TAB420

Reaction score
Some people have to learn the hard way.

Marvin49

Reaction score
TAB420":3thk0yvz said:

On a 1 year "prove it" deal?

Any team that signs him won't be giving up a 1, a 3, and a 7 and a ton of cash. They'll give up small $$$ and can cut him with few to no cap ramifications...and he'll want to behave because he'll never see a big money deal if he doesn't.

I'd be thrilled if the Niners took a stab...but my guess is he'll go to NE.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Marvin49":2dp1dmzt said:
TAB420":2dp1dmzt said:

Any team that signs him won't be giving up a 1, a 3, and a 7 and a ton of cash. They'll give up small $$$ and can cut him with few to no cap ramifications...and he'll want to behave because he'll never see a big money deal if he doesn't.

Why would NE want him?

Doesn't matter though he's still a Jet as of now

Marvin49

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":15kp0pem said:
Marvin49":15kp0pem said:
TAB420":15kp0pem said:

Why would NE want him?

?

Short Option routes to a guy who can fly and run after catch? Physically, seems like he'd be made for that offense in NE.

I highly doubt he'll be a Jet. Can't see him taking a pay cut to stay and I can't see them paying his contract as is.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Pats are a perfect spot for him if he buys in. He has so much talent but for whatever reason has such a terrible attitude.

Marvin49

Reaction score
mistaowen":2tw6ivtt said:
Pats are a perfect spot for him if he buys in. He has so much talent but for whatever reason has such a terrible attitude.

If the rumors are true and the Niners were in on that bidding war with Seattle, I'm REEEEEAAAAALLLYYYYY happy they were outbid and ended up getting Anquan Boldin for a 6.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Marvin49":21v1rsds said:
mistaowen":21v1rsds said:

If the rumors are true and the Niners were in on that bidding war with Seattle, I'm REEEEEAAAAALLLYYYYY happy they were outbid and ended up getting Anquan Boldin for a 6.

Ravens only asking for a 6th still has me scratching my head lol he had just had a solid season on the Ravens. Was it purely cap related? Flacco did sorta handicap them but I guess it's worth it since he's somehow unstoppable in the playoffs and average in season.

TAB420

Reaction score
Marvin49":5ph0194g said:
TAB420":5ph0194g said:

It doesn't matter how cheap he comes or if it's a one year deal, if he damages your locker room. I would love SF to take a stab at him also. I guess you haven't learned that you can have a roster full of talent, but politics off the field can implode your season. You know, like SF last year.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
mistaowen":2melokrf said:
Marvin49":2melokrf said:
mistaowen":2melokrf said:

Ravens only asking for a 6th still has me scratching my head lol he had just had a solid season on the Ravens. Was it purely cap related? Flacco did sorta handicap them but I guess it's worth it since he's somehow unstoppable in the playoffs and average in season.

It was John Harbaugh doing his brother a solid.

Marvin49

Reaction score
mistaowen":1axx5idh said:
Marvin49":1axx5idh said:
mistaowen":1axx5idh said:

They would have released him if he weren't traded.

It was a 6 only because another team offered a 7.

Marvin49

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3gdl0706 said:
mistaowen":3gdl0706 said:
Marvin49":3gdl0706 said:
mistaowen":3gdl0706 said:

It was John Harbaugh doing his brother a solid.

Not really. Boldin was done in Baltimore regardless.

As I said before, they were lucky to get anything at all because it was well knows Anquan would be released for cap purposes. Niners upped pick to a 6 when another team offered a 7.

Marvin49

Reaction score
TAB420":2iks1qib said:
Marvin49":2iks1qib said:
TAB420":2iks1qib said:

It doesn't matter how cheap he comes or if it's a one year deal, if he damages your locker room. I would love SF to take a stab at him also. I guess you haven't learned that you can have a roster full of talent, but politics off the field can implode your season. You know, like SF last year.

Right...but its a 1 year deal with no cap ramification so you just cut the guy if he acts out....like in preseason or during the season. No reason he has to stay all year if he's a problem.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Marvin49":3tql1dnj said:
mistaowen":3tql1dnj said:

But if he's a 49er does he make a singular play to swing the NFC championship game for the 49ers, or do something during the regular season to get the 49ers HFA?

We'll never know.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":3riyvusp said:
TAB420":3riyvusp said:

You really want your team messed with more?Percy is your guy..You can have him..

Marvin49

Reaction score
kobebryant":303fk78w said:
Marvin49":303fk78w said:
mistaowen":303fk78w said:

But if he's a 49er does he make a singular play to swing the NFC championship game for the 49ers, or do something during the regular season to get the 49ers HFA?

We'll never know.

Right....

....but Boldin had 1179 yards. They aren't even in the NFCCG without him.

They also wouldn't have Eric Reid to replace Dashon Goldson.

TAB420

Reaction score
Marvin49":yh9teah0 said:
TAB420":yh9teah0 said:
Marvin49":yh9teah0 said:
TAB420":yh9teah0 said:

Right...but its a 1 year deal with no cap ramification so you just cut the guy if he acts out....like in preseason or during the season. No reason he has to stay all year if he's a problem.

True, if you have the option to cut him before any damage is done.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Marvin49":1htqdd9r said:
Hawkfan77":1htqdd9r said:
Marvin49":1htqdd9r said:
TAB420":1htqdd9r said:

Why would NE want him?

?

Short Option routes to a guy who can fly and run after catch? Physically, seems like he'd be made for that offense in NE.

I highly doubt he'll be a Jet. Can't see him taking a pay cut to stay and I can't see them paying his contract as is.
Pats run a precision offense and Harvin isn't avreal WR and he doesn't run good routes.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":n7thc8dh said:
Pats run a precision offense and Harvin isn't avreal WR and he doesn't run good routes.

I actually think Harvin would thrive in the Pats offense. It didn't work here, because we aren't a quick passing team full of slot routes. Patriots do this in spades. They wouldn't have to alter their offense at all to fully incorporate him into their scheme.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":8or393jt said:
Marvin49":8or393jt said:
Hawkfan77":8or393jt said:
Why would NE want him?

?

Agree to disagree.

Pats run a TON of underneath option routes that rely more on quickness and sync with the QB than anything else. Look at the guys who they've had success with in recent years...Welker, Amendola, Edelman...they are all essentially the same guy. Short. Quick. decent after the catch.

Harvin is that but better.