Browns new logo to be unveiled Feb. 24

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
For fellow uniform enthusiasts, the Browns are going to release their new logo and possibly their tweaked helmet design on February 24th. I can't wait to see what they come out with.

There is a guy with an "inside source" saying that the logo is a Brown block-font C. Let's see if that turns out to be accurate.

Man, I miss the lead up to our uniform unveiling. I love everything having to do with uniform aesthetics. Wish I had some Photoshop image manipulation skills so I could do some mock ups.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
doesnt sound very exciting..mite as well keep their old helmets if thats the best they can do...

jkitsune

Reaction score
I really like the bulldog they've appropriated, and would be a nice shoutout to their fans.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I hope they do something with the bulldog. It is unique for the NFL and the fans love it.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Poop-Emoji.png

Popeyejones

Reaction score
They somehow made the dog even worse. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean, the Browns "Orange Elf" logo from the 50s is probably the worst logo in NFL history, but there were things they could have done to make the dog look good, and they just totally biffed it.

They should have just bought the rights from whoever made this one, which would have been a huge improvment

the-10-best-nfl-logos-redesigned-9.jpg

Greenhell

Reaction score
They had a chance to do something really great for with the change for both their fans and as an organization.The past belongs in the past. It's not like they're holding onto a storied franchise filled with titles and championships. This so-called change reeks of mediocrity. Almost feel bad for their fan base.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I feel like we're being punked by The Onion or something.

Remember how our helmets were all brown before? Check these new ones out!

B ni24xUIAE72wy

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1r8mcxyo said:
They somehow made the dog even worse. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean, the Browns "Orange Elf" logo from the 50s is probably the worst logo in NFL history, but there were things they could have done to make the dog look good, and they just totally biffed it.

They should have just bought the rights from whoever made this one, which would have been a huge improvment

the-10-best-nfl-logos-redesigned-9.jpg

The minimalist lines of the dog are more modern, but it's lost some character. The secondary logo has lines that are sleek and look speedy, but the font doesn't match that at all.

But, man, we disagree on Brownie the Elf. I think he should be the primary. Updated slightly, of course.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ Yeah, I just think sleek and speedy lines on a bulldog logo basically misses the point of having a bulldog logo to begin with.

My major objection is that it just looks cheap. If it was the logo for a local coffee shop (Bulldog Coffee) and it was purchased for $500 from a graphic designer on craigslist I wouldn't object, but for an NFL franchise it's just way below the bar, IMO.

As for the elf, I think it can look good on some throwback stuff, but that's BECAUSE it's so ridiculous.

cleveland-browns-logo-300x300.gif

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Lmfao what a terrible organization. That's a logo change? Hey look at our new logo, the orange is a different orange! Smfh.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
And the orange is WORSE! It is so bright now. Like they are trying to copy the Bengals. Wow, what a waste. Probably paid millions to some design firm to make the orange brighter, too.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Greenhell":3pzqcn9z said:
They had a chance to do something really great for with the change for both their fans and as an organization.The past belongs in the past. It's not like they're holding onto a storied franchise filled with titles and championships. This so-called change reeks of mediocrity. Almost feel bad for their fan base.

Well, actually, they do have a pretty great history from the '50s and '60s that includes multiple NFL championships. But I think if the greatest moments in your history are 50+ years old, you can take a chance and tweak a few things here and there.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Man, I'd have really liked to see them put a big ol' nasty bulldog on the helmet. Really give it some character. Could have changed the franchise. Quite a few times a team has changed and tweaked the uniform and has seen sudden and instant success. Denver Broncos unveiled the new look and won two Super Bowls a short time later. The Bucs, same thing. New look--Super Bowl not too much later. Seahawks, well we've done it twice now. Completely new look, went to the Super Bowl. Tweaked it again and a couple years later we've been to two in a row.

This "new" look for the browns is probably good for a 9-7 season and maybe a wild card slot. A big ol' nasty bulldog might have gotten them a ring.