9ers dumping Stevie Johnson

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/nfltrade_rumors/status/575055903382245377[/tweet]

pehawk

Reaction score
I like him. He'd be a good value pickup.

ringless

Reaction score
What is the dead money hit on this?

I think they are trying to go for the whole Oakland and Jacksonville vibe... A whole bunch of cap space

Basis4day

Reaction score
ringless":1s9897m3 said:
What is the dead money hit on this?

I think they are trying to go for the whole Oakland and Jacksonville vibe... A whole bunch of cap space

No dead money left on his deal. Little over 6 million in cap savings.

pehawk

Reaction score
Marvin and 5 Rings need a sexual assault kit. Ringless has been violating them brutally.

Hawks46

Reaction score
pehawk":ixadvcqb said:

I'm assuming that if we draft a guy, or bring a guy like Andre Johnson in, that Baldwin moves to the slot. One side is set with Kearse already.

That said, Isn't Stevie Johnson pretty much a slot guy at this point ? So I'd think it would be redundant to sign a slot guy when we already have Baldwin.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":22slvv47 said:
pehawk":22slvv47 said:

I'm assuming that if we draft a guy, or bring a guy like Andre Johnson in, that Baldwin moves to the slot. One side is set with Kearse already.

That said, Isn't Stevie Johnson pretty much a slot guy at this point ? So I'd think it would be redundant to sign a slot guy when we already have Baldwin.

He's a perimeter wideout. Can play SE or flanker.

He is a good WR -- one of the very best in the NFL in terms of route running. Gave Sherman fits when we played Buffalo in Toronto.

Johnson (either one) would be an excellent addition for Seattle. Instantly upgrading the top 3 of our six man corps.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":v9pak4qh said:
Hawks46":v9pak4qh said:
pehawk":v9pak4qh said:

He is a good WR -- one of the very best in the NFL in terms of route running. Gave Sherman fits when we played Buffalo in Toronto.

Johnson (either one) would be an excellent addition for Seattle. Instantly upgrading the top 3 of our six man corps.

I remember when the 49ers acquired him that the 49er fans were so happy because they said they finally had a good slot receiver.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
The only knock on him I have heard is his work ethic. Seems this is why the Bills were willing to let him go to begin with. I know he is talented but would he be all in? If yes then go after him but if unsure then pass.

We desperately need help at the WR position but it has to be worth it.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Hawks46":3atuctkw said:
pehawk":3atuctkw said:

Really? Set with Kearse? I think I'd rather be a little uncertain with someone else than set with Butterfingers.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
pehawk":1vd3nkim said:
Marvin and 5 Rings need a sexual assault kit. Ringless has been violating them brutally.

This is why I am going to laugh my arse off when after all the 49ers off season problems, arrest, trades, etc. we still come out better than AZ and they fall short yet again.

hawksurething

Reaction score
Dude can't run real routes ! He runs routes impromptu making his QBs get INTs !

He can shake revised and all but he will get your QB picked off that way too.

No way to Stevie.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
HawkFan72":i8no7jep said:
Attyla the Hawk":i8no7jep said:
Hawks46":i8no7jep said:
pehawk":i8no7jep said:

I remember when the 49ers acquired him that the 49er fans were so happy because they said they finally had a good slot receiver.

Things don't always work out the way you want, you know like Harvin.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I remember him being the lone bright spot and nearly uncoverable in the 50-17 Canadian drubbing in 2012.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1v2wdsnp said:
The only knock on him I have heard is his work ethic.

The knocks on him are his work ethic, his hands, and his inability to stay healthy (he's only made it through all of 3 out of 7 seasons).

If there's not a big market for him I think he's a good value pick up for someone, though. Knocks aside, I do like his game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":3ep1nvr8 said:
HawkFan72":3ep1nvr8 said:
Attyla the Hawk":3ep1nvr8 said:
Hawks46":3ep1nvr8 said:
like him. He'd be a good value pickup.

Things don't always work out the way you want, you know like Harvin.
Hmmmm, Harvin was pretty instrumental in XLVIII, I'd say it worked out better than you think it did.

rideaducati

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2oqgoyjy said:
pehawk":2oqgoyjy said:

This is why I am going to laugh my arse off when after all the 49ers off season problems, arrest, trades, etc. we still come out better than AZ and they fall short yet again.

Good luck with that niner fan. I think the niners will be getting a top ten pick next year...without a trade.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I'd like to take a flyer on Stevie, but on the cheap. Seems like a guy who'd be able to get open once Russell starts doing his "sandlot holy shit somebody get open" thing.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
rideaducati":1095wur0 said:
lvnginhwktwn":1095wur0 said:
pehawk":1095wur0 said:

Good luck with that niner fan. I think the niners will be getting a top ten pick next year...without a trade.

I've seen it all, I'm no stranger to the dark years. Only time will tell. Ringless on the other hand is an obviously delusional AZ fan.