Should we sign Jordan Cameron?

kidhawk

Reaction score
I mentioned his name as a possibility in the TE thread in this same forum. I don't know what John and Pete are thinking, but if they want to go outside of who we already have, then that name seems to fit what we might want at a price we can afford. Honestly though I have no problem going forward with the Tight Ends we have on the roster now.

kidhawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1g50fuxe said:
no just no

Like I said, I'm happy with who we have around now. We have more pressing needs (see Oline and WR) on offense, but since we tried to get him when we were offering up Harvin, I could see them going that direction in free agency. Of course, we were hurting at Tight end this year, so it's possible they were just wanting someone to fill out the season in a basic tryout for next year and didn't have him as a long term prospect. Hard to ever know exactly what Pete and John have going on when it comes to personnel decisions

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I really hope we don't. I think Luke Willson is Jordan Cameron without the head injuries. And hes a lot cheaper.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":3700k98u said:
IndyHawk":3700k98u said:
no just no

Like I said, I'm happy with who we have around now. We have more pressing needs (see Oline and WR) on offense, but since we tried to get him when we were offering up Harvin, I could see them going that direction in free agency. Of course, we were hurting at Tight end this year, so it's possible they were just wanting someone to fill out the season in a basic tryout for next year and didn't have him as a long term prospect. Hard to ever know exactly what Pete and John have going on when it comes to personnel decisions
Yeah I get what your saying ..I just don't see the $ in it unless he takes a 1 yr prove it deal and we cut Miller..I don't want Miller cut.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Jordan Cameron had 917 yards and seven touchdowns in 2013 -- while competing for targets with Josh Gordon with a combination of Jason Campbell and Brandon Weeden at quarterback.

I think he's better than people realize.

knownone

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":284hwhgw said:
Jordan Cameron had 917 yards and seven touchdowns in 2013 -- while competing for targets with Josh Gordon with a combination of Jason Campbell and Brandon Weeden at quarterback.

Yep. Talent wise he's top 5 maybe even top 3 at TE. If the dude can stay healthy he's a steal at anything under 5m a year.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I met Jordan Cameron after a practice of the E-W Shrine Bowl in Orlando before he was drafted. He was a pretty cool guy. Let my youngest boy hold his USC helmet. He stopped and took the time to chat with us for awhile and give some attention to my kid. Anyway, I remember the conversation and we talked about Pete Carroll.

Going into the draft that year, I think there was some question about him as he had some injury issues or lack of playing time in college. But, his comment to me was, "I'm still here." I think I said something like, "Yes you are. Way to persevere." He had a pretty good game that weekend.

It would be pretty cool to see him get a chance to play for PC again (this time) with the Hawks. I'm sure they'll do their due diligence in terms of his health. If he can get signed at a relative bargain because of this (as speculated), might prove to be a great signing.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1m9a5c1a said:

And this year with no Josh Gordon and more stability at QB for most of the season with Brian Hoyer.. his numbers plummeted again. Not to mention he missed 6 games thanks to a concussion.

I'm sorry.. but I don't think he's worth the risk, nor do I think he's noticeably better than the 3 TE's already on the roster.

Tical21

Reaction score
We don't use the TE enough to justify spending any money on one.

sc85sis

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":hqow2xxq said:
I met Jordan Cameron after a practice of the E-W Shrine Bowl in Orlando before he was drafted. He was a pretty cool guy. Let my youngest boy hold his USC helmet. He stopped and took the time to chat with us for awhile and give some attention to my kid. Anyway, I remember the conversation and we talked about Pete Carroll.

Going into the draft that year, I think there was some question about him as he had some injury issues or lack of playing time in college. But, his comment to me was, "I'm still here." I think I said something like, "Yes you are. Way to persevere." He had a pretty good game that weekend.

It would be pretty cool to see him get a chance to play for PC again (this time) with the Hawks. I'm sure they'll do their due diligence in terms of his health. If he can get signed at a relative bargain because of this (as speculated), might prove to be a great signing.
Good article on Jordan's journey to the NFL here: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... _life.html

OP
OP
S

ShermanIsland

Reaction score
Something to consider about Cameron though, he had his big year in Chud's offense, which gives often gives TE's huge numbers.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Throwdown":23fqf7mz said:
Everyones better than Luke Willson, lets be real here.

Willson would be putting up the same numbers in Cleveland that Cameron did.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":312207aa said:
Throwdown":312207aa said:
Everyones better than Luke Willson, lets be real here.

Willson would be putting up the same numbers in Cleveland that Cameron did.

Can we stop doing this opinion as fact thing without providing more than just the opinion. What makes you believe that, Hass?