Falcons Release RB Jackson

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Maybe he would like to come back up Beast mode for a year or two?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1fzxtb04 said:
Maybe he would like to come back up Beast mode for a year or two?

The guy has never been on an NFL team with a winning record. Ever.

Are you willing to chance that? :D

chris98251

Reaction score
He needs a clean hole, runs upright, it's why he was easy to contain all those years he played for the Rams by our defense. You don't let him get started. Somewhat of a Chris Warren type back to me.

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":3pz21d4o said:
He needs a clean hole, runs upright, it's why he was easy to contain all those years he played for the Rams by our defense. You don't let him get started. Somewhat of a Chris Warren type back to me.

Rams being the worst team in the league and winning only one or two games a season has something to do with how your defense handled him.

Just because his team sucked does not mean he did. In fact, he rose above his team and played every game as if they could and should win it.

Would love to see him come back for a game and retire a Ram.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
We have no need for Jackson. We don't need a slower and weaker version of Lynch as our #2 back. We need a "change of pace" back, someone with some jolt and quickness. I'd much rather have a "scat back" type of #2 than Steven Jackson. I'll take my chances with the Turbin/CMike combo over Steven Jackson.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2d2cbfap said:
We have no need for Jackson. We don't need a slower and weaker version of Lynch as our #2 back. We need a "change of pace" back, someone with some jolt and quickness. I'd much rather have a "scat back" type of #2 than Steven Jackson. I'll take my chances with the Turbin/CMike combo over Steven Jackson.

He also has no need for the Hawks. What a dumb idea.

kearly

Reaction score
Jackson was never a player Seahawks fans had reason to fear. I don't think he ever registered a 100 yard rushing performance even once against the Seahawks, which is pretty insane considering that he had what? 15 chances?

But just because a guy was solid and not great against Seattle doesn't mean he's that way against everyone else. Steven Jackson did pretty well for his career against the rest of the league, and early in his career he had some of the best yards from scrimmage numbers in the history of the game.

That last year he was in St. Louis though, he looked so done. I was shocked that Atlanta paid him pretty good coin and actually viewed him a savior for their running game. It was like seeing Emmit Smith in a Cardinal uniform. I'm hardly a guy that thinks all GMs are as dumb as your average fan, but the GM that thought signing Jackson with all that wear would save their running game was pretty damn stupid. And the media members who said it was one of the best free agent signings for 2013 were equally as stupid.

Jackson had a nice career. Time to retire.