Bradford to the Bills?

pehawk

Reaction score
That's the rumor floating around. I believe it for one reason; it makes sense for both sides.

Rams rid themselves of that purgatory and turn the page. Bills gamble on a guy with a great arm to match their underutilized, dynamic, WR corp.

I also get a real Clay Bennett/Major League vibe from the Rams now. And why not with a coach like Fisher? He purposely kept a pretty good Oilers team down to ease the move to Tennessee. Trading Bradford would certainly help that Rams team tank better, huh?

Hawkssurething, you're take please. I'm on my phone, so I can't get too in depth. We need you, the MVP of seahawks.net, to enlighten us.

kearly

Reaction score
lol. Never change pehawk.

I don't think much at all of Bradford, but his skillset does compare fairly well to Kyle Orton, who had success with Buffalo last season. And with a new head coach, you know what they say. New regimes and new QBs. And given Ryan's track record with QBs, Bradford certainly fits the bill there.

I think this trade would probably not be that great for Buffalo, but it probably wouldn't hurt much either, other than Bradford's salary.

I don't see this as a "tank" move for St. Louis, if only because Bradford has missed so many games the last two years and his backups were only a tiny step down from Bradford's performance level.

To use a Mariners analogy, I see this as the equivalent of the Mariners swapping out Justin Smoak for Logan Morrison. Morrison is better, but the difference is fairly negligible. Not an impact move for either team. The logic behind the move is more about change of scenery than anything else.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I don't think much of Bradford either. He's like a poor man's, mentally stable, Jeff George. I mean, the talent and acumen is there.

Bradford routinely hit 6+ WRs a game his rookie year. That's usually a good indicator for QBs. Just like George, I see tons of talent on Sundays, not many mistakes, great throws, yet they both stink despite that.

It's a good gamble for the Bills. That WR corp is waiting to be special. Rams could be a lot better if he's healthy. I totally think excusable, safe, tanking move that few call them out on.

chris98251

Reaction score
Bradford trade talk, they want out from the cap hit, but most teams don't want to gamble on a guy that isn't staying healthy and will watch the Rams eat it or and cut him and take the gamble without the pick forfeiture I think.

That or stirring things up to move up and take a QB, or have their sights set on someone that's a F.A. or possibly made available like Cousins.