Dez, Yeah let's go get Dez!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I've been saying all along there is a reason or reasons that Dallas hasn't locked up a mega-talent like him to a long term deal. Talent wise it's a no brainer. .......But Dez is a mental midget off the field. Dallas has covered up a lot of his off the field behavior. When you have to hire full time "baby sitters" for a grown up man, there are obvious problems. If this tape exists and it's along the Ray Rice lines or worse, his career might be in jeopardy.

getnasty

Reaction score
I think he gets a bad rap for all of his antics on the sideline, and he's managed to stay out of trouble off the field. I would have never thought he would be able to do that when he was drafted but babysitters or not he's done it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":hfocvv76 said:
I've been saying all along there is a reason or reasons that Dallas hasn't locked up a mega-talent like him to a long term deal. Talent wise it's a no brainer. .......But Dez is a mental midget off the field. Dallas has covered up a lot of his off the field behavior. When you have to hire full time "baby sitters" for a grown up man, there are obvious problems. If this tape exists and it's along the Ray Rice lines or worse, his career might be in jeopardy.

It doesn't matter what kind of idiot Dez is, he's right now the most talented and productive WR in the league so if Dallas can't get him to sign a deal, they'll franchise him. End of story.

There is a point where teams get tired of a player's act, but Dez isn't even close to the T.O. or Ocho Cinco Mason Dixon idiot line.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3n7aewon said:
Sports Hernia":3n7aewon said:

It doesn't matter what kind of idiot Dez is, he's right now the most talented and productive WR in the league so if Dallas can't get him to sign a deal, they'll franchise him. End of story.

There is a point where teams get tired of a player's act, but Dez isn't even close to the T.O. or Ocho Cinco Mason Dixon idiot line.
If there's a tape of him doing something like Ray Rice there is no end of story. He's done.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":28v9bzi4 said:
Sgt. Largent":28v9bzi4 said:
Sports Hernia":28v9bzi4 said:

If there's a tape of him doing something like Ray Rice there is no end of story. He's done.

Yeh, I don't think him or getnasty bothered to open the link. Intrigued to see what this is, would have thought we'd have heard about it if the actions really were Ray Rice-esque.

drdiags

Reaction score
I guess I will know the story hit the webz when I see my twitter feed ramp up. I am sure the outrage by all to show they don't do those same type of things will go through the roof.

If the video is as bad as the article claims, Dez is facing a career-changing situation. He may not be banned from the league but he is going to be facing a stiff suspension.

With no charges currently being pursued the NFL can just use the video as its sole basis for action. They don't need any police cooperation or evidence.

Will be interesting to see how the NFL and Cowboys handle this issue if it really comes to light.

drdiags

Reaction score
Sounds like unless TMZ or the Cowboys pay up, the extortionists with the video (I gather ex-friends of Dez) will not be releasing it. From the above link sounds like the folks looking to get paid provided stills to the various folks that would pay for the video and set a deadline of today to get paid otherwise, nothing will happen with the video today.

A deadline was set by Bryant's former friends/extortionists for today for either TMZ or Bryant's team to purchase the tape.

Basis4day

Reaction score
drdiags":qri70frj said:
Sounds like unless TMZ or the Cowboys pay up, the extortionists with the video (I gather ex-friends of Dez) will not be releasing it. From the above link sounds like the folks looking to get paid provided stills to the various folks that would pay for the video and set a deadline of today to get paid otherwise, nothing will happen with the video today.

A deadline was set by Bryant's former friends/extortionists for today for either TMZ or Bryant's team to purchase the tape.

TMZ will definitely make an offer. The stills will get released.

mikeak

Reaction score
Cowboys can't buy and hide these. It would backfire. Actually if they have even seen them I am surprised that they haven't acted.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
In the season of speculation, false fronts, and red herrings, this is the weirdest story yet. It brings every facet of this pre-FA period into play. Is it an extortion ploy perpetrated by some Walter Sobchak-ian "amateurs," a smokescreen from the Cowboys, from agents, the League itself? Have officials really known about the tape "for months" or does it not even exist? So weird.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":2tte17bs said:
In the season of speculation, false fronts, and red herrings, this is the weirdest story yet. It brings every facet of this pre-FA period into play. Is it an extortion ploy perpetrated by some Walter Sobchak-ian "amateurs," a smokescreen from the Cowboys, from agents, the League itself? Have officials really known about the tape "for months" or does it not even exist? So weird.

Kinda what I was thinking, a PR stunt by the Cowboys to smear Bryant's name around a little in order to lower his value.

I hope that's not the case, cause that's some fo serious sleazy tactics.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":dqx7qya7 said:
HawkAroundTheClock":dqx7qya7 said:

Kinda what I was thinking, a PR stunt by the Cowboys to smear Bryant's name around a little in order to lower his value.

I hope that's not the case, cause that's some fo serious sleazy tactics.
Well Adam Schefter has confirmed the existence of the video and what's on it. Said he first heard about it in September.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Here’s the transcript:

Carmen and Jurko: What’s going on with Dez Bryant?

Adam Schefter: That’s a very interesting question. I’ll just say this – check back with me on that one.

Carmen and Jurko: Have you heard about this video? Do you know what’s on it?

Schefter: Yeah.

Carmen and Jurko: Have you seen it?

Schefter: I have not seen it.

Carmen and Jurko: Is he doing something criminal? Can you talk about it?

Schefter: I’ll say this: I’ve been working on this since September.

Carmen and Jurko: Is it criminal?

Schefter: Like I said I’ve been working on it since September. There’s a lot involved.

Carmen and Jurko: Is this going to come out?

Schefter: Don’t know. Don’t know yet.

Carmen and Jurko: Okay. Wow. I have never heard about this until the weekend and now it’s all over the internet

Schefter: It’s taken up a lot of my time this season I’ll say that.

Carmen and Jurko: And you did it in a very clandestine way it sounds like. Did you feel like you had to?

Schefter: Well listen, whatever we’ve been working on is not ready and maybe it never will be. Who knows? You’ve got to be very careful on these things. People can talk about videos, they can talk about this they can talk about that. The fact of the matter is, it doesn’t mean anything and it’s really not fair to him right now until you have all your facts in line. Which we spent a long time trying to do.

Schefter hasn't reported the contents, only that he knows what is claimed to be on it. The rumor is out there, and reporters are investigating it. They are unwilling to report specifics until they can satisfy their own journalistic standards. That includes not revealing what is rumored to be on the tape until they can view or possess screenshots or actually view it.

Deadspin has openly asked whomever is supposedly in a position to sell the tape to contact them. They're willing to pay.

kearly

Reaction score
Roger Goodell should put on a fake mustache disguise, buy the video, and then never release it.

And then after watching it, insist to everyone that he didn't.

kidhawk

Reaction score
kearly":3fey90pr said:
Roger Goodell should put on a fake mustache disguise, buy the video, and then never release it.

And then after watching it, insist to everyone that he didn't.

You say that as if it didn't already happen

jkitsune

Reaction score
I heard a rumor that something like this might exist several months ago. I've been waiting to see what eventually would pop up, and here we are. Very interesting.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Since this is a local story here, the rumor is that he either hit or choked a female while in a Walmart back in 2011.

People are guessing that a "former friend'' has the video.

If the time frame is correct and it comes out, will be interesting to see what the league does.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DTexHawk":u7ketqzk said:
Since this is a local story here, the rumor is that he either hit or choked a female while in a Walmart back in 2011.

People are guessing that a "former friend'' has the video.

If the time frame is correct and it comes out, will be interesting to see what the league does.
Surfing the net that's what I'm reading as well. If true this isn't good for Dez or the Cowboys. Rog has no choice to drop the hammer after he botched the Rice case.

Also heard that someone is shopping the video to the media and using screenshots to prove they have the video.

ZornwasaleftY

Reaction score
only difference in what I've heard is that it was a pregnant lady and he stomped on her head.

According to a guy on Reddit.

you can't make this stuff up - well I guess u can and I suppose a lot of people do but that's what I read on a Cowboys thread that ran 80 plus pages about this "video". cowboys zone.com