Henry Melton now a free agent

Hyak

Reaction score
Didn't he come close to signing here last season? I could see some interest in him as a pass rushing DT option.

Tempest_Crow

Reaction score
If he did, I think it would have to be at a heck of a discount. According to the article I read he really under produced last year. Maybe a new scheme would help.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yeah we were the runner up to the Cowboys. He would be a good signing if we could get him at a good deal. He's not the player he was before his ACL injury, but they do say it takes a full year to recover from those so maybe he still could improve. At full strength he's one of the best DTs in football.

kf3339

Reaction score
If Suh is really not in play from PC and JS's standpoint I could see this as well. But the price would have to be very team friendly. We don't need another injured DT taking up more cap space.

Chawks1

Reaction score
For less than the money it would cost to chase Suh we could go get Melton AND Nick Fairley. Don't need to resign Mebane and we still get very strong at DT. They could both rotate in with Jordan Hill, Cassius Marsh and Bennett. Keep everyone fresher and bring pressure up the middle the entire game. This I would love!

OrFan

Reaction score
JTB":7rb22dfm said:
Didn't he come close to signing here last season? I could see some interest in him as a pass rushing DT option.

Wasn't that when he was just getting over having legal problems yet again? When he was being called Meltdown?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
When I looked at all his games with Chicago last year, the benefit he got from playing next to Peppers was clear. Last year in Dallas, Melton was the best pass rusher they had, and now that he was the guy getting the doubles, it wasn't so easy.

That said, he got 5 sacks as a 3 tech, which isn't bad. Melton would be a fine get at the right price. But seeing as we have Bennett and Hill, I doubt we see this.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I was pretty disappointed that he chose Dallas over us. That said, maybe it wasn't such a bad thing that they had to pay while he still basically recovered. I think he's a great fit for our DL

QuahHawk

Reaction score
He would be a great pickup to replace Kevin Williams. If he would accept around 6 million I would be happy.

pehawk

Reaction score
Melton strikes me as a dude that's about money exclusively. I prefer my big dudes love ball.

Simple as that.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Melton is from the Dallas area and went to UT so it probably had to do more with where the dude is from than us vs them.. now that Dallas sent him packing, maybe he comes back.. this time the paycheck won't be nearly as good either.