Harvin to New England?

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/570033479804719105[/tweet]

pehawk

Reaction score
No way in hell. This is LaConfra making shit up, I think. The run precision and timing routes. They can get speed from a draft pick, cheap.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If New England has leaked that, they did it to make the Jets keep Harvin.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Would Seattle still get the conditional 4th round pick from the jets if he is traded under a new deal?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":w93hhhk7 said:
Would Seattle still get the conditional 4th round pick from the jets if he is traded under a new deal?
I would think so. But no way are the Jets trading him to NE.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2k556uii said:
Recon_Hawk":2k556uii said:

I would believe they'd trade him to the Browns before NE.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2ivnk42o said:
Scottemojo":2ivnk42o said:
Recon_Hawk":2ivnk42o said:

The only way the jets would trade him to New England was if he had the Plague. Or a really contagious case of Ebola.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":y7zr3ntc said:
OkieHawk":y7zr3ntc said:
The only way the jets would trade him to New England was if he had the Plague. Or a really contagious case of Ebola.

Even then I bet it would bug the crap out of them because they'd believe BB had the cure. In all honesty he may...

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":187za2cx said:
Recon_Hawk":187za2cx said:

I agree. That would be self-destruction.

I'd never consider harvin having any trade value, but if the Jets are considering give a 4th instead of a 6th to keep him under a new deal then I guess it makes sense a team might give up a late rd pick for him. I mean, a 4th rd - 6th round switch has to be worth a 7th rd pick.

Lets hope there's a market for him. Raiders need an offensive weapon and was 4th in passing attempts. Could be a fit. Chiefs and Panthers have needs there. Browns also as mentioned above.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Scottemojo":sdd5roof said:
If New England has leaked that, they did it to make the Jets keep Harvin.
This is more logical than anything. NE playing mind games with a rookie HC and new regime.

Happy

Reaction score
La Canfora = IncarceratedBob?

Wonder if his sources have been having a little fun at his expense.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
It's just rumor-mongering, but I gotta say, it makes a ton of sense for the Patriots and would be a really good move for them (and very much in character for them).

There won't be a trade, but I don't think anyone is paying Percy 11 million next year, meaning that if he wants off the Jets he can just wait for them to cut him and go where he wants.

HawkGA

Reaction score
If there's anything to this, wouldn't this be tampering? I know some said it could be NE trying to get the Jets to keep Harvin, but couldn't it also be NE trying to get Harvin to not restructure his deal with the Jets?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^La Confora saying he expects the Pats to be interested in Harvin if he's cut isn't tampering, because the Pats have never publicly said anything about Harvin. It's likely just La Confora rumor mongering anyway.

A

Anonymous

I have always wondered why anyone, in this economy, would think it wise to "leak" something to the press and not expect to lose their job.

If I was a FO operative, my lips would sealed up tighter than a frogs ass.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1pf7mg84 said:
^^^La Confora saying he expects the Pats to be interested in Harvin if he's cut isn't tampering, because the Pats have never publicly said anything about Harvin. It's likely just La Confora rumor mongering anyway.

I get that, and maybe he is. But if this is leaked information and not just pulled out of his posterior, then it's making a mockery of the rules.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Harvin will be released and be free to sign anywhere he wants.

I could see NE with all of those 4 and 5 yard option routes and RAC opportunities...but would have to be at significantly less than he's made last few years.

chris98251

Reaction score
Harvin to costly for N.E they don't pay WR'S big money, he has a Ring, it will always be about Money and him now.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ They gave Randy 30 million for 3 years back in '08.

TBF I also think there are a ton of things going on with Percy, but I don't think just being about the money is one of them.

TBH taking below market value on a one year deal with N.E. is probably the best thing Percy could do for his career long term.