Cardinals trying to sign Peterson

ringless

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":11rcb7yo said:

Whats even more interesting is he is willing to take a pay cut to play for Dallas or Arizona reportedly as they are at the top of his list..... But he refuses to take a payout from 15million this year to play for the Vikings. So in essence he is forcing a trade. The thing for the Vikings is is so many teams are already finding their RB's in FA, or re-signing players, couple with the deep draft and they really aren't going to get a lot for him..... They are saying they are now interested in keeping him but only to try to drive the price up.

This is one of the reasons they have restructures in place with Palmer and possibly CC is to go after a few of these guys. It is also reported that the Cardinals are looking to upgrade the C position by signing Stefen Wisniewski from the Raiders after getting a steal in Veldheer just last year off them. If we can upgrade the C position, with our LG position improving as Cooper will be healthy, and a new C we should have a really strong offensive line. Ellington and Peterson would be a deadly mix.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Taking away our rivalry with the Cards, that really is a good place for him to land.

Largent80

Reaction score
They had better hope Palmer can play an injury free year regardless of who is the RB.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Palmer, Petersen, Fitzgerald... What about two years from now? Mildest team in the NFl...

ringless

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":1x84j845 said:
Palmer, Petersen, Fitzgerald... What about two years from now? Mildest team in the NFl...

I wouldn't disagree that our window is a 2 year window the way the current roster sets. However we have recently gotten a lot of young talent on defense, and if we do get the center we are going after we will have a young and above average offensive line which only leaves the offensive skill sets to be as a concern moving forward.

Our FO might just be as good as yours and Im sure the rosters will look a lot different in two years for both teams. Time will tell.... We might find a replacement qb for all anybody knows within 2 years

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Well I'll be honest and say that I hope AD never plays for anyone in the NFCW.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
ringless":33lx3oee said:
KARAVARUS":33lx3oee said:

I wouldn't disagree that our window is a 2 year window the way the current roster sets. However we have recently gotten a lot of young talent on defense, and if we do get the center we are going after we will have a young and above average offensive line which only leaves the offensive skill sets to be as a concern moving forward.

Our FO might just be as good as yours and Im sure the rosters will look a lot different in two years for both teams. Time will tell.... We might find a replacement qb for all anybody knows within 2 years

I wasn't trying to be a dick. I'm just glad our skill players are mostly on the right side of 30. I don't like attrition on any level, so it's hard for me to get excited about names that would have been rad 5 years ago, when they could give me more than one or two good years. I think your team is moving in the right direction for sure, and I love the rivalry. I def feel something about those three names together but like I said, it's based on what they did five years ago.

2_0_6

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how he performs regardless on who signs him.. He would be a solid pick up for the Cards.

Jville

Reaction score
I would welcome the addition of Peterson. The future is now for the Cardinals. I would love to watch him run twice a year.

With regards to the Cardinals of Arizona, they are not the dysfunctional organization of past eras. They are a competitive organization that can and do compete.

kearly

Reaction score
Arizona has the money, Dallas does not. I'm sure there will be other serious candidates to emerge though.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Hmmmm. I like that idea. Once the 9ers are out of it I'll probably be rooting for the cards next year.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Popeyejones":358s6yxg said:
Hmmmm. I like that idea. Once the 9ers are out of it I'll probably be rooting for the cards next year.

Gotta have something to root for.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
These stories are simply leverage for APs camp.

The Vikings are in the place of power here, not AP, and he knows it. He is under contract with them for two more years, and is afraid the Vikings will ask a restructure. Now the news is that the organization is willing to pay him the full amount. If they resolve the hurt feelings (seriously? what a baby) he will stay in Minnesota.

The Vikings want no less than two first rounders for him, plus a team would pay his 12 million salary. All for a RB nearing 29? That's alot.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":e9dyxi2b said:
These stories are simply leverage for APs camp.

The Vikings are in the place of power here, not AP, and he knows it. He is under contract with them for two more years, and is afraid the Vikings will ask a restructure. Now the news is that the organization is willing to pay him the full amount. If they resolve the hurt feelings (seriously? what a baby) he will stay in Minnesota.

The Vikings want no less than two first rounders for him, plus a team would pay his 12 million salary. All for a RB nearing 29? That's alot.

You are correct that that is a lot of compensation for an aging RB, but barring an injury he really doesn't seem like he's slowing down. Couple that with having most of last year off and wanting to still prove himself you have a guy who'll blow it up next year.

ringless

Reaction score
As enticing as Peterson is, I think the money would be better spend in re-signing Dan Williams, getting a decent DE as a stop-gap, and Stefen Wis as a our new center and we'd still have a little left over instead of giving AD 12 million.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Popeyejones":395og64y said:

So, week 1?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I couldn't care less who Arizona gets at any given position. Would it be good for AZ? Who knows? The only thing that matters to me is how the Seahawks play football and who they find to play. When the Hawks are playing good football, it just doesn't matter what anyone else does. :)

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Uncle Si":gsb8ocu7 said:
If they resolve the hurt feelings (seriously? what a baby) he will stay in Minnesota.
Is AP throwing a tantrum? Uh oh. The way some folks were raised, that might be grounds for a whuppin'.

Latest posts