Carson Palmer possible restructure in the works

ringless

Reaction score
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo

Look for $9.5m roster bonus convert to signing bonus. RT @mikejurecki: Hearing Carson Palmer could be an option for restructuring contract.

https://twitter.com/mikejurecki/stat...09208770809856

Mike Jurecki ‏@mikejurecki

>> MT @Jason_OTC: If the #Cards do restructure Palmers contract they are clearly going to be going all in to create space for this year.

Darren Urban ‏@Cardschatter

Talking Palmer restructure RT @Jason_OTC: @Cardschatter @mikejurecki They would free up around $7M in cap space if they did that.

Looks as though Carson Palmer may be willing to restructure his contract.. By doing so he would free up an addition 7 Million in cap space bringing the Cardinals to 21-24 million in free cap space. Which would allow them to be aggressive in FA.....

kearly

Reaction score
Makes sense. The time is now for Keim and Arians. If AP is released I would expect Arizona to make a push for him.

Jville

Reaction score
The future is now for the Cardinals. They have an opportunity to get off to a fast start and address any positions of concern.

RedAlice

Reaction score
kearly":1jggjuki said:
Makes sense. The time is now for Keim and Arians. If AP is released I would expect Arizona to make a push for him.

Absolutely.

He seems like he is not wanting to return to Minny. I will be very disappointed if AZ doesn't at least make a strong play to get him.

Az needs to step it up hard this year w Niners in a weird place and Rams stuck in relocation purgatory. It's an opening for them to take.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RedAlice":iqn7szf9 said:
kearly":iqn7szf9 said:

Absolutely.

He seems like he is not wanting to return to Minny. I will be very disappointed if AZ doesn't at least make a strong play to get him.

Az needs to step it up hard this year w Niners in a weird place and Rams stuck in relocation purgatory. It's an opening for them to take.
.....and Seattle's secondary all having a rash of serious injuries that of many require surgery. If I were AZ I would either try my hardest to land AP or Murray. This is a season there where they might be an opening for them to thrive for a season while the other teams in the division might struggle in certain areas.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Carson Palmer said yesterday he did sign a new restructure contract.... It would free up 7 million for this year; However, it has not been executed. Keim stated that they have specific players we are targeting and it will only be executed if that/those players are wanting to come to the team. If we don't get the specific players than the restructure will be torn up...