Peanut Tillman?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
With the LOB in SERIOUSLY bad shape injury wise, Would you guys want to look at Tillman, who recently said he wants to give it a go again and try to win a ring.

We appear to be a great destination for the aging vet trying to get a shot at the prize. You guys think he's this years version of Winfield?

Or do we trust the system that turned a 5th rounder in sherm, a 6th rounder in Maxy, a canadien dude in browner to produce another noname dude?

Cause im terrified of Simon being opposite sherm next year.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Even with Winfield -- who was coming off a truly incredible season -- the Hawks were looking at him as a sitiuational nickle back.

I don't think Peanut has what it takes to be an every down guy playing on the outside anymore.

I don't see the harm in it if he wants a ring enough to sign (and deal with the embarrassment of potentially being cut) for the vet minimum (players do this all the time; e.g. Brandon Lloyd and Randy Moss both recently did it with the 9ers), as there's really no downside beyond slowing the development of younger players (of whom the Hawks don't really have anyone jumping off the page at the position either).

Marvin49

Reaction score
...I could be mistaken, but I seem to remember him tweeting out that he was coming back to the Bears awhile back.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Adam Caplan @caplannfl · 2h 2 hours ago #Panthers announced: Signed CB Charles Tillman to a one-year deal.

Adam Caplan @caplannfl · 37m 37 minutes ago
One year, $3.05 m deal for Tillman. #Buccaneers and #Seahawks also were in the mix to sign him.

sutz

Reaction score
$3 mill is a lot to spend on a possible camp casualty.

kidhawk

Reaction score
sutz":25mltcx4 said:

That really depends on the guarantees. If it's all salary with no guarantees, then they could feasibly cut him with zero loss to the cap. I'd guess there was a signing bonus, but it probably wan't very much of a hit. I'd be shocked if they guaranteed him the entire $3 million

sutz

Reaction score
kidhawk":1z8mot6f said:
sutz":1z8mot6f said:

That really depends on the guarantees. If it's all salary with no guarantees, then they could feasibly cut him with zero loss to the cap. I'd guess there was a signing bonus, but it probably wan't very much of a hit. I'd be shocked if they guaranteed him the entire $3 million
That's true, but it's also important how it fits into the cap, and whether it bumps someone off of the 90 man roster. I'm thinking the 3 mill would go against the 51 roster spots capped during the off season, so he could bump someone.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Aaron Wilson – ‏@RavensInsider
Charles Tillman deal expected to have incentives to boost total value of the deal
1:13 PM - 11 Apr 2015
Aaron Wilson – ‏@RavensInsider
Charles Tillman one-year Panthers deal: $1.75 million, $1M salary, $350K bonus, $15,625 per game active roster bonus, $150,000 workout bonus