Idzik to Consult for Jags

Jville

Reaction score
Smart move by the Jaguars. Idik quickly worked thru the Jet's cap problem. He should keep the Jaguars out of trouble in his areas of proven expertise.

Ryan O’Halloran of the Florida Times-Union follows up with word that Idzik will work with director of football administration Tim Walsh and “focus on cap, cash spending, etc.”
Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/25/report-john-idzik-expected-to-take-job-in-jacksonville/[/urltargetblank]

chris98251

Reaction score
Says he is, but he also has a lot of scouting background and with Bradley maybe a better understanding of what to look for in players for His/Petes system. Looks like they are goingt o build long haul, lets see how the FA market works for them and how many looks and signimgs cuts they do. Won't take long to see the simularities in approach.

Subzero717

Reaction score
chris98251":b166kcf4 said:
Says he is, but he also has a lot of scouting background and with Bradley maybe a better understanding of what to look for in players for His/Petes system. Looks like they are goingt o build long haul, lets see how the FA market works for them and how many looks and signimgs cuts they do. Won't take long to see the simularities in approach.
From what I understand Idzik was only really exposed to evaluating when Schneider got here and was never really used in a scouting capacity. At least that was the knock when he went to the Jets. They basically hired Tannenbaum again. I think his drafts reflect that.

mikeak

Reaction score
Jville":1hiu4p2i said:
Smart move by the Jaguars. Idik quickly worked thru the Jet's cap problem. He should keep the Jaguars out of trouble in his areas of proven expertise.

Ryan O’Halloran of the Florida Times-Union follows up with word that Idzik will work with director of football administration Tim Walsh and “focus on cap, cash spending, etc.”
Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/25/report-john-idzik-expected-to-take-job-in-jacksonville/[/urltargetblank]

They are $40-$50million under the cap. Should be a pretty easy job :)

sc85sis

Reaction score
This implies to me they know they're going to have to spend some dough now to get that roster built out, and they also realize they need a long-term plan to avoid cap issues in the future. Idzik is perfect for that.