Bring in Trent Richardson? (signed with Raiders)

drrew

Reaction score
Not sure what happened to him because he looked very good at Alabama but he doesn't seem to have the quick twitch or suddenness needed to succeed as an NFL running back.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
A highly touted malcontent whose performance on the field doesn't live up to his once promising reputation?

That sounds like road the Seahawks have been down before. I'd be all for it. :lol:

kobebryant

Reaction score
I'd have to say no. All of the Hawks backs are better than him, as are most of the guys that could be drafted, and potentially Demetrius Bronson too.

drdiags

Reaction score
It is the off-season where every guy cut gets a "Bring him in, why not?" post.

Not sure where Trent left his game but after 2 failed attempts at starting his career (and this is assuming the Colts cut him) he will join the likes of Aaron Curry as another top-5 pick that couldn't get it done.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Zero problem with him if signed to a minimum deal if he becomes a FA as a camp body. Gotta fill those 90 spots somehow.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He's a one hi wonder that is not motivated to be the best ..Doesn't put in the work..He was 4th string by seasons end for crying out loud and that speaks for itself..

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Basis4day":1pzb6q5m said:
Zero problem with him if signed to a minimum deal if he becomes a FA as a camp body. Gotta fill those 90 spots somehow.

I would rather get more carries for team players who need to be developed -- specifically, Christine Michael and Demitrius Bronson.

This is one of the reasons I didn't like wasting our time with Terrelle Pryor. His poor mechanics gave him practically no chance to make the team, yet he took reps in the preseason that could have been used to develop B.J. Daniels and others.

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
drrew":l5k4n55r said:
Not sure what happened to him because he looked very good at Alabama but he doesn't seem to have the quick twitch or suddenness needed to succeed as an NFL running back.

Alabama backs are used to running behind zone-blocking O-lines. Ingram & Richardson ended up getting drafted by teams that don't.

Ingram has now had his best career year since Coach Payton switched to the zone for the first time this season, Eddie Lacy has been good from the get go since the Pack also ran that scheme as well.

Richardson is still a good power back. He's a bust due to not being utilized properly and poor work ethic.

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2zr1ngbr said:
Basis4day":2zr1ngbr said:

I would rather get more carries for team players who need to be developed -- specifically, Christine Michael and Demitrius Bronson.

This is one of the reasons I didn't like wasting our time with Terrelle Pryor. His poor mechanics gave him practically no chance to make the team, yet he took reps in the preseason that could have been used to develop B.J. Daniels and others.

Development can only go so far with the limitations of the 53 man roster. Last year they only kept 2 qbs and 4 rb/fb to start the season. But you get 90 to start the preseason. Make fringe players like Bronson and Daniels prove it.

There is always the practice squad, but those players are free to sign with any team if they show promise. And the PS really isn't a development team anyway (Though they can turn out that way).

Again, i'm only interested in Richardson when they only thing it really costs you is a preseason roster spot. There is room on the 90 man roster for anyone with an upside.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
BlackandGolden":12pxp6ur said:
drrew":12pxp6ur said:

Alabama backs are used to running behind zone-blocking O-lines. Ingram & Richardson ended up getting drafted by teams that don't.

Ingram has now had his best career year since Coach Payton switched to the zone for the first time this season, Eddie Lacy has been good from the get go since the Pack also ran that scheme as well.

Richardson is still a good power back. He's a bust due to not being utilized properly and poor work ethic.

Not only that but look at the lineman Alabama had the years Ingram and Richardson played

kearly

Reaction score
Suspending a player because he missed a walkthru to be with his girlfriend as she went into labor? Douche move.

Trying to skip out of paying him $3.1 million in guaranteed money because of said suspension? Now that is some high grade douchebaggery.

This from the same guy who stole executive of the year from JS in 2012 because he drafted Andrew Luck #1 overall. He's Shooter McGavin the GM.