The only WRs that demand double coverage available are...

hawksurething

Reaction score
Free agents in order from best to least best are...Dez,D.Thomas,Marshall,Fitz. Maybe maclin if hawks can't land those red zone threats.

The only draft WRs are...Cooper,White,Parker have all around game. Strong is a red zone monster he just a little slow,which won't matter because he attacks the ball like Dez. then lastly Beckham is amazing,but his character is worrisome.

The only good slot WRs to pick up in later rounds are...Dorsett !,Agholor,greene. If they can get Dorsett in the 3rd or 4th wow !

Hawks only weak link we all saw in the Superbowl was WRs can't get open vs good CBs consistently. If we had Dez to FitZ...that would have been a TD or at least incomplete cause they will get to the ball, no matter who sticking them.

This shows how complete Marshall really is ... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=okwJA6mXpHY Smoked Revis island & 0ur legion of Boom ! Holds the record with 21 receptions in 1 freaking game !!! Plus Marshall is the Complete WR. I like him more than megatron due to his blocking,routes,run after the catch,etc...

Dream senerio hawks get Marshall,trade up for parker,grab one of the many good DEs or DTs in the 3rd. Get baluga at RT & shift Britt to LG cause he gets abused by elite DEs,though he was a rookie... His power is not enough yet. Amazing technique though. I can see him being a all pro in 3 years :)

Go Hawks !!!

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Yes your probably right about dorsett,so Agholor will do.

I love Fitz,but Marshall is fast and better(but he character is in question,so Fitz might have to do like you said).

Bailey is a boss,but we need to pick up the good OGs because of injury bug.

Britt is weak vs good pass rushers,where as Buluga is great vs good pass rushers.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... e-tackles/

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawksurething":2s84fqzd said:
Yes your probably right about dorsett,so Agholor will do.

I love Fitz,but Marshall is fast and better(but he character is in question,so Fitz might have to do like you said).

Bailey is a boss,but we need to pick up the good OGs because of injury bug.

Britt is weak vs good pass rushers,where as Buluga is great vs good pass rushers.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... e-tackles/

Why would you move Britt after his rookie season?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Available?

You just named four dudes who are all under contract, two of which are going to get franchise tagged (Dez and Thomas).

DJrmb

Reaction score
We also don't have a 200M salary cap.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ac2qrzn0 said:
Available?

You just named four dudes who are all under contract, two of which are going to get franchise tagged (Dez and Thomas).
Yep as long as Dez doesn't punch his momma in the mouth again he'll be franchised and be pissed about it. There is a reason Dallas hasn't locked up a mega-talent like him before now. Million dollar talent, ten cent head.

A

Anonymous

Why did the thought just pop into my head that I hope teams don't read this?

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":399maezl said:
Sgt. Largent":399maezl said:
Available?

Yep as long as Dez doesn't punch his momma in the mouth again he'll be franchised and be pissed about it. There is a reason Dallas hasn't locked up a mega-talent like him before now. Million dollar talent, ten cent head.

True. I like Marshall better anyways. 6'5 43 inch vertical at 230 pounds willing to take any hit & win every jump ball !

Artizam

Reaction score
Why is there such an obsession with having a pro WR? That's not Pete's style, yet there seems to be this idea that if the Hawks had a threat on the outside, they would be complete. I get the idea, but there's no way it happens, unless it's a veteran receiver looking for a chance at a ring, and willing to do so at a discount. And that typically means they're passed their point at which they demand a double team.

As a Hawks fan, I'm grateful of the past few years, but I wonder what the team will be able to do going forward, now that the cap room is getting tighter. The success is on John's shoulders more than ever, to find the building blocks to fill gaps, such as Lynch (whether it's this year, or next). Personally, I think if Richardson can stay healthy, he'll be a good enough threat on the outside.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Artizam":2hli7zv5 said:
Why is there such an obsession with having a pro WR? That's not Pete's style, yet there seems to be this idea that if the Hawks had a threat on the outside, they would be complete. I get the idea, but there's no way it happens, unless it's a veteran receiver looking for a chance at a ring, and willing to do so at a discount. And that typically means they're passed their point at which they demand a double team.

As a Hawks fan, I'm grateful of the past few years, but I wonder what the team will be able to do going forward, now that the cap room is getting tighter. The success is on John's shoulders more than ever, to find the building blocks to fill gaps, such as Lynch (whether it's this year, or next). Personally, I think if Richardson can stay healthy, he'll be a good enough threat on the outside.

How do you know?
It hasn't been his style only because we haven't been able to get one. We tried with Percy, but that didn't work out, but it's not because it's not our style.

I"m sorry, I just hate to categorize JS and PC as his style his scheme, etc.
The truth I think is JS and PC's style is what ever they have and what ever they can get. It's from these players that they get that ultimately define who and what our team is.

I'm positive though, that yes, they have a particular mind set about what they look for, but, that is not always feasible.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
So many seem to forget that when we had Sydney , hardly anyone stacked the box against us
All we need is the threat , it will give lynch one less defender to crowd the box and sometimes that's all it takes to break off a big run
It could make it easier on the other wrs as they might have to go up against a #3 defender as opposed to a #2 or a #1

redhawk253

Reaction score
Stay far far away from Maclin.. We dont need a small injury prone wr who has benefitted throughout his career from other variables.. playing opposite desean.. and playing in a fast paced high power offense that even reiley cooper has looked good in at times.

redhawk253

Reaction score
hawxfreak":3qwqz5y8 said:
So many seem to forget that when we had Sydney , hardly anyone stacked the box against us
All we need is the threat , it will give lynch one less defender to crowd the box and sometimes that's all it takes to break off a big run
It could make it easier on the other wrs as they might have to go up against a #3 defender as opposed to a #2 or a #1
Sidney didnt scare anyone from stacking the box.. he was never the same after his injuries as he was the one year with favre at the helm. He made some nice plays here and there and was open more than he was thrown to russ rookie year.. but not the dominant type of wr youre giving him credit for like a dez.. demaryius.. or even fitz type guy.

Our biggest issue with the passing game is our lines inability to pass block. It was already posted on espn today.. seahawks line was worst in the league at maintaining line of scrimmage on pass plays.. give wilson some interior o line help with a guy like cam irving so he isnt pressured right off the snap and has a pocket to actually step into that isnt being destroyed at some point of attack and the pass game will actually have time to develop some double move routes n such instead of the lob it up n go get it downfield plays we rely on right now.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Lets just sign tall wr that will win jump balls-T.O and Randy Moss.They will be cheap cap wise and I will end the fears over not having a prima me me wr that some think we need to have. :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
IndyHawk":9jk3mjkk said:
Lets just sign tall wr that will win jump balls-T.O and Randy Moss.They will be cheap cap wise and I will end the fears over not having a prima me me wr that some think we need to have. :th2thumbs:

Yes like Mr. Party me me Gronk who destroyed our coverage, opening up lafell & garbage WRs like edleman.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Gronk is one of a kind,there are no Gronks out there that we can afford..

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
IndyHawk":39v0vf66 said:

Maybe not a TE,but plenty of WRs are better than Gronk...Marshall & V.Jackson will be out there that we can easily afford by cutting miller & keasre. :)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawksurething":3aa9cltk said:
IndyHawk":3aa9cltk said:

Maybe not a TE,but plenty of WRs are better than Gronk...Marshall & V.Jackson will be out there that we can easily afford by cutting miller & keasre. :)

Wat.

1. Both those guys are under contract, and Jackson's in negotiation right now to extend.
2. Cutting Miller and Kearse only saves like 4M tops, both Jackson and Marshall make 10M per year +.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus wrote: it can be done easy...

Lets say the Bears do trade us Marshall... They actually save 3.95m. I dont know where the other guy got 13m from. Marshall saved the Bears as Som6rset said 4m.

Lets also say the Seahawks trade thier 2015 4th and 6th rounder (from Jets).

Lets say the Seahawks also get Marshall to restructure with GUARANTEED MONEY.

Sidebar of Reality- Seahawks lacking WR depth will likely opt to give Kearse a 2nd round tender. Ive seen that number been estimated at 2.5 min to 3.1 max.

So lets say Seahawks give Marshall a 4 yr, 30m w/ 8m signing bonus. Up to 18 m guaranteef.

2m hits on a 4 yr spread.

Year 1: 2 base gtd + 8m sb = 10 m in pocket.

Cap hit = 4m

Note: 4m is about 1m more than the max estimate of the 2nd round tender slotted to keep Kearse.

Marshall @4 > Kearse @ 2.5-3

Yr 2: Doug Baldwin enters the last year of his deal @ 5.6m against the cap. Keep in mind that after the season that money will return to the WR pool.

For Marshall:

1.5 roster/workout bonus + 2.5 gtd base + sb = 6.0 cap hit

2 yr earnings = 14 m

Yr 3: Remember Baldwin comes off the books so Marshall can get a significant boost. 2017 is also the Year where the cap is expected to be 160 m and Seahawks have 100m in free cap which will change ofcourse when Wilson and Wagner plus others sign their extensions.

But what was Baldwin's can now be Marshall's and allocate some of the 5.6 m cap hit to Marshall's purse.

1m roster bonus
+ 1 m workout bonus
+ 4m base salary
+ 1 m performance pay
+ signing bonus
= 9m cap hit

BM can be cut saving 5 m or 7 m( by designating him as a June 1st cut).

Yr 4: Keep in mind this will be Marshall's age 34 season.

1m roster bonus
+1m workout bonus
+ 5 yr base
+2m performance pay
= 11 m

Seahawks can cut Marshall saving 9 m.

Total Earnings In Years:
1- 10 m
2- 14 m
3- 21 m
4- 30 m