HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! (Rams All In on Bradford...Again)

Playmaker21

Reaction score
The definition of insanity is when something doesn't work right, you keep doing it the same way. Not since Tina Turner (who ironically is from St.Louis) has someone that has been abused by the same person kept coming back for more. During the introductory press conference for their new Offensive Coordinator, Jeff Fisher said Sam Bradford would be back with the team. And further more they are not planning on bringing in competition for Bradford. Which is a stark contrast of what GM Les Snead said a month ago.

When week 1 of the 2015 season rolls around, it will have been 100 calender weeks, or nearly 700 calender days, since the last time Sam Bradford took a snap in a regular season NFL game. His last game was the middle of October 2013 when he tore his ACL in Carolina. Then last year he tore the same ACL in Cleveland in the third week of the preseason. The same Sam Bradford who has played two full seasons (2010, 2012) in his past 6 seasons going back to his last year at Oklahoma in 2009. The same Sam Bradford who has missed 25 NFL games. The same Sam Bradford who has missed 29 of his last 52 games. The same Sam Bradford who is a woeful 18-30-1 as a starter. The same Sam Bradford who has totaled over $70 million dollars for those dreadful stats

The St.Louis Rams are on the same level of disgrace as the 1990's and 2000's Kansas City Royals, 1990's and 2000's LA Clippers, and the NY Islanders of the past 25 years. The Rams have passed even the Browns and Raiders on the inept list in the NFL. I am surprised Los Angeles is trying to get this dog faced organization. Problems like the Rams have don't go away with a new address. It starts with an owner who is just collecting money from revenue sharing and tv deals from the league. He has a terrible front office. Outside of the Head Coach, who is vastly over paid, his coaching staff is among the lowest paid in the NFL. They are not very good at talent evaluation. As mediocre as they've been drafting, their free agent signings have been laughable (Jake Long, Jared Cook, Scott Wells, Cortland Finnegan have signed contracts equaling over $120 million total and have produced nothing in return).

Rat

Reaction score
Not ideal, but what better options are out there for them? They're not getting Winston or Mariotta from their position, and keeping Bradford around doesn't preclude them from exploring other options.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maybe they can make that trade to Washington for Cousins or RG III.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Yeah and the worst part is that they're stuck with the same inept and mediocre coaching staff as always.

Moving to LA would actually be good for the Rams. They could fire the coaching staff and totally rebuild, and they're still going to sell more tickets than being stuck in a baseball town that has never really cared about the two NFL teams it lost.

LA was passionate about football, so moving a team back would be great for the NFL. I don't even understand why the NFL would try to block that move and an pretty sure the owners will back it once it goes to vote. If Kroenke builds that stadium in Inglewood, consider it done.

Bradford will get his one last shot. Kroenke probably supports that move because nobody will show up to the games and he can pull a Behring on st Louis.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
As long as bradford is the rams plan at QB we dont have to worry about the Rams in the division :D

IndyHawk

Reaction score
HansGruber said:
LA was passionate about football, so moving a team back would be great for the NFL. I don't even understand why the NFL would try to block that move.
When the Chargers,Raiders and Rams moved from LA they were not getting the fan support that you assume they would have being in a large city ,otherwise why do you think they moved and LA has not had a team in how many years?
It's a baseball and basketball city first.A big new stadium is going to fix all that?As soon as the new thing wears off and that team is not winning big,we will see the fair weather fans that was there before.Passionate??LA??really??

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HansGruber":zwban15q said:
LA was passionate about football, so moving a team back would be great for the NFL. I don't even understand why the NFL would try to block that move and an pretty sure the owners will back it once it goes to vote. If Kroenke builds that stadium in Inglewood, consider it done.

lolwut. LA has never been passionate about football. LA is an awful sports town.. they only support the teams who are winning.

If they were "passionate" about football they'd have never lost 1 NFL team.. much less TWO of them (won't count the LA Chargers in 1960).

chris98251

Reaction score
Well it wasn't as much of lack of support as it was they had no current place to play and L.A. wasn't going to build a new stadium, the Coliseum isn't a NFL venue and Georgia Frontiere used that to leverage a grab to go to St Louis, Carroll Rosenbloom would have never left, then Georgia promptly made sure none of Carrolls Kids had any chance of having a chance to inherit the team with some legal maneuvering.

The women was evil, there were reports that she was instrumental in Carrolls death that I believe.

So L.A. has a bad taste in their mouth, that and the Raiders using L.A. as a leverage city to get their deal in Oakland and coming and going.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Inglewood City Council meetings on Feb 24th and March 3rd. Due to the large number of signatures collected, they may possibly approve the measure and thus skip the public vote in June. If so, my understanding is that construction of the stadium can move forward.

Bernie, one of the STL Dispatch writers, has put forth a theory that Kroenke will sell the Rams to a STL group who will keep them in STL in the Riverfront stadium and then buy the Raiders from Davis and move them to LA. HIs other theory is Rams to LA and Davis then moves the Raiders to STL.

It's the Telenova season.

RedAlice

Reaction score
As to keeping B: I'm quite sad about this as a straight announcement as I believed Fisher when he said there would be a QB to compete with B for the QB1 role. Seems that has changed now, and the other person will just be for options.

Would be great if B could just prove me wrong come September.

BIGNORMANHAND

Reaction score
Jeff Fisher is a chess player. He's up to something.

He's also from SoCal and played at USC. I bet he'd be really bummed
if the Rams moved back. :mrgreen:

I don't agree that LA is a bad sports town. I think LA got jacked
by the NFL. I remember as a kid, plenty of SoCal folks bein' crazy
rabid Rams fans. Even (and maybe especially) when they were
in Anaheim. What I do know, is everytime the NFL lets an owner
move from a city, they blame it on the city. It's how they roll.
Since the OP brought "abuse" into the conversation, I'll just
say the NFL has a way of abusing cities, and blaming
the victims. It's called "The Build An Arena Game".

I mean, don't you remember when there was talk of the
Anaheim Seahawks and everyone was saying Seattle isn't a
good sports city? And then the Sonics fiasco, same thing.

I feel sad for St. Louis. A great sports city which deserves
much better than it ever got with the Rams. If the Rams leave and
another team comes in, I hope they can at least rename the team
to something that fits St. Louis in particular. Oh I know, send the
AZ Cards back to St. Lou where they came from*, and then move
the Rams to Phoenix where there really are longhorns. Give LA
its own expansion team and leave the Raiders fans in Oakland
the heck alone. They've been faithful through thick and thin.

Maybe the NFL should just make owners sell if they're not happy.
No more moving teams around. Owner wants out? Fine. But
the team, and the name, stays.

*[The Cards actually originally started in Chicago, didn't they?
I'd have to go look that one up.]

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Actually, I was watching NFL network this PM and one of the "experts" (can't remember which one} had Jameis Winston falling and going to the Rams.......I remember thinking, "Huh?"

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
11011078_10152876223071263_8092481312355308318_n.jpg

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
They don't have a choice.

It is funny though that the Rams tried to strong arm Bradford into restructuring and he called their bluff.

Rams: "Dude, you get hurt like every year, so we need you to restructure this obscene cap hit for us."
Bradford: "Cool, cut me...........who you gonna have play QB, Austin Davis LOL!!!!???"
Rams: Just kidding! Please don't leave us with Davis!"

RedAlice

Reaction score
What sucks is that any Rams fan has to make a position on Bradford at all.

Blows my mind the way he's loved. It's almost 100% STL fans who love him. I find it weird.

And this is a PUBLIC statement that can be read and noted by all in the NFL board universe.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RedAlice":19x8im1g said:
What sucks is that any Rams fan has to make a position on Bradford at all.

Blows my mind the way he's loved. It's almost 100% STL fans who love him. I find it weird.

And this is a PUBLIC statement that can be read and noted by all in the NFL board universe.

I think Rams fans are just holding out hope that he can stay healthy for a year, because when Bradford has been healthy he's a decent QB...........and certainly 5 times better than the dreck Fisher's been putting under center lately.

You know how it is when you're losing, every backup or player hurt is the player that'll catapult you into 1st place. So the love for Bradford from Rams fans is just blind hope in disguise.