Jarryd Hayne signs contract with 49ers

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Jarryd Hayne has taken a massive step towards his dream of playing in the NFL, linking with the San Francisco 49ers.

Hayne left the Eels last October with hopes of playing in the NFL and, at a press conference in Sydney on Tuesday, he announced he has signed with the 49ers ahead of the 2015 season, starting in September.

The former Parramatta, New South Wales and Australia star thanked the Seattle Seahawks and Detroit Lions for their interest, before announcing that he would be a San Francisco 49er in 2015.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-03/j ... rs/6276822

sekiuHAWK

Reaction score
Can't wait for him to get invited into the NFL with a little bit of BOOM

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
sc85sis":rpuneqqe said:
He has short arms and small hands for his size. Maybe we can make him fumble.

He held onto a Rugby ball pretty good, I don't think fumbling with be an issue. If anything I think getting used to playing with all the pads will be an issue for him.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":boanjvip said:
It will be interesting to watch him, hopefully he can crack the line up.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if he either got cut and didn't make a team or got eventually assigned to a practice squad. Football, as with all professional sports takes more than just athleticism. Heck, even great athletes who play football all their lives often need some time to get ready to play at the NFL level. I think I'd be more surprised if he made it passed final cuts than if he doesn't.

jake206

Reaction score
Not signing this guy is going to be a mistake. I hope I'm wrong, but this guy is going to do well in the league. He might not have game breaking speed, but he looks like he has the knack for breaking tackles.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Good. I'd rather see the Seahawks sign "real American football players" rather than guys who are long shot projects at best. This guy is probably lesser than signing an UDFA or CFL player.