Can anyone explain to me what the Eagles are doing?

korboko

Reaction score
They let go of their top receiver (DeSean Jackson) last year, then they trade their best running back (LeSean McCoy) this year. Now I hear that Jeremy Maclin was traded as well.

Marvin49

Reaction score
korboko":pghis7sz said:
They let go of their top receiver (DeSean Jackson) last year, then they trade their best running back (LeSean McCoy) this year. Now I hear that Jeremy Maclin was traded as well.

Maclin was a FA.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
korboko":1muamqdj said:
It's called trying to get a defense and getting rid of overpaid offensive players. Chip Kelly wants his own guys from the ground up on offense especially.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
New regime. Getting rid of old regime players. Getting rid of guys not necessarily fitting or buying in to the program.

Honestly, it looks like Seattle in 2010/11. It's just that Philly's players aren't as old as ours were. But the core issues (fit) apply.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
The nuclear option - burn it to the ground and rebuild.

Didn't I read today that they're interested in Kaepernick?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":27qwdkuf said:
The nuclear option - burn it to the ground and rebuild.

Didn't I read today that they're interested in Kaepernick?
That's the latest rumor though it's being denied by San Francisco currently.

mikeak

Reaction score
Talk about TB change on radios this morning. Supposedly they felt McCoy didn't hit holes as tough as they wanted and sidestepped to much. They felt they got more what they wanted for way less in Gore. That was on the Cowherd show with Polian.

Marlin they said really didn't have the speed that Kelly wants in receivers.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3nr0djy3 said:
According to Stephen A Smith all the moves have to do with Chip Kellys racism.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/03/stephen ... hia-eagles

Smith and Bayless are morphing into Statler and Waldorf from the Muppets........just two old dudes rambling incoherently agreeing with each other's insane takes.

If there's any house cleaning on Kelly's part, it's 100% attitude and salary, not race.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I think the racist comments all stem from the fact that Chip Kelly has retained Riley Cooper while letting better players go. People are still really ticked off about the whole Cooper situation.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3uwl3nil said:
I think the racist comments all stem from the fact that Chip Kelly has retained Riley Cooper while letting better players go. People are still really ticked off about the whole Cooper situation.

Didnt really have much choice though. Had to keep him around to satisfy the Chadwick rule.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkFan72":10tuv8iv said:

That's cause Cooper's only making 3-4M a year, not 10+ like all these other guys.

Now maybe Smith is referring to certain players that are difficult to coach and have had issues in the locker room due to their attitude, and sees that as racism.

Kinda like us and Harvin, more on the selfish street hard ass side of the attitude coin.

Not sure if guys like Desean Jackson, Shady McCoy and Macklin fit the Harvin mold..............but my guess is as with Harvin, when you're making 10-12M a year it's much easier to cut you when you're not exactly a "yes sir, no sir" team player.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
White Devil":r9tv3ip9 said:
JSeahawks":r9tv3ip9 said:
According to Stephen A Smith all the moves have to do with Chip Kellys racism.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/03/stephen ... hia-eagles

What makes Stephen A's comments even funnier, is that the black players he's releasing are being replaced by...wait for it....black players.

That's not how racism works. :les:

Well yeah, but they're....not black enough.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
What they are doing now reminds me a lot of PC's first year in Seattle.