats because they simply thought they looked cool. You could wear an NY ball-cap without the presumption that you actually liked the team. I'm guessing now that "bandwagon" has become an increasingly used insult, we probably see less of this lately. But honestly, I don't see the issue. Some players transcend the team they play on, e.g. Rice, Deion, Moss, and maybe... Russell Wilson.

Snowprince

Reaction score
I've been collecting jerseys for over 40 years. As a completist I have home and away jerseys of all 32 teams, plus many throwbacks of favorite players from my youth. My Seahawk jerseys are RW home/road and a throwback Jim Zorn home blue.

randomation

Reaction score
I know a lot of people in Wisconsin have Watt and Wilson jerseys and assuming they aren't playing the packers will cheer for the Texans. Though not so much for the Hawks.