CB dilemma. keep maxwell or pick up Cromartie ?

hawksurething

Reaction score
Hawks needs long CBs with 32 inch arms requirement to run their single high safety defense.

Only CBs avalible that meet this is max & crom. Maybe tremon Williams or

Who do you guys can fit the bill ?

2_0_6

Reaction score
No dilemma with Maxwell, will get $9+ million per season and it will not be a Hawks uniform..

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I don't think the Hawks are thinking about retaining Maxwell or going after Cromartie.

There are more players in the NFL besides the few you like to single out.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I don't think the Hawks will end up with either; though I am a big fan of both of them.

Cary Williams got a look probably because he matches their height and arm length requirements; and though he was poor for the Eagles I trust the Hawks to put CBs in a position to succeed. The proof is there - CBs improve when they get coached up here. So if they want him, I trust the front office.

Different dudes in the draft fit the profile - Jalen Collins, Alex Carter, Byron Jones, Marcus Peters' arms fall slightly short but the wingspan is good enough and his playing style fits the Hawks.

Ideally, Maxwell stays. But I don't see that as likely. He'll get a nice well-deserved payday and I'll be happy for him.

I'm also cool with Tharold Simon as long as he is kept to playing the boundary and not asked to slide inside to try to deal with dudes like Edelman.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2wa7amvg said:
32 inch arms? What about 31? Or 30.5?

Already asked him, it's up to that player to get surgery to add whatever length is required to reach 32 inches.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Being sarcastic doesn't change the fact that it is a Pete and John requirement that CB's have 32 inch arms, or a wingspan to make up for it. They want length, and being 6'1" with TRex arms isn't the same as being 5'11" and being able to tie your shoes without bending over.

That said, Cromartie and Maxwell are damn near the same CB; they're really close. Except Maxwell actually likes to tackle, and is better at getting the ball out of the ball carrier's hands. Cromartie might be slightly better in coverage.

We won't be able to afford Maxwell, and I have no idea what Cromartie is looking for monetarily, so not sure what the dilemma is.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Hawks46":3ohqjrex said:
Being sarcastic doesn't change the fact that it is a Pete and John requirement that CB's have 32 inch arms, or a wingspan to make up for it. They want length, and being 6'1" with TRex arms isn't the same as being 5'11" and being able to tie your shoes without bending over.

That said, Cromartie and Maxwell are damn near the same CB; they're really close. Except Maxwell actually likes to tackle, and is better at getting the ball out of the ball carrier's hands. Cromartie might be slightly better in coverage.

We won't be able to afford Maxwell, and I have no idea what Cromartie is looking for monetarily, so not sure what the dilemma is.

Thanks for the amazing input !

Max cost way too much to keep. crom is a baller I know,he just a little older.

Im no 100% CB expert,like i am at WR . Out of this weak CB draft crop who do you think is the most complete for our scheme & requirements going in the 3rd round ?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Veiling your discussion about free agents by saying Maxwell is to e pensive just to post in the main forum doesn't cut it. Keep free agent hopeful discussion in the NFL forum

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
kidhawk":3yndq6hr said:
Veiling your discussion about free agents by saying Maxwell is to e pensive just to post in the main forum doesn't cut it. Keep free agent hopeful discussion in the NFL forum

My bad its hard to catagorize the board when I'm speaking of hawks players & situations.

Please move it to the proper area. Thanks :)

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Spleenhawk2.0":2yzonrsy said:
I didn't know that those were the only two options?

I asked do you have other options that meet Pete's requirements ?

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
hawksurething":2zzey8y7 said:
Spleenhawk2.0":2zzey8y7 said:

Coach Carroll's requirements? or our assessment of his requirements?

Rumor has it that Seattle is linked to Cary Williams and Tramon Williams.

Here are a few potentially lower cost options......

Davon House - 31 7/8 arm length. Ran a 4.5 40. 6'1", big hands, press coverage experience, willing and able tackler

Cary Williams - 6'1", 4.43 40. Went to Washburn Univ, so I do not believe he was at the combine, so tough to find arm length numbers. Played adequate press cover with Ravens, but struggled last year with the Eagles

Shareece Wright - 5'11" - 32 1/4 arm length. 4.46 40. Played for Carroll at USC, but has struggled a bit in the pros. Would be an "under the radar" pick-up for sure.

Charles Tillman - 6'1" 4.49 40. Veteran who missed a bunch of time the past two seasons because of injury. Solid when healthy, but age and injury may have made it time for Tillman to retire

There are other options for backup positions, many have been mentioned multiple times - Will Blackmon, Walter Thurmond, Phillip Adams, etc....

Nothing spectacular - but I am not a Cromartie fan, so I may take a few of these options to camp and take my chances rather than overpaying for Maxwell or Cromartie

kearly

Reaction score
If you've watched Cromartie play the last two seasons... he'd be a camp invite guy, at most.

All Seattle really needs is to add a competent corner or two. Tramon Williams would probably meet that standard. I kinda doubt Cromartie would at this stage of his career.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Spleenhawk2.0":3m9rkbu3 said:
hawksurething":3m9rkbu3 said:
Spleenhawk2.0":3m9rkbu3 said:

Coach Carroll's requirements? or our assessment of his requirements?

Rumor has it that Seattle is linked to Cary Williams and Tramon Williams.

Here are a few potentially lower cost options......

Davon House - 31 7/8 arm length. Ran a 4.5 40. 6'1", big hands, press coverage experience, willing and able tackler

Cary Williams - 6'1", 4.43 40. Went to Washburn Univ, so I do not believe he was at the combine, so tough to find arm length numbers. Played adequate press cover with Ravens, but struggled last year with the Eagles

Shareece Wright - 5'11" - 32 1/4 arm length. 4.46 40. Played for Carroll at USC, but has struggled a bit in the pros. Would be an "under the radar" pick-up for sure.

Charles Tillman - 6'1" 4.49 40. Veteran who missed a bunch of time the past two seasons because of injury. Solid when healthy, but age and injury may have made it time for Tillman to retire

There are other options for backup positions, many have been mentioned multiple times - Will Blackmon, Walter Thurmond, Phillip Adams, etc....

Nothing spectacular - but I am not a Cromartie fan, so I may take a few of these options to camp and take my chances rather than overpaying for Maxwell or Cromartie

That's what I'm talking about... Thanks for the insight ! :)

I suck at picking CBs for the hawks system. All I know is press & long arms :( I have a 99% hit on CBs in the draft...millner is my miss so far,I knew his backpedal needed work.

Anyways thanks so much for teaching me. I never stay tricked ;)

GoHawks !

brimsalabim

Reaction score
As of March 2010 Cromartie had already fathered at least 12 children with 8 different mothers... No telling what he has stretched that number to by now but you can bet the states child support regulations will figure into where ever he signs.