FA Contract negotiations start today

Greenhell

Reaction score
So can these negotiations be talked and discussed by the media or do teams have to remain hush till Tuesday?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Greenhell":1wccw0x1 said:
So can these negotiations be talked and discussed by the media or do teams have to remain hush till Tuesday?
How I understand it they don't talk about the negotiations just the fact that they're visiting and whatnot. They can definitely complete the whole process when them being signed, sealed, and delivered before the 10th though. They just can't announce it.

Bprez3

Reaction score
Who do you think (or like) the Hawks to get an early jump on with negotiations?

Other than Suh I don't think there is an perfect candidate out on the market. They all have their own flaws injury history, perfomance, or cost. We can argue that with every player until we are blue in the face. From a need standpoint, I would like to see us jump on either Julius Thomas and Jordan Cameron. For the D I think Tramon Williams would be able to slid right in.

Julius Thomas can fill a huge void for us in the red zone. Nice big target, great hands, and he provides a unique athletic skill set for a TE. Jordan Cameron also would be a good get as well. He posseses a lot of the same qualities as Thomas good and bad. Second, Tramon Williams, I have not seen him play nor paid too much attention to him other than a few obvious plays. With that said, he seems to fit the mold of what the Hawks covet in a CB.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Given the fact that we cut Zach Miller that tells me we are definitely going to push for Julius Thomas and if we don't get him we will go for Jordan Cameron. I think the second option would be a huge risk but it would allow us to go for Andre Johnson also so that might be interesting.

Bprez3

Reaction score
Andre Johnson would be a great addition and should not cost a significant amount of money. Cobb would be great obviously and could fill the role that they had envisioned for Harvin. Cobb would be a pipe dream, but you never know

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Not seeing us going after Cobb because he wants something like 9M and I think that's out of our price range for wide receivers. It'd be better to spend slightly less for Julius Thomas for more effect in our offense.

Bprez3

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":jgf7b4t3 said:
Not seeing us going after Cobb because he wants something like 9M and I think that's out of our price range for wide receivers. It'd be better to spend slightly less for Julius Thomas for more effect in our offense.

Completely agree. I would much rather see us get one of these TE's and Johnson over just Cobb. Excited to see how the offseason plan shapes up in the next few days

Jville

Reaction score
Tweets from fake account ...... deleted .... my apologies to .net

Poof

AAAAAAAdg2FkxnMkwHIsBU2Fs16002Fpt1220 poof logo

Bprez3

Reaction score
Jville":s37kcnqk said:
UPDATES

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootbaIITaIk/status/574257669806157824[/tweet]

Poof

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootbaIITaIk/status/573891804640243712[/tweet]

Fake twitter account. The LL's are uppercase II's

Poof

Cannot delete my post. Mods please feel free to do so

Jville

Reaction score
Tweets from fake account ...... deleted .... my apologies to .net

Poof

Hawks46

Reaction score
I can see us chasing a TE in FA as the draft looks thin on upper end talent.

Andre Johnson would be an interesting pickup ,and would probably help our younger guys develop. It would be neat to see him mentor a guy like Matthews, then watch Matthews blow up next year.

I don't see us chasing Suh right out of the gate. The FO knows he's going to get much higher offers than ours, but we have leverage others don't; mainly being close to home and having one of the best organizations in the league, and a dynamic young defense that is currently cementing a place in the record books.

I also see us gauging how much guys like Paea or Melton would cost us. It wouldn't be Suh but it would be an upgrade and add depth, and be a crap ton cheaper.

I also see us getting Williams signed up.

marko358

Reaction score
Schefter reporting that Cobb stays in GB on a new 4 year deal.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/574409275990216704[/tweet]