Eagles and the Jets drama

hawkfan68

Reaction score
These two franchises are the dumbest ever. It's a known fact that the Eagles covet Mariota. Well the Eagles and the Jets have supposedly come to an agreement on trade if Mariota is still available when the Jets pick. That in itself is not stupid. What is stupid is announce it via the media. Now the leverage goes to the teams picking before the Jets. Primarily a division rival, the Redskins. A shrewd team could draft Mariota so he doesn't make it to Jets or Eagles. Redskins are potentially looking for an upgrade at QB too. The Redskins hold the #5 pick in the draft and Jets the #6. Although, stupidity hasn't escaped the Redskins front office either. But a blind squirrel can find a nut too.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...de-for-marcus-mariota/ar-BBigoyX?ocid=U218DHP

Basis4day

Reaction score
I see you're point. But the Redskins have a lot of needs outside of QB and the owner loves RGIII. They would need to make an arrangement to draft and trade with another team themselves to really make that work. Drafting Mariota solely to keep the Eagles from getting him isn't the best strategy.

titan3131

Reaction score
unfortunately I see the redskins re surging as far as their level of talent due to Mcgloughlin being in charge and his track record...

but i dont see him drafting mariota

kearly

Reaction score
It's not something the teams announced, it's a rumor from a "league source." Most likely, it's a planted false rumor from a team picking ahead of the Jets that wants to drum up interest for trading their pick.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but teams don't draft a guy with a top 10 pick to block another team from drafting that player. Maybe it happens in the 4th or 5th round, but no chance with that high of a pick.

pehawk

Reaction score
I love this time of year. This must be how girls feel reading the National Enquirer.

Is this what it feels like kris98251?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3khmo3dp said:
These two franchises are the dumbest ever. It's a known fact that the Eagles covet Mariota. Well the Eagles and the Jets have supposedly come to an agreement on trade if Mariota is still available when the Jets pick. That in itself is not stupid. What is stupid is announce it via the media. Now the leverage goes to the teams picking before the Jets. Primarily a division rival, the Redskins. A shrewd team could draft Mariota so he doesn't make it to Jets or Eagles. Redskins are potentially looking for an upgrade at QB too. The Redskins hold the #5 pick in the draft and Jets the #6. Although, stupidity hasn't escaped the Redskins front office either. But a blind squirrel can find a nut too.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...de-for-marcus-mariota/ar-BBigoyX?ocid=U218DHP

Tbf they didn't announce it via the media. Word of it, if true, got out or leaked via the media. Tbf #2 the article also makes the point you're making, saying that it's not really an issue because no other teams likely value him enough to leapfrog up to five.