Cary Williams might be an intriguing CB option

RynoHawk

Reaction score
have you even seen the responses to his release? The People in Philly are ecstatic that he is gone, some of the comments go on to say that he was one of the worst players in the league... Granted, it's a Chip Kelly offence but still..... NO THANK YOU!

OP
OP
Hyak

Hyak

Reaction score
I've seen him play both in Baltimore and Philly and he's always been a pretty solid corner. Based on his track record, he's shown more than Simon has IMO.

Not sure Philly fans are the most rational bunch.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
RynoHawk":j4aqiwxh said:
have you even seen the responses to his release? The People in Philly are ecstatic that he is gone, some of the comments go on to say that he was one of the worst players in the league... Granted, it's a Chip Kelly offence but still..... NO THANK YOU!

Bradley Fletcher was their main problem, that dude was horrible the few times I saw him play.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
RynoHawk":2xut8fdo said:
The Philly coaches are not our coaches and their scheme isn't our scheme?

How many times have the Hawks signed players that you said "NO THANK YOU" to that ended up being real players for us? I'd say it's a pretty long list...

Basis4day

Reaction score
Is he the Eagle's player that thought they practiced too hard?

RynoHawk

Reaction score
Agreed Hawkfan77, but from what I've seen when I visited last year for the Hawks game in primetime was that our Mediocre receivers burned him almost every time...I think there was one or two plays that he bumped and covered... but Tate and Kearse owned him....

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
RynoHawk":1ht7yb1m said:
Agreed Hawkfan77, but from what I've seen when I visited last year for the Hawks game in primetime was that our Mediocre receivers burned him almost every time...I think there was one or two plays that he bumped and covered... but Tate and Kearse owned him....
Ya I don't think much of his skills either, but if he's brought in, I also wouldn't be surprised if he had a solid year. Now the Hawks could also bring him in and then cut him (we've seen that happen before)

I think we could see a reclamation project or two this off season.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Isn't Carry Williams one of the bigger corners? I remember watching him last year on Philly and thinking he reminded me a lot of one of our corners. Big, long, and a physical bump-and-run guy.

However I have heard that he is a lockerroom problem. If I remember right, he was the guy complaining about Chip being too hard on them at practice which drew a big media story.

ivotuk

Reaction score
RynoHawk":eu3wn1xc said:

You're validating the opinion of fans that threw snowballs at Santa? They were glad when he left! Zero credibility.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Isn't he the guy who gave up 3 TDs to Dez in a single game in Philly? I could be wrong. But that corner couldn't cover anyone.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
joeseahawks":107xg0hv said:
Isn't he the guy who gave up 3 TDs to Dez in a single game in Philly? I could be wrong. But that corner couldn't cover anyone.

Yup. Fans of the other NFC East teams are commenting that they are sad he's gone.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I know our staff is good at teaching corners, but it would take a miracle to convert this guy into a decent corner. We could beat some teams with him, but elite QBs will destroy him. If you want to win a SB, you need to be capable of beating elite QBs.
HawkFan72":2e022uro said:
joeseahawks":2e022uro said:
Yup. Fans of the other NFC East teams are commenting that they are sad he's gone.

Largent80

Reaction score
Web are lacking depth at DB in case you haven't noticed. That's why J & P are bringing in 2 this week.