Report: Ndamukong Suh wants to sign with Seahawks

raisethe3

Reaction score
Free-agent defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh wants to sign with the Seahawks, according to Bleacher Report.

The Seahawks are Suh's number-one choice, per the report. However, it may be difficult for the Seahawks to fit Suh in the budget, considering that quarterback Russell Wilson will soon be offered a huge contract extension. Marshawn Lynch, Bobby Wagner and Russell Okung are among the other prominent Seahawks who are scheduled to reach unrestricted free agency after the 2015 season. Suh, who recorded 8 1/2 sacks and 53 tackles in 2014, is poised to land a big free-agent deal this offseason.

Code:
http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/update/25061316/report-ndamukong-suh-wants-to-sign-with-seahawks

Hate to break it you, but we don't have enough money. Unless, he's willing to take a huge pay cut. Also he has a reputation of being a "dirty player". So no thanks in my opinion.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
If we cut or restructure both Mebane & Miller, let Maxwell walk in FA, and Wilson signs for less than we are expecting I see no reason we could pay Suh 12M a season.

mikeak

Reaction score
Such, Avril, Bennet - you need a CB that is good in short space not on deep ball coverage. So opposite of Simon's strength.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
Wenhawk":h9pxnwnb said:
If we cut or restructure both Mebane & Miller, let Maxwell walk in FA, and Wilson signs for less than we are expecting I see no reason we could pay Suh 12M a season.

Unfortunately, that won't be enough, as the Raiders or Cleveland will undoubtedly make an absurd offer.

On the positive side, he's from Portland and had to live in Detroit for awhile lol. So we have the allure of "home" which is nice.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
huskylawyer":3nxngy7b said:
Wenhawk":3nxngy7b said:

Unfortunately, that won't be enough, as the Raiders or Cleveland will undoubtedly make an absurd offer.

On the positive side, he's from Portland and had to live in Detroit for awhile lol. So we have the allure of "home" which is nice.

We don't really know that. How much would enough be? Oakland or Cleveland probably aren't offering 20 million a year. They have a lot of holes to fill.

Consider:

Browns DL salaries:

Kruger: 8.2m
Bryant: 7m
Taylor: 5.5m
Mingo: 4.8m

They already have a pretty hefty DL spend. And they went 3-4 last year. Suh isn't going to play end there.

Oakland:

Definitely the #1 suitor in terms of need and available cash. But their roster is just grotesque. They literally need about 12 players before they even hit the draft. The have 8 starters on UFA. Severe depth needs. And several players under contract that need to get cut. It's a nightmarish roster right now. They could crater their UFA spend by committing almost half of it just to Suh. But they have more holes than picks by a wide margin. Still, it's the Raiders. No accounting for stupidity.

If we're talking 15 million here or 20 million for Oakland -- I'd have to wonder if that'd be enough. If not -- well we can easily plan B. But ultimately I'm not seeing it as sound football for Oakland to commit that much cap spend on Suh. They do have a ton of players with zero dead money implications. As crazy as it sounds, they could get probably 90 million under the cap if they cut some prior year UFA signings. They must not believe in guaranteed money down there.