Are the Patriots Still Cheaters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gixx0r

Reaction score
I didn't see anywhere a mention of the latest news regarding the whole "deflategate" topic so I wanted to get some thoughts with my very first post.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...-room-attendant-kicking-game-ball-source-says
The unapproved kicking ball that sources told "Outside the Lines" that a Gillette Stadium officials' locker room attendant tried to introduce into the AFC Championship Game was handed to the man by an NFL employee, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Wednesday.

The source said one of the "K balls," which are used only for special-teams play, went missing, and an NFL employee in charge of collecting balls for charity gave another ball to Jim McNally, who works the officials' locker room at Patriots games.

From all the latest accounts, it sounds like the Patriots were clean in this instance. I'm not denying that they cheated in the past with the filming incident, but there were plenty of comments on this board about how the NFL was going to sweep things under the rug and how Brady and Belicheck are turds to put it nicely.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Why not wait until the official report comes out because we all know the topic will be rehashed then. Speculating every 2 weeks until then gets old fast.

OP
OP
G

gixx0r

Reaction score
True, but I just found it interesting that everybody started slamming the Patriots before anything was conclusive. Now that there's news going against that thought, things are quiet even though it's the top headline on ESPN.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Most of us said from day one that they'd throw some ball boy flunkie under the bus and plead ignorance.........and this story confirms that.

breakin

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3kfiwm1a said:
Most of us said from day one that they'd throw some ball boy flunkie under the bus and plead ignorance.........and this story confirms that.

No, but alteast in this post you confirmed the common theme that people just want to believe the Pats are guilty. The report in linked in the OP talks about how the Pats ballboy was handed a ball by a league official and he brought it to another league official who was the one who rejected it.

You want to believe that this is an instance of the Pats making a random ball boy take the fall, when really the report is about that random ballboy was put in a position by a league official and had nothing to do with the whole overblown situation that followed.

TAB420

Reaction score
Don't you mean, are the Pats still cheaters again? Remember they've been caught cheating before.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
I was convinced they were caught cheating (again) when Brady lied so blatanly. It was insulting. I had no problem with the Patriot organization until that interview. But now how could anyone not believe they cheated? What the NFL can prove has no bearing on my opinion, I know Brady was covering up. Cheating compromises the game and I love this game! Pete Rose should be inducted into the baseball HOF before Brady and Hoody should be allowed to continue in the NFL.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Frankly if anything comes of this I'd be really surprised.

The very casual way it has been investigated shows a suspicious bias in favour of the Patriots when the fairness of the game was in balance. Any reasonable person will suspect for ever that the Pats have been doing this to the satisfaction of Brady for quite some time and only now have been caught.

Also the optics of Goddell visiting with Robert Kraft at parties and their "personal connection" leads to some legitimate apprehension of bias.

Any right thinking person after finding out that all but one football out of 12 Patriots footballs were deflated by close to the same amount below the required PSI would apply Okkams Razor and believe the balls were intentionally deflated after they passed through referee inspection at the correct PSI.

mrblitz

Reaction score
'tuck rule' playoff game was bs too.

belichik is great though.

kearly

Reaction score
One of the things I like about Brady is that he isn't a very talented liar, which probably means that deep down he's probably an alright guy since lying is not something he's well practiced in. Bill on the other hand, is the master. Right up until the science experiment stuff I actually wanted to believe his innocence.

Ultimately, it matters very little to me that the Pats cheated. This level of cheating happens all the time in baseball, and probably happens to a lesser extent in the NFL. What bothers me far more about deflate-gate was how it turned otherwise likable Patriots fans into chest thumping douchebags. For the last couple months, they might as well have been the Jersey Patriots. Very easy to hate.

But hate is good. It will make the next Patriots matchup extra fun.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
breakin":1oubtr2v said:
Sgt. Largent":1oubtr2v said:

No, but alteast in this post you confirmed the common theme that people just want to believe the Pats are guilty. The report in linked in the OP talks about how the Pats ballboy was handed a ball by a league official and he brought it to another league official who was the one who rejected it.

You want to believe that this is an instance of the Pats making a random ball boy take the fall, when really the report is about that random ballboy was put in a position by a league official and had nothing to do with the whole overblown situation that followed.

As I tell my kids, your past actions are a good predictor of future behavior.

The Pats have a long history now under Belicheat of pushing the envelope when it comes to the rules, on and off the field. Getting caught is inconsequential to me, the pattern of behavior and investigations is enough for me to know something stinks, and has stunk for a long time.

The Patriot's fans act like Mario Balotelli (Why always me?)....or in this case "why is everyone always hating on us?"

The answer is simple, there are a lot of good NFL teams over the decades that haven't come under this much scrutiny and "hate" for a reason, because those franchises haven't been continually investigated and spanked by the league.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
gixx0r":2u1qq142 said:
I didn't see anywhere a mention of the latest news regarding the whole "deflategate" topic so I wanted to get some thoughts with my very first post.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...-room-attendant-kicking-game-ball-source-says
The unapproved kicking ball that sources told "Outside the Lines" that a Gillette Stadium officials' locker room attendant tried to introduce into the AFC Championship Game was handed to the man by an NFL employee, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Wednesday.

The source said one of the "K balls," which are used only for special-teams play, went missing, and an NFL employee in charge of collecting balls for charity gave another ball to Jim McNally, who works the officials' locker room at Patriots games.

From all the latest accounts, it sounds like the Patriots were clean in this instance. I'm not denying that they cheated in the past with the filming incident, but there were plenty of comments on this board about how the NFL was going to sweep things under the rug and how Brady and Belicheck are turds to put it nicely.

Well, the irony is that this probably hurt the Seahawks more than the Patriots, because I guarantee this caused the Patriots to have tighter focus preparing for the Super Bowl. That's exactly what these negative things tend to do during the two weeks for some reason- they force out all the outside stuff that routinely distracts teams before the big game.

NWPatsFan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":qfspz9iy said:
The answer is simple, there are a lot of good NFL teams over the decades that haven't come under this much scrutiny and "hate" for a reason, because those franchises haven't been continually investigated and spanked by the league.

There has never been a team as great as the Brady led Patriots, so therefore there can not be any comparisons made. There are a lot of jealous haters out there. The Seahawks fans are just the newest of all of the jealous haters, get in line.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
NWPatsFan":2sdd7yp2 said:
Sgt. Largent":2sdd7yp2 said:

There has never been a team as great as the Brady led Patriots, so therefore there can not be any comparisons made. There are a lot of jealous haters out there. The Seahawks fans are just the newest of all of the jealous haters, get in line.

Wooh. Posts like this create responses that get threads put in the shack. That is bold to post this ish on a Seahawks board. Nobody here is jealous of The Grinch and the NFL Poster Boy. Your team barely beat a injury riddled team with a WR core of all undrafted players. Your post reveals you as a troll. Have fun under your bridge.

NWPatsFan

Reaction score
Clayfighter":1o7a6qxl said:
Wooh. Posts like this create responses that get threads put in the shack. That is bold to post this ish on a Seahawks board. Nobody here is jealous of The Grinch and the NFL Poster Boy. Your team barely beat a injury riddled team with a WR core of all undrafted players. Your post reveals you as a troll. Have fun under your bridge.

I agree, this is a bogus thread and belongs in the Shack. If this were an objective thread, the OP's original point would have been discussed and looked at with some basic common sense. Instead of talk about tuck rule and constant cheating (they were never penalized for "spying", they misplaced a camera). Unfortunately, due to the recent SB, few Seahawks fans are able to look at this topic objectively. Speaking of the SB, there was nothing injury riddled about the last series of the game except for Hightower, who probably made the unsung play of the game. Football players play through injuries all the time it is part of the game and it is tough when it affects your team but all teams have to deal with it. I personally really enjoy the Seahawks and go to a game every year and would have been OK (well, maybe at least not mad) with the Seahawks pulling out the victory in the end (maybe minus the Kearse circus catch) and I would have been here offering congratulations because it was a great football game and well played on both sides.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
And yet another Pats fan hoping the Seahawks faithful will make him feel better about the Super Bowl.

I just don't get it.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
kearly":2m0ytl37 said:
Ultimately, it matters very little to me that the Pats cheated. This level of cheating happens all the time in baseball, and probably happens to a lesser extent in the NFL. What bothers me far more about deflate-gate was how it turned otherwise likable Patriots fans into chest thumping douchebags. For the last couple months, they might as well have been the Jersey Patriots. Very easy to hate.

Very well said.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
NWPatsFan":2h3pbo8y said:
Sgt. Largent":2h3pbo8y said:

This is why everyone hates you. Pure unadulterated delusional arrogance.

I understand that the NE area went like 100 years without winning anything, but good god man are you people insufferable now.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1nddf5ac said:
Frankly if anything comes of this I'd be really surprised.

The very casual way it has been investigated shows a suspicious bias in favour of the Patriots when the fairness of the game was in balance. Any reasonable person will suspect for ever that the Pats have been doing this to the satisfaction of Brady for quite some time and only now have been caught.

Also the optics of Goddell visiting with Robert Kraft at parties and their "personal connection" leads to some legitimate apprehension of bias.

Any right thinking person after finding out that all but one football out of 12 Patriots footballs were deflated by close to the same amount below the required PSI would apply Okkams Razor and believe the balls were intentionally deflated after they passed through referee inspection at the correct PSI.

The NFL is a business. It is the head of the business to make sure the money flows in, regardless of how. It is up to the other minions to make sure this isn't recognized. Look to your left when bad things are happening on your right.

Just be entertained. It saves ill will.

Status
Not open for further replies.