So WHEN does the NFL make a decision on "Balls-Gate"?

Marlin Man

Reaction score
Or is the commish sweeping it under the table for his buddy Croft????? Anyone heard ANYTHING?

SuperFreak

Reaction score
I think you mean Kraft. I'm holding my breath until they vactate their wins and we are back to back Super Bowl champions :sarcasm_off:

drdiags

Reaction score
There is no need for the NFL to do anything before the draft, if they are thinking loss of picks is warranted. They could wait as long as it takes. Other than it being a juicy story not sure what the time frame has to do with anything.

Maybe you think the NFL is hoping this dies a quiet death and they can sweep it under the rug? The only thing a delay in giving a judgement does is leave a cloud over the NFL and the Patriots and I doubt it will amount to much, but until it is decided you are stuck waiting for a big hammer. Just don't be surprised if it ends in a muted thud.

kf3339

Reaction score
drdiags":3itfif8w said:
There is no need for the NFL to do anything before the draft, if they are thinking loss of picks is warranted. They could wait as long as it takes. Other than it being a juicy story not sure what the time frame has to do with anything.

Maybe you think the NFL is hoping this dies a quiet death and they can sweep it under the rug? The only thing a delay in giving a judgement does is leave a cloud over the NFL and the Patriots and I doubt it will amount to much, but until it is decided you are stuck waiting for a big hammer. Just don't be surprised if it ends in a muted thud.

I have to agree on this. The fact that they picked an attorney firm to investigate tells me they are going to try and downplay any penalty that comes out of this cheating situation. Add in the conflict of interest between the Commish and Kraft and you can easily see this going away.

It doesn't make it right, but whoever said anything the NFL front office does is the right call?

chris98251

Reaction score
The NFL does not want to deflate the Super Bowl winners accomplishments so it will become a non issue.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":2bup5drz said:
The NFL does not want to deflate the Super Bowl winners accomplishments so it will become a non issue.
BINGO! They owe Darrell Bevell another favor.

It's too bad that an Little League enforces punishment for cheating (see JRW/Chicago getting its US title taken away) but the Pats because they are current champs and the owner is "friendly" with the commish are going to get off with a nominal fine and a dirty look from Rog (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

Brahn

Reaction score
chris98251":2dchpvbg said:

Even more so than that. You think the NFL will come out and label the current champions as cheaters? Do you know the shit storm that would bring? Knowing they cheated and still got to play in the SB and then won it, if found guilty.

Deflate gate will fade away and nothing will come of it. The NFL has to much to risk even handing down a pick penalty as that would constitute Patriots guilt and thus the previous situation playing out.

At the most they will be fined for "Faulty Procedures" that way it seems like it was just an "accident", by an misinformed individual.

Nothing more to see here.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Brahn":jnr7tm88 said:
chris98251":jnr7tm88 said:

Even more so than that. You think the NFL will come out and label the current champions as cheaters? Do you know the shit storm that would bring? Knowing they cheated and still got to play in the SB and then won it, if found guilty.

Deflate gate will fade away and nothing will come of it. The NFL has to much to risk even handing down a pick penalty as that would constitute Patriots guilt and thus the previous situation playing out.

At the most they will be fined for "Faulty Procedures" that way it seems like it was just an "accident", by an misinformed individual.

Nothing more to see here.

This^