Tight End idea

jackflash50

Reaction score
Might be a crazy idea but what about trying to trade with the Bears for Bennett? Julius Thomas will get too much. Cameron is an injury concern. Gresham is talented but seems to be an underachiever thus far in his career.
Bennett has 2 years left on his deal. Figure Zach Miller will be cut. Wilson will be here and McCoy is hurt every season.
Question would be what would the Bears want for him?

2_0_6

Reaction score
Question is why would the Bears want to let him go? I would love him here, but I really think they hold onto him for atleast another year.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Zach Miller won't be cut. You won't be able to find a more consistent TE for $3 million. His reliable hands/route running/blocking make Russell Wilson a better player. His return will make this whole offense more efficient.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
hawknation2015":xiuaibpy said:
Zach Miller won't be cut. You won't be able to find a more consistent TE for $3 million. His reliable hands/route running/blocking make Russell Wilson a better player. His return will make this whole offense more efficient.

More Consistently Hurt TE.......

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Julius Thomas would be a decided step down.

He doesn't block with a damn.

And he'll want way too much money.

kf3339

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1zq4h5xn said:
hawknation2015":1zq4h5xn said:

Not sure where you came up with that "Consistently Hurt" statement, but its only been this last season that he has missed any playing time. Before then he has been very healthy and a major key in our run blocking game. He will be back and better than ever. You will see.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1wj58xlv said:
hawknation2015":1wj58xlv said:

Before his ankle injury last season, Miller had played in 116 of 121 games in his career (regular season and playoffs).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bears are getting a fantastic deal right now on Bennett, two more years at 5M for 90 catches and 6 TD's? Ain't happening.

A more realistic TE would be Gresham, inconsistent run blocker, but has the size, speed and athleticism to get coached up to become a very good TE in our offense...........and you could get him for a good price I think.

OP
OP
J

jackflash50

Reaction score
every year I feel Gresh will have a break through year at TE and every year it doesn't happen. So down on that guy

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jackflash50":1pajm0ts said:
every year I feel Gresh will have a break through year at TE and every year it doesn't happen. So down on that guy

Hard to have a break through year when you've got Andy Dalton throwing you the ball.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I like our 3 TE's and think too much is being made out of them.All Pro TE's that can also block are not out there in bunches and the ones that catch all the tds/yrds are in different schemes than ours and do not block save maybe Gronk.We have only so much $ so we have to develope our guys and some will turn into all pros and others not but it all takes time to develop.We have more issues than TE's from what I see.

Hendo66

Reaction score
Gresham is as slow or slower than Miller and not a great blocker. Pass. On the other hand, I wanted Bennett before last season. He would be huge in this O.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hendo66":2udbu3aa said:
Gresham is as slow or slower than Miller and not a great blocker. Pass. On the other hand, I wanted Bennett before last season. He would be huge in this O.

Gresham and Miller have the same 40 time, 4.7.............and Gresham is probably even faster now than Miller cause he's three years younger and isn't coming off a major injury.

I love what Miller brings to this team, but I'm scared to death of not only his salary, but his health. A 29 year old TE that has been road grating and run blocking his entire career can't have much tire left on his tread.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ajl59j2 said:
Hendo66":1ajl59j2 said:

Gresham and Miller have the same 40 time, 4.7.............and Gresham is probably even faster now than Miller cause he's three years younger and isn't coming off a major injury.

I love what Miller brings to this team, but I'm scared to death of not only his salary, but his health. A 29 year old TE that has been road grating and run blocking his entire career can't have much tire left on his tread.
Miller has had a year to heal and condition himself.I'll be pissed if he isn't ready to play with an extra bounce in his step.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1k1e1304 said:
Sgt. Largent":1k1e1304 said:
Hendo66":1k1e1304 said:

Miller has had a year to heal and condition himself.I'll be pissed if he isn't ready to play with an extra bounce in his step.

Everyone hopes this, but will he be healthy and dependable for 13-16 games and a playoff run? Cause that's a risky move not upgrading the TE position with a younger healthier #1.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
gowazzu02":7mrhgzlm said:
hawknation2015":7mrhgzlm said:

I wish people would actually look stuff up before they post garbage. How exactly does missing the majority of 1 season make him consistently hurt?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":34pspo9b said:
IndyHawk":34pspo9b said:
Sgt. Largent":34pspo9b said:
Hendo66":34pspo9b said:

Everyone hopes this, but will he be healthy and dependable for 13-16 games and a playoff run? Cause that's a risky move not upgrading the TE position with a younger healthier #1.
Yes I understand but Coop and Willson will be a year more experienced and more ready than ever to back him up.I don't really see the big risk.