Steelers want Troy Polamalu to retire

hawknation2015

Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers hope Troy Polamalu retires so they are not forced to release him, a source close to the iconic safety confirmed to ESPN.com. Polamalu remains undecided about his future, according to the source, but he is considering suiting up in 2015 to show the Steelers that he can still play. The situation, however, would have to be right, the source said, for Polamalu to play for another team after spending 12 seasons with the Steelers.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12420 ... elease-him

Polamalu was an All-American at Southern Cal under Pete Carroll. Would he consider signing with the Seahawks to reunite with Carroll on a Kevin Williams-type deal ($1-2 million)? Given the injuries to Thomas and Chancellor, it would be awesome to have a veteran backup presence at safety.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I could see it if he is healthy. Pete Carroll has said that Polamalu was the best player he ever coached at USC. Even though Polamalu isn't very good anymore, I could see Pete getting sentimental with this one and giving him a shot in Training Camp since Earl is banged up.

The problem is that Polamalu has been banged up for years, so he isn't going to be very reliable in that regard, either.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Even though the guy was a Stealer, I always respected the hell out of the guy. Played balls out and and sacrificed his body every play. Though I fear what his after football life might be like as the guy's concusion history makes Wes Welker's look like child's play.

WendellWent

Reaction score
He's looked bad the limited amount of time he has been on the field, over the past few years. His experience is a thing to covet, but you know what Carroll thought about keeping a player in a similar siltation around in Milloy.