Kaepernick Caves to Twitter Troll

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I don't want to keep picking on the dude, but he makes it so darn easy. This week he's reassuring himself that he's at least better at quarterback than people who aren't quarterbacks.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2369 ... s-on-blast

No, he probably can't do those things, Colin, but he doesn't get paid millions of dollars a year to do them either. Don't feed the troll.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sigh.

My biggest complaint with Kap is that he's simply way too thin skinned. The negative attention on him is just nuts. He needs to be able to just ignore it. He shouldn't have said anything.

That said...I thought it was kinda funny. LOL.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":2e5cnwx4 said:
Sigh.

My biggest complaint with Kap is that he's simply way too thin skinned. The negative attention on him is just nuts. He needs to be able to just ignore it. He shouldn't have said anything.

That's your biggest complaint?

How about the fact that Kaperchoke has a QB rating of 60 in the 4th Quarter the last two years?

I await your inevitable response: "LOL."

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":yl0k5atc said:
Marvin49":yl0k5atc said:
Sigh.

How about the fact that Kaperchoke has a QB rating of 60 in the 4th Quarter the last two years?

Wow. You responded to something I said. I'm shocked. Truly.

Having trolls is fun.

djb28

Reaction score
lol. He wants that guy to break down players responsibility, Because he cant do it.

drdiags

Reaction score
The troll is an idiot, though he did get 500+ new follows. So he now has more tough guys to hang out with. Athletes open themselves to this type of stuff, all in search of branding. I would strongly advise most athletes to stay away from social media and only share with people they know for facebook and instagram.

But that isn't how they want to do things. Still, Kaep should probably stay away from twitter. Wilson as well if he is going to be hanging out getting his freak on.

jkitsune

Reaction score
hawknation2015":zhb8lscd said:
Marvin49":zhb8lscd said:
Sigh.

This is like reverse-trolling. Niners fan can't even comment that he agrees that Kaepernick is way too thin-skinned (or "mentally weak" if you prefer) without getting harassed.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
J. Winston will not be sending out any tweets about 1000 abs.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
I think the truly smart athlete sets up an account, and when they need to tweet something, they have an agent or someone do it, and THEY never even look at the replies.

Marvin49

Reaction score
jkitsune":2zl5ih7y said:
hawknation2015":2zl5ih7y said:
Marvin49":2zl5ih7y said:
Sigh.

This is like reverse-trolling. Niners fan can't even comment that he agrees that Kaepernick is way too thin-skinned (or "mentally weak" if you prefer) without getting harassed.

Thanks. :D

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Now Kaeperdink is retweeting people praising him for putting the 'hater' in his place. :34853_doh:

If he's this sensitive and then skinned on social media, no wonder the LOB always gets in head.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
jkitsune":11rx7gjh said:
hawknation2015":11rx7gjh said:
Marvin49":11rx7gjh said:
Sigh.

Marvin gives it as good as he gets it . . . being on a rival message board, that is something he should expect.

I just cannot comprehend how an off-the-field trait (i.e. ignoring criticism) would be anyone's biggest complaint of Chockernick . . . given his consistently atrocious play in the 4th Quarter.

If Marvin prefers to respond with a glib remark ("LOL.") rather than a substantive response, that is his choice.

kearly

Reaction score
If I was very famous, I would wear sunglasses, a hoodie, and maybe even a fake beard when I go to the local supermarket.

And then I would log on to twitter and all the people I worked so hard to avoid would tell me I suck.

I honestly don't understand why most athletes do the former yet also the latter. Seems incongruent. Twitter just isn't worth it for most athletes.

I like that Kaepernick did this, I don't even care that the troll was "rewarded" for it. It feels good to see some shithead put in his place. But it really is a reminder that twitter isn't the place for athletes, who have to deal with fan frustrations... from some of the dumbest and most unreasonable people in society.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2t6jjvxy said:
jkitsune":2t6jjvxy said:
hawknation2015":2t6jjvxy said:
Marvin49":2t6jjvxy said:
Sigh.

Marvin gives it as good as he gets it . . . being on a rival message board, that is something he should expect.

I just cannot comprehend how an off-the-field trait (i.e. ignoring criticism) would be anyone's biggest complaint of Chockernick . . . given his consistently atrocious play in the 4th Quarter.

If Marvin prefers to respond with a glib remark ("LOL.") rather than a substantive response, that is his choice.

uh....not even close.

...but that's OK. As you said...I'm on a rival board. It's to be expected.

As for my comment about him being thin-skinned, I think it actually has something to do with his play. I think he takes everything SOOOOOO personally that it shows on the field. Its the reason he responded to interviews the way he did.

Dude needs to learn to let go a bit and relax.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":25djkrkt said:
uh....not even close.

As for my comment about him being thin-skinned, I think it actually has something to do with his play. I think he takes everything SOOOOOO personally that it shows on the field. Its the reason he responded to interviews the way he did.

He spends a little too much time doing that already. How long until he goes back to Spring Break?

Colin sexy story b original

The 49er tweeter might be on to something: he just might develop into a better QB if he spent more time working on his reads, mechanics, and accuracy and less time on his daily ab routine.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":gkydrkt6 said:
Marvin49":gkydrkt6 said:
uh....not even close.

He spends a little too much time doing that already. How long until he goes back to Spring Break?

The 49er tweeter might be on to something: he just might develop into a better QB if he spent more time working on his reads, mechanics, and accuracy and less time on his daily ab routine.

...and this is exactly the BS he was responding to.

First off, that picture is from the offseason BEFORE 2012.

Second, in the very post the guy was responding to Kap said that he spent 2 hours in the film room...and it was a recovery day. He's in Arizona working with Kurt Warner for a reason.

Honestly, Kap gets SOOOOOOOOOOOO many negative tweets that he simply ignores. He should have done the same here, but I really can't blame him all that much for snapping back at one of them.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":11hymajg said:
hawknation2015":11hymajg said:
Marvin49":11hymajg said:
uh....not even close.

...and this is exactly the BS he was responding to.

First off, that picture is from the offseason BEFORE 2012.

Second, in the very post the guy was responding to Kap said that he spent 2 hours in the film room...and it was a recovery day. He's in Arizona working with Kurt Warner for a reason.

Honestly, Kap gets SOOOOOOOOOOOO many negative tweets that he simply ignores. He should have done the same here, but I really can't blame him all that much for snapping back at one of them.

He went to Spring Break in 2013 and 2014 as well.

That's not going to improve his 4th Quarter QB rating. And if he doesn't improve, the frustrations of 49er fans toward him will only grow louder.