TMZ Golden Tate interview

ivotuk

Reaction score
Russell WIlson owes him nothing.

RW asked for privacy in the whole thing which meant that he wasn't going to say anything one way or the other.

ANYTHING Russell would have said would have been taken out of context, torn up and thrown out there with every kind of insinuation.

If anybody should have gotten out in front of that, it should have been Golden. He barely made a peep about it and this latest statement reminds me of "I did not have sexual relations with that woman. Monica Lewinsky."

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
ivotuk":18r62zec said:
Russell WIlson owes him nothing.

RW asked for privacy in the whole thing which meant that he wasn't going to say anything one way or the other.

ANYTHING Russell would have said would have been taken out of context, torn up and thrown out there with every kind of insinuation.

If anybody should have gotten out in front of that, it should have been Golden. He barely made a peep about it and this latest statement reminds me of "I did not have sexual relations with that woman. Monica Lewinsky."
Yeah, Tate needs to stop talking about, because he's the only one constantly bringing it up.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

kearly

Reaction score
Not saying I believe the rumor or that it is true, but I think it's more than safe to say that the rumor existed in that locker room and that members of the team believed it to be true. Tate even said he was accused by Wilson. And ultimately, that matters even if Tate really is innocent. If your face of the franchise QB hates you for whatever reason, even a stupid one, you are gone.

If I was innocent and accused then 'let go' in a roundabout way by the team, I'd be bitter too.

Not saying I think Tate is innocent either. I have no idea if he is or not. But I do think he's been wanting us to believe the innocent yet accused narrative, and in this interview he lays that out plainly. And if he is guilty, then it's a smart cover to use.

As much as we revere Wilson, he has had some issues getting along with certain players before. It's only natural, Wilson may be a straight out of a 50's family movie, but he's still type-A. Tate comes across as someone who is trying to deflect and hide which makes me suspicious of him, but Wilson's guarded, private nature and his personality conflicts with some of his teammates makes me wonder if he has a masked tendency for being petty. I'm guessing not, but it's legit to wonder.

Basically, I could see viable ways of Tate being guilty or innocent. If he's guilty, he needs to shut up about it yesterday. If he's innocent, he needs to let it go, since his efforts to look innocent have the opposite effect.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Golden needs to shut the hell up and move on with his life.

Russell is about as careful with his image as any athlete in any sport, he's not going to stoop to publicly discussing this rumor. Golden should take a cue.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
In a cruel twist of probability the threesome theory now looks the most logical lol... Clearly something happened or this situation would'n't have happened and wouldn't appear so weird. First off Golden's gf just looks psycho, look at the way she is staring at Golden in that video. She totally has that "down for whatever whenever look" And after the divorce Ashton follows Golden and his gf to Detroit... hmm does that not seem unusual to anyone else

HawkMeat

Reaction score
I saw this a couple days ago. Tate needs to move on. What is the value bringing it up still? Silly.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
What ever it was, it wasn't a knee jerk reaction.

I'm pretty sure he discussed it with his wife, err, ex wife before anything was let out.
Apparently, she if anyone probably acknowledged it.. which and hence the divorce.

pehawk

Reaction score
Everyone on here told me this wasn't true though, because Russell didn't hold a press conference about it? And/or a seahawks.net approved writer didn't say it.

I'm confused. DavidSeven, can you hold me?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Golden needs to stop talking and denying about that. Let it go. IMO, he should have walked away after that question. However, he was right about the play at the end of the SB. Should have given it to Beast. Everyone on the planet knows that.

SeahawksEast

Reaction score
Based on what I see in that video, it would appear to me that Mr. Tate has a golden opportunity right in front of him.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
kearly":6o0kemtr said:
Not saying I believe the rumor or that it is true, but I think it's more than safe to say that the rumor existed in that locker room and that members of the team believed it to be true. Tate even said he was accused by Wilson. And ultimately, that matters even if Tate really is innocent. If your face of the franchise QB hates you for whatever reason, even a stupid one, you are gone.

If I was innocent and accused then 'let go' in a roundabout way by the team, I'd be bitter too.

Not saying I think Tate is innocent either. I have no idea if he is or not. But I do think he's been wanting us to believe the innocent yet accused narrative, and in this interview he lays that out plainly. And if he is guilty, then it's a smart cover to use.

As much as we revere Wilson, he has had some issues getting along with certain players before. It's only natural, Wilson may be a straight out of a 50's family movie, but he's still type-A. Tate comes across as someone who is trying to deflect and hide which makes me suspicious of him, but Wilson's guarded, private nature and his personality conflicts with some of his teammates makes me wonder if he has a masked tendency for being petty. I'm guessing not, but it's legit to wonder.

Basically, I could see viable ways of Tate being guilty or innocent. If he's guilty, he needs to shut up about it yesterday. If he's innocent, he needs to let it go, since his efforts to look innocent have the opposite effect.

Of course there are others Wilson doesn't particularly get along with and that shouldn't be a shock to anyone. We all have people we get along with and those we don't. :Dunno: As you said, it's natural. So are personality conflicts. So, not sure any of this should even be mentioned because it doesn't make any relevant distinction if what you say is true of everyone - to one degree or another. If Wilson has more of a tendency to alienate others... then, perhaps you could make such a point.

Wilson and Robert Turbin are good friends on the team. Not many people can say they've taken care of family members like Turbin did growing up. That says a lot about who he is as a person and it honestly doesn't surprise me that those two would perhaps be closer friends than they might be with others on the team. No, they don't have angel wings or halos and this is not to suggest anything lesser of other players either. But, there's something strong about the character of guys like Wilson and Turbin.

If one dares to courageously live in a manner that others will speak well of you, it opens you up for more scrutiny. May as well draw a target on your back. There's good reason to admire guys like them. Still, none of this means they won't have issues with others. No matter what kind of person you are, there's always going to be someone who wants to take issue with you.