Tensions High between AP Agent and Vikings Exec

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25079053/tensions-rise-between-adrian-petersons-agent-vikings-exec-in-indy[/urltargetblank]

According to the sources, Dogra engaged in a heated exchange with Vikings vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski during which the agent made it clear that Peterson would never play there again. The incident took place during a time when outside parties were in the vicinity. Finally, former Tampa Bay general manager Mark Dominik intervened, separating the men and diffusing the escalating tension, sources said.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I'll just come out and say it. If Lynch retires...

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2ojk44dr said:

I love Peterson as a football player, but I wouldn't pay any running back the kind of money he's getting right now. Lynch is our heart and soul, and I think we are really at the top of what a RB should be earning at the current cap.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
kidhawk":39z443cw said:
Hawkfan77":39z443cw said:

I love Peterson as a football player, but I wouldn't pay any running back the kind of money he's getting right now. Lynch is our heart and soul, and I think we are really at the top of what a RB should be earning at the current cap.
I guess I'm making assumptions I probably shouldn't.

I think after everything that happened this past year, AP wants to re-brand himself and wants to win because winning cures everything. I'm assuming he would sign for less than the 15 million or whatever he's set to make. If we could get him for the similar 10 mil that we are offering Lynch

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3sw8d6qu said:
kidhawk":3sw8d6qu said:
Hawkfan77":3sw8d6qu said:

I guess I'm making assumptions I probably shouldn't.

I think after everything that happened this past year, AP wants to re-brand himself and wants to win because winning cures everything. I'm assuming he would sign for less than the 15 million or whatever he's set to make. If we could get him for the similar 10 mil that we are offering Lynch

I rarely expect a guy to take that sharp of a discount unless there is no market for him at his current rate. There are a lot of players I would love to have if they'd come in at a discounted rate, so I just don't try to imagine it until (like Bennett and Avril) it becomes more reality than fantasy.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'd take AP at 10/11 mil per year if he'd come over.

Problem is, I don't see a lot teams paying that much for a RB, so we'd be ok on the market except for one thing: Jerry Jones wants him, AP has said he wants to be a Cowboy, and JJ is the one guy willing to over pay a player to make a media splash.

If Jones hadn't tampered (if what the Jets owner said about Revis was tampering, so was this) with AP, then it might be conceivable.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
7193ca99_gif_kanye_otis_pray.gif

Dallas is probably on top of his list as reports stated, but if he goes to Dallas and Marshawn does retire (which I don't think he will), I also wouldn't mind Murray. Definitely Lynch or AD > Murray though.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Dallas cannot afford wht they got let alone getting "All Day".I can see the Colts trying to get him.The Beast will be back, I'm not worried too much.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hawks46":q6y5r9az said:

Problem is, I don't see a lot teams paying that much for a RB, so we'd be ok on the market except for one thing: Jerry Jones wants him, AP has said he wants to be a Cowboy, and JJ is the one guy willing to over pay a player to make a media splash.

If Jones hadn't tampered (if what the Jets owner said about Revis was tampering, so was this) with AP, then it might be conceivable.

If Dallas was willing to pay that much for a RB though, they would just re-sign Murray. Murray put up AP numbers last year in their Offense.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1wdnc1yu said:
Hawks46":1wdnc1yu said:

If Dallas was willing to pay that much for a RB though, they would just re-sign Murray. Murray put up AP numbers last year in their Offense.
If Murray can put up AP type numbers in that system, imagine what kind of numbers AP would put up