Would Antonio Cromartie Be A Good Fit In The LOB?

Would You Like The Seahawks To Pursue Antonio Cromartie In Free Agency?

• Yes

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • No

Votes: 25 69.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Playmaker21

Reaction score
9 year veteran CB Antonio Cromartie has been one of the more consistently good CB's over the past decade. Starting with being a first round pick of the San Diego Chargers in 2006, then stops with the New York Jets and the Arizona Cardinals, Cromartie is coming off three straight Pro Bowl seasons. That is why I would like to see the Seahawks go after him in free agency. At 6'2 210 lbs, Cromartie would give the Seahawks the size opposite of Richard Sherman to keep opposing teams from attacking the 2nd CB like they did this year.

Last offseason Antonio Cromartie was released by the Jets (who were over the cap) and signed a one year, 3.5 million dollar deal with Arizona. He has stated on record he wants to return to New York to reunite with both the Jets and his now former Defensive Coordinator in Arizona now Head Coach with the Jets Todd Bowles. But the Jets are headed toward a youth movement and they are looking at locking up younger players to long term contracts. Where as the Seahawks are a team in "win now" mode. Cromartie could be a cheaper, short term answer at #2 CB than Byron Maxwell until they draft and develop a younger, cheaper, long term answer at that position.

Rat

Reaction score
I'd be more than content with Simon starting in that position next year, but if the front office disagrees, we could do worse than a year of Cromartie. Not rooting for it, but wouldn't complain either.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
I voted yes because he's a good corner who could be a solid addition on the other side of Sherm.

Do I want him or think we need him? not really.

Would I be against it if they did add him? not really.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Seattle prides itself on their ability to play physically. Tackling is not an afterthought.

Cromartie is a decent, expensive cover corner. But he doesn't fit the effort/toughness criteria for us.

I say no.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Isnt Cromartie famed for making "business decisions"?

I'm sure he got out of the way of a Lynch run.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
The guys already has at least 12 children with 8 different girls and its been reported that his current wife has twins on the way. A contract with him would likely come down to child support enforcement and would be littered with garnishes from the various state's.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":ldrd3xn0 said:
Isnt Cromartie famed for making "business decisions"?

I'm sure he got out of the way of a Lynch run.

Look at the video I posted and keep in mind that was a playoff game. He's #31 for the Jets.

purpleneer

Reaction score
Playmaker21":gdlzaqae said:
9 year veteran CB Antonio Cromartie has been one of the more consistently good CB's over the past decade. Starting with being a first round pick of the San Diego Chargers in 2006, then stops with the New York Jets and the Arizona Cardinals, Cromartie is coming off three straight Pro Bowl seasons. That is why I would like to see the Seahawks go after him in free agency. At 6'2 210 lbs, Cromartie would give the Seahawks the size opposite of Richard Sherman to keep opposing teams from attacking the 2nd CB like they did this year.
I wouldn't. Unless you sign Revis, teams are still going to attack away from Sherman. I like the overall development of Simon, if it continues. Another big corner isn't the solution, as the Pats were a bad matchup with their quick, elusive guys. Length, particularly in the arms, is still a positive, but change of direction is key and height still usually sacrifices that. I wish the Hawks had been more flexible after losing Lane, as Sherman (while still not his best matchup) has enough experience that he may have struggled less with Edelman.