The NFL Owner's Manual on What Not to Do

Jville

Reaction score
Article is a month old ...... but portraits an ongoing contrast in ownership.

The coach or QB doesn’t decide the fate of an NFL team; the owner does. John Middlekauff breaks down how Jeffrey Lurie empowered his coach through tough times for the overall health of the team, while 49ers owner Jed York gave us a blueprint on what not to do.

Link to opinion article >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.thesidelineview.com/columns/nfl/nfl-owners-manual-what-not-do[/urltargetblank]

ringless

Reaction score
I would voice my opinion on the 49ers but according to them my team doesnt have 5 rings, so my opinion is worth as much as our rings.

I also discovered that the division is wide open and ripe for the taking because Sea lost their DC and so did AZ. The 49ers are the deepest team in the NFL by far, and that while a lot of people think that the coaching hires are a joke most of us/you will be quite surprised.

I also learned that the Super Bowl loss proves Kaep is superior to Wilson, and that now that he is being trained by Warner Wilson wont even be able to compete. To back this up they point out Wilson record when teams score 28 points or more.... IMO the fact that a team scores 28 points would lead me to believe that it most likely results in a loss but I could be wrong.

The division will most likely go something like this. If the 49ers stay healthy.

SF 12-14 wins
Sea 10-12 wins Pete has shown before in College that after losing his teams will decline
Stl 8-9 wins
AZ 6-8 wins, Bc of Carson Palmer and the Cards are the same ole cards. Zero rings

In summary, I am now convinced that the Yorks have us all fooled. If you dont believe me, just read their boards. It will become clear as day that we are delusional. Anytime any team has had a better record it was a combination of luck, and the 49ers giving it away despite their depth. Jed York is about to show us all in the next two years how its done on becoming a back to back champion. Lets sit back, enjoy the show. And watch the Nostradamus like 49er fans visions come to reality.

raisethe3

Reaction score
ringless":17sucpir said:
I would voice my opinion on the 49ers but according to them my team doesnt have 5 rings, so my opinion is worth as much as our rings.

I also discovered that the division is wide open and ripe for the taking because Sea lost their DC and so did AZ. The 49ers are the deepest team in the NFL by far, and that while a lot of people think that the coaching hires are a joke most of us/you will be quite surprised.

I also learned that the Super Bowl loss proves Kaep is superior to Wilson, and that now that he is being trained by Warner Wilson wont even be able to compete. To back this up they point out Wilson record when teams score 28 points or more.... IMO the fact that a team scores 28 points would lead me to believe that it most likely results in a loss but I could be wrong.

The division will most likely go something like this. If the 49ers stay healthy.

SF 12-14 wins
Sea 10-12 wins Pete has shown before in College that after losing his teams will decline
Stl 8-9 wins
AZ 6-8 wins, Bc of Carson Palmer and the Cards are the same ole cards. Zero rings

In summary, I am now convinced that the Yorks have us all fooled. If you dont believe me, just read their boards. It will become clear as day that we are delusional. Anytime any team has had a better record it was a combination of luck, and the 49ers giving it away despite their depth. Jed York is about to show us all in the next two years how its done on becoming a back to back champion. Lets sit back, enjoy the show. And watch the Nostradamus like 49er fans visions come to reality.

Zitych

I stopped reading at this. You're nuts.

I dare you go and tell everyone who's superior between Wilson and Kaep. Wilson will come out as the winner.

raisethe3

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3hsj64rk said:
raisethe3":3hsj64rk said:

I dare you go and tell everyone who's superior between Wilson and Kaep. Wilson will come out as the winner.

I think you need to go to the Sheldon Cooper school of "how to understand sarcasm". ;)

I realize he was writing himself as a third person. That's what I understood from it. There was no sarcasm. Unless he was quoting this from a SF board, then yes, I am misunderstood.

nanomoz

Reaction score
raisethe3":2r8xzfoj said:
The_Z_Man":2r8xzfoj said:
raisethe3":2r8xzfoj said:

I think you need to go to the Sheldon Cooper school of "how to understand sarcasm". ;)

I realize he was writing himself as a third person. That's what I understood from it. There was no sarcasm. Unless he was quoting this from a SF board, then yes, I am misunderstood.

You really don't understand sarcasm.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
nanomoz":csm2jlcx said:
raisethe3":csm2jlcx said:
The_Z_Man":csm2jlcx said:
raisethe3":csm2jlcx said:

You really don't understand sarcasm.

TBF it took me a second too. Ringless is basically writing a sarcastic response to strawman 49ers fans, but it's confusing because it doesn't have anything to do with the link posted or with any of the posts in the thread.

It's like reading A Modest Proposal if the poor weren't suffering in Irish society; it just kinda doesn't make any sense.

ringless

Reaction score
Yea it was a frustration post on the inability to have a conversation on that board because of the mob mentality. Its impossible as a fan of any other team to go on that board and have a discussion. This board is the safe haven for other fans to come in and have discussions about all topics of football. I was just irritated and had a little sarcastic rant.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
:lol: :lol:

(TBF though, it seems that one site of commonality between most Hawks and 9ers fans right now IS that Jed York sucks)

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2w9tnyef said:
:lol: :lol:

(TBF though, it seems that one site of commonality between most Hawks and 9ers fans right now IS that Jed York sucks)

:D

Not happy with how the whole Harbaugh thing went down, but unlike most fans I haven't gone from "He's great! He hired Harbaugh, returned the team to respectability and got the first NFL stadium built in California in 50 years!!" to " He's just a spoiled little insolent child and a cheapa$$" overnight.

Book has yet to be written but if nothing else he CERTAINLY deserves a healthy amount of scrutiny before we see how this all plays out.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ Yeah. My feelings too. I'm far, far from the ranting for Jed's head camp, although it definitely does exist w/in the 9ers fanbase in a sizable proportion.

And also worth saying, as far as Hawks fans or other NFC-W fans go, it certainly didn't escape my notice that for three and a half years Harbaugh was everything that was wrong and villainous and pathetic and annoying about the 49ers, and then literally within 24 hours of him leaving he became St. Harbaugh and York and Baalke stepped in as everything that is wrong and villainous and pathetic and annoying about the 9ers.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2kjqjf60 said:
^^^^ Yeah. My feelings too. I'm far, far from the ranting for Jed's head camp, although it definitely does exist w/in the 9ers fanbase in a sizable proportion.

And also worth saying, as far as Hawks fans or other NFC-W fans go, it certainly didn't escape my notice that for three and a half years Harbaugh was everything that was wrong and villainous and pathetic and annoying about the 49ers, and then literally within 24 hours of him leaving he became St. Harbaugh and York and Baalke stepped in as everything that is wrong and villainous and pathetic and annoying about the 9ers.

I'd put that proportion over 70% right now. LOL.

ABSOLUTELY agree on your second point there.

Just needed somebody new to detest...tho admittedly he's made it pretty easy so far.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
There seem to be many on going battles thru out the league over final roster decisions and control. Battles that seem to feature head coach verses general manager matchups. Owners are often compelled to make a choice. It will continue as a theme going forward. And writers and fans will, undoubtedly, take sides on the subject.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Fans disliked Harbaugh because of his douchey antics, but most of us also acknowledged his coaching ability.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
sc85sis":1msk9281 said:
Fans disliked Harbaugh because of his douchey antics, but most of us also acknowledged his coaching ability.

Yeah, after he was gone. :lol:

When he was the actual coach and before Scot McGloughlan drank himself out of the Hawks job the story here was that Scot gave Harbaugh a completely loaded roster and he wasn't actually a good coach: he was just a screaming buffoon who was a competent enough coach to have success with all the talent that was gifted to him by a Seahawks exec.

Some people of course begrudgingly acknowledged him as a good coach, but the above was definitely the overwhelming narrative on .net until he left.