Haloti Ngata

Hyak

Reaction score
He's a potential cap casualty in Baltimore. He may be another potential DL add if he hits the market and certainly would come at a less cost than Suh. But he's not the player Suh is at this point.

OP
OP
Hyak

Hyak

Reaction score
Seahawkwalt1967":257b1joz said:
Yes
Wonder how $$
Play him at DT?

Don't know $$$ but I would think if he doesn't stay with Baltimore, he goes to a legit contender. He's a DT in our scheme.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Ngata would be freaking huge. I think Suh is a better fit ,but he's going to want more money.

Ngata has already gotten paid a lot. He could be more amenable to a better contract for the team.

Few problems with this: Ngata already has a ring. Would he take a big discount to come to a team just for another ? I could see team atmosphere, facilities, and Pete's style being influential here.

Ngata is older now. He used to be insane against both run and pass and got great pocket push and penetration, depending on what he wanted to do. Does he still get that same penetration ?

Problem is, if he doesn't, then he's really not too much better against the run than Mebane. Is he going to come cheaper than Mebane will ? I'm not so sure, there's a lot of teams out there willing to pay him, and have a ton of cap space to do so.

So yea, I'd love to see Ngata. But I'd like Suh more, even if it's more unrealistic.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Depends on the money, but putting him in a rotation would be the best for him and for us. I'd love some more beef in the middle of the DL

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2yzeepvh said:
Depends on the money, but putting him in a rotation would be the best for him and for us. I'd love some more beef in the middle of the DL

Yep, it's appealing for some guys. Kevin Williams took less money to be part of a rotation here rather than having a bigger role with the Patriots. Of course, he ended up playing much more than anticipated and was kind of a bargain in that respect.

Marvin49

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3f5z1k6l said:
I won't be happy unless we get suh and ngata. I'm pretty sure we would be illegal.

As a Niner fan...please...no.... :D

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Is Ngata even a schematic fit here? He seems like he'd fit a 3-4 much better than our scheme.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3578jtx0 said:
Is Ngata even a schematic fit here? He seems like he'd fit a 3-4 much better than our scheme.

The Seahawks play a 4-3 scheme, but use 3-4 personnel size-wise. I think he'd fit in fine, but his best days are behind him. Ngata is what I would consider a Ruskell move and not something John Schneider would do.

themunn

Reaction score
rideaducati":2p64lm9r said:
Hasselbeck":2p64lm9r said:

The Seahawks play a 4-3 scheme, but use 3-4 personnel size-wise. I think he'd fit in fine, but his best days are behind him. Ngata is what I would consider a Ruskell move and not something John Schneider would do.

He's only 31, a whole 1 year older than Mebane but without the hamstring injury that could signal the beginning of the end of his career. Ngata is only owed 8.5m this year too (compared to 5.7m for Mebane), but the Ravens have a 16m cap hit due to signing bonus and a 2012 option bonus (which we wouldn't have to take on). We could easily absorb a 3-4 year deal that pays less than what he's owed now, but with nowhere near the cap hit, albeit it would likely mean cutting one of my favourite players in Mebane (or restructuring).